Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Corsa Rear Fog Lamp Fitting

Options
  • 26-02-2006 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

:D Has anyone ever had to fit a new rear fog Lamp to an 03 Corsa, I am not just talking about changing the bulb but the whole lamp unit, went to change it on Saturday gone had a look thought it was a simple matter of removing the the small mud gaurd from the inside of the wheel arch, but when i got it off I found I could reach up to the light and the screw that holds it place but theres no way i could be removed let alone fit a new one.
    So before I take the bumper completely off can any one tell me is there any easier way of going about this, I had a look in the owners manual to see how you would go about changing a bulb thinking that might give me an idea, but no, the manaul recommeds taking the car to a dealers to simply have a bulb changed.But if thats the logic behind there designs might have to remove the bumper. So if any one has any ideas or had to do this themselves please let me know.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i work in an opel main dealer and that is how we change them too! is a bit of a pain. also alot of headlamps require you to remove the bumper at the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Typical case of cost of manufacture vs cost of ownership.

On the old Nissan engine a blind one handed person could change the spark plugs, all 6 of them, on the new engine, I think it would be easier to remove the engine......
    One of the Chevy engines required reemoving the crankshaft pully to service the ignition (lucky it is once every 100K, assuming you get average reliability)

Welcome to "progress" and "forward thinking".

The morons that design these systems should be made service them on weekends.... and the Executives that make them design them should be forced to do it the other 5 days of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The terrible thing about the Corsa (one of them!) is that the rear foglight is right on the corner of the bumper and very vulnerable to learner drivers taking them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

yep, just remove the bumper all around. Should be easy using Torx 20 screwdriver I think. Then just replace the bulb and screw everything back on again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

Thanks for for the help, eventually got change the light last weekend.
    Though I ended up having to remove the bumper reinforcer (if thats what they call them on the Opals) along with the bumper. There are two plastic pins at the bottem of the bumper, which are pluged into to plastic brackets which in turn are clipped onto the metal bumper reinforcer, and that is bolted to the car. At the time I didnt know that the brackets could be unclipped, so I went for the safe option and removed the lot, my view being if it required the car to left with a dealer to have a standerd filament lamp changed what over ingenious methods had been used when putting the car together, to save money in manufacturing I'd imagine.
    But it was'nt to that bad just time consuming. Anyway thanks again.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

exposed screw heads are a big no-no these days!

Advertisement