Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

White alloys on black car - yay or neigh

Options
  • 26-02-2006 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im buying a set of alloys for my black civic coupe. I love the white ones and seen a few class looking cars with them. However, they only look good on some cars, i personally was always of the opiion that they should be left on Integra type R`s and type r civics, etc but im still thinking of putting them on my car.
    Im just interested what the general motoring public think before i make a hasty decision :)

White alloys on black car - yay or neigh
    Or even
    white alloys on any non-white cars apart from type R`s - yay or neigh

Ps: Or should i go with chrome ones.
    Also, i want 16teens as i do be on dodgy rural roads and need a decent depth of tire, dont want too low a profile. Whats the best option between comfort and looks. I appreciate both positive and negitive feedback. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

White alloys? No thanks, wouldn't they be a nightmare to keep clean anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had 17" Big End alloys on my black civic coupe, and they looked VERY well. The only other thing i did with it was a light tint and a nice reg plate - it didn't need anything else and always turned heads. Unfortunately, i don't have any pics to hand.

I'd stay away from white or chrome alloys on it. Possibly gun-metal grey?

Try photoshopping a picture of the wheels onto a picture of you car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

White alloys on a black car are like white socks with black trousers. Only a certain type will feel they are in good taste!

Mike.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It can look very very well. I used to hate white wheels until a mate with a black civic coupe got white OZ multispokes - as long as the car is lowered it looks savage. Bigher is better, 17"s look savage but 16"s will look cool too.

Here's a pick of my car: http://www.zascar.com/civic4.jpg
    I only have 15"s but they are lightweight raving wheels, and I ahev adjustable suspension so I can riase and lower the ride height...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Sweet car ya have there, Zascar. Wheels look well on it too.

Heres what im thinking of:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers man, its a crap photo I haev to get some better ones soon.

That pic looks good but what is better is the ones with like 32 spokes, where the wheel is much more filled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

If you want to get the "JDM" look then id go with White or more so black wheels.Either ways they tend to suit black cars and look well if lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Oh also check out www.rotarims.ie,they have some new lightweights out that are nice looking

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:
    White alloys on a black car are like white socks with black trousers

Or wearing white socks in general whilst not participating in any sports :)

Mine's a firm nay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

maybe i just missed it but i didnt see what car you have in mind? anything jap in black will look good with white rims. black rims do look good too but not as often in my opinion.black looks great on silver/gold/yellow cars i find
    im getting a set of oz multispkes in white for my black 206 nd i photoshoped the wheels on along with a subtle(ish) rally style kit and it looked great IMO.

• Advertisement

anything jap in black will look good with white rims

*pukes up dinner* :p

I admit it's not you, it's me. Even seeing white cars makes my stomach churn

Maybe you should post extreme views like that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

lol! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I dont think ive ever seen a car look nice with white wheels!

"Extreme Views" - ROTFL.... you obviously don't know much about non standard cars... this thread probably would be much better off in Modified Motors... I personally am not a fan of white cars either, but saying it's like wearing white socks, please...

Zascar wrote:
    this thread probably would be much better off in Modified Motors

Do I hear an echo?

No I was simply agreeing with the the comment

The Integra Type Arrgghs look quite good one the white alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

I tend to think it looks good on some cars, but more of a novelty

Zascar wrote:
    No I was simply agreeing with the the comment

Ah, ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

My second car, VW Jetta 1990 Mk2 (the very first car with the deep-bumpers to arrive in the UK) had a set of VW Avus alloys in white/silver. The car was white too so the wheels went well. I actually still have them in the garage should anyone with a Golf/GolfCabrio/Scirroco (they were fitted to these too) be interested.

VWAvus.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement