Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this normal?

• 26-02-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right, heres the story. I had a very vivid dream last night about my ex. We broke up around 4 years ago, but I still think about her alot. Now, I have been in a very healthy and strong relationship with a great girl for the last 2 years, and really cannot ever see us breaking up.

In this dream, I met the ex, she was pregnant, and pushing a buggy. I took delight at this, as I knew she wouldnt want kids at this stage of her life - shes 24 now. I got talking to her, and she ended up telling me that Im the only person she ever loved, and went to kiss me. I pusehed her back, and told her I had moved on (backround, she broke up with me all those years ago).

I woke up today, and find myslef asking myself, do i still love her (which i suspect I do), and if i do will it ever end? Is this what happens after your first big love breaks up? Is a place always held for your first real love?

Its pissing me off in a big way, as I know I love my current girlfriend alot. Why does this ex still haunt my mind?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Right, heres the story. I had a very vivid dream last night about my ex. We broke up around 4 years ago, but I still think about her alot. Now, I have been in a very healthy and strong relationship with a great girl for the last 2 years, and really cannot ever see us breaking up.

In this dream, I met the ex, she was pregnant, and pushing a buggy. I took delight at this, as I knew she wouldnt want kids at this stage of her life - shes 24 now. I got talking to her, and she ended up telling me that Im the only person she ever loved, and went to kiss me. I pusehed her back, and told her I had moved on (backround, she broke up with me all those years ago).

I woke up today, and find myslef asking myself, do i still love her (which i suspect I do), and if i do will it ever end? Is this what happens after your first big love breaks up? Is a place always held for your first real love?

Its pissing me off in a big way, as I know I love my current girlfriend alot. Why does this ex still haunt my mind?

I think that you are going to have to thin k about it. I went through a similar thing to that as such before . Also think abot what you reaally want .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yup, your ex will always have a special place in your heart. You probably do still love her on some level, but that doesn't jepredise (sp?!) your relationship with your current girlfriend. You never forget your first love, and that's cool. There's nothing wrong with it.

It was just a dream, but the fact that you pushed her away in it is your subconscious' way of telling you that you are in fact over her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

It was a dream buddy. Don't overanalyse it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Eminem wrote:
    I think that you are going to have to thin k about it. I went through a similar thing to that as such before . Also think abot what you reaally want .

Jaysus you should read what you type before submitting posts...

but to the OP, Faith hit the nail on the head. Me and the ex dont talk for childish reasons more than anything, we were together a long time but I still care about her in some way. Just let it pass...it doesnt and shouldnt affect your current relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

a lot of people will revert to weird things such as seeming disinterested or talking/thinking about ex's when they feel themselves commiting to someone...could this be your case???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

0utshined wrote:
    It was a dream buddy. Don't overanalyse it.

I agree. I once found myself analysing dreams to find their bearing and meaning on my life.

The only thing I came up with was that the characters of the dream and the story line they were involved in were only relevant in the context of the dreams. They did not mean what you may think (in the day world).

Ever wake up from a vivid dream remembering details and thoughts that would normally seem distantly connected? All of these things are only relevant in the context of the dream, when you remember the details afterwards they seem to have no meaning.....

The fact an ex appeared in this dream rang alarm bells and led you think it was something to do with her. If it was a dog or something in place of your ex in the dream would you have even remembered it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was a dream buddy. Get Over It !

Advertisement