Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another Enzo is lost.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

man ur too late, this was nearly 2 weeks ago. its already beem discussed on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ahhh....... Glad to see Im on the ball...........:o

Delete!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Summary::
    A 2003 Ferrari Enzo crashed at 6:08 AM on February 21, 2006 in Malibu, California on the Pacific Coast Highway near Decker Canyon

Dont see how it could have been posted 2 weeks ago if it only crashed 6 days ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ubu wrote:
    Dont see how it could have been posted 2 weeks ago if it only crashed 6 days ago....

It wasn't posted here 2 weeks ago. However it was already the main subject of 2 previous threads here. Do a search, it's working again after months of trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

they really seem to melt at high speeds... them enzos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

*vomits*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ah sure thats an mr2 kit car....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

People like this shouldnt be allowed to buy Ferrari's.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

Enz0wn3d!

It's always sad to see these limited edition hypercars get wrecked, but they were designed to be driven fast, and inevitibly this sort of thing happens. Treating them like a piece of art isn't much better though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ARGINITE wrote:
    People like this shouldnt be allowed to buy Ferrari's.:mad:

The only thing u need to drive a ferrari are an inflated sense of yourself and a fat wallet, the former which lets face it makes u a danger on the road to yourself and others.
    that enzo doesnt look so bad, at least the passanger cage is intact, the last one i saw just blew apart on impact and was a fatality.

quon wrote:

It's always sad to see these limited edition hypercars get wrecked,

why? they can just build another one? ferrari would have u believe that they are something special (which they are of course) but they can make as many as there is customers for. that guy who wrecked that enzo will probably just go out and get another one:rolleyes:

They can, just like Jaguar can rebuild more E-Types, Porsche more 959's etc, but they won't. They wouldn't exactly be exclusives then.

These are limited run. 399 I think. One less than what the projected market was for the Enzo.

quon wrote:
    They can...but they won't.

Thats ferraris choice then, its just a business scam to make a false shortage of them to shore up the badge to sell more low end ferraris which are mass produced.

Probably is a scam to sell more ferraris, like most manufacturers do. However, knowing that there are going to be no more made, and there being less on the planet now, makes me sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The guy already owns another black Enzo......

I have heard rumours that, ferrari will "repair" any enzo, no matter how bad it is, if the customer is willing to pay the price. But they will not build another one for a person who just wants another one.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Apparently the guy who was driving this was one of the CEO`s of the company who made the Gizmondo handheld gaming device.Which didnt really sell that well and hence the company went down the toilet.He said the crash happened at over 130mph plus he was very drunk. Car looks in pretty good shape considering the speed! Good thing he wasn`t driving something that would crumple into a small cube at the first sign of trouble!
    Police estimate that he was travelling a minimum of 100 MPH and up to 200 MPH when the crash occurred.

:v:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/34m3_20051103_003.shtml

From the same site, is this not the same car that was on carzone.ie a few weeks back? Only, on WE.com it says the Location is N. Carolina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

ha ha I heard about that car alright, I did wonder what kind of car it was.!

Although thats a left hand drie car. so I doubt it was the one in the irish version of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lomb wrote:
    Thats ferraris choice then, its just a business scam to make a false shortage of them to shore up the badge to sell more low end ferraris which are mass produced.

I would hardly call lesser Ferrari mass produced with the factory only producing 3500 cars per annum.
    The idea of producing one less than estimated demand is actually a tradition started by Enzo to always make them more desirable, but one car hardly qualifies artificially keeping the market prop ed up poor supply.

I think your post implies that Ferrari's are not worthy of their place in the motoring hall of fame when clearly they are.

On a different note: All cars even in smaller impacts tend to look in terrible shape after a crash these days, they are designed to do that in order to dissipate the forces away from the passengers hopefully saving their lives. The passenger cell here looks pretty good, probably saving his life. Money save lives too ! ;)

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote:
    . The passenger cell here looks pretty good, probably saving his life. Money save lives too ! ;)

Pity it didn't work for this guy: Who is brown bread.
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/enzo_20051103_001.shtml

ronoc wrote:
    Pity it didn't work for this guy: Who is brown bread.
    http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/enzo_20051103_001.shtml

well at least he died happy! in all seriousnss, i dont think carbon fiber is a great material for chassis construction.its fine for the passanger cabin ,but not for the chassis. he prob would have died anyway even if it was metal. thats what happens when u exceed the speed limit by more than twice..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ha ha I heard about that car alright, I did wonder what kind of car it was.!

Although thats a left hand drie car. so I doubt it was the one in the irish version of the story.
    Well one site was using a mirror image of the original picture. It's just a case of who!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

[PHP]Pity it didn't work for this guy: Who is brown bread.[/PHP]

Don't know if it's true, but I read somwehere that this one hit an oncoming truck, which would explain the devastation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Advertisement