Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Doody, for, Vice-President Welfare(manifesto)

Options
  • 27-02-2006 5:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

My Manifesto
    Welfare Campaigns:
    SHAG Week - Working to improve on the fantastic work of Nicola Reidy and Tamara Leevey, I am hoping to improve on SHAG week by introducing new ideas including; a Sex Therapist, Seduction Classes for both guys and girls, a bigger and bulkier SHAG pack and maybe strippers and cake (if we are lucky).

Mind Body and Soul - the aim of this campaign, is to encourage students into taking a healthier lifestyle, mentally, physically and spiritually. Some things I have planned, include; a mini-marathon in aid of a charity, a professional chef giving cooking lessons on a student budget, massage therapists for unwinding.

Helping Hand - this campaign would be the first of it’s kind and, is designed to help students become more active in volunteer and charity work. I would hope to work closely with college societies like Friends of Raphael’s and SVP, and get students more involved by raising money for charity and such.

Mental Health and Disability Awareness - this campaign is aimed at making students aware of those around us who are not as fortunate as ourselves. I would hope to deal with issues such as eating disorders, depression, suicide, stress and making students aware of the daily problems faced by people who are disabled.

These are just some of the campaigns I plan to run, I would also hope to run, an Anti-Bullying Campaign, Student Rights Campaign and Crime Awareness. If you have any questions about these campaigns please feel free to stop me and ask me about any questions you might have!

The Individual:

‘Adopt a Fresher’ - we have all been apart of the Student/Lecturer Mentor programme. What I would like to do if elected is start a Student/Student Mentor programme where 2nd 3rd and 4th year students, spend sometime during the year helping first year students get their bearings not only in the college but in the town itself.

Anonymous Help Box - not many people are comfortable talking about their problems face to face with another person. The aim of the box is to help those people who are too shy or afraid to talk to someone about their problems. Their issues would be addressed anonymously and put on the Welfare notice board

Welfarers - As well as having a welfare working group, I would also plan to setup a second group comprised of volunteers to help in the advertising and general running of campaigns. Welfarers would be people like you who are just as interested in the well-being of others as I am. They would do everything from putting up posters, lending an extra pair of hands to simply notifying other students of up and coming campaigns
    Another few issues that I believe are important include: developing a safer community both on and off campus for students. To achieve this I would work closely with the local Gardaí to ensure the safety of students living off campus and with Campus Security to improve upon campus safety.

The Students of St. Patricks College would also feature greatly in my ambitions to try and make sure that all students receive the same representation and help.
    I would work closely with the St. Patricks Rep. in order to ensure that these students are not forgotten about.

By working with the Executive Officers, such as the Education, Equality and Finance Officers I would aim to ensure that all aspects of student life are catered to.

If elected as VP Welfare, I promise you that you will always have someone to pop in and chat with, whether to talk confidentially or just to simply have a chat and a cuppa with.

This is only a quick run down of a few of the things I would hope to do if elected as your VP Welfare.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my manifesto. If you would like to learn more about my campaigns or have any questions, please feel free to email me on, spiked19@gmail.com.
    I look forward to chatting to you all over the coming week.

Oh and finally, best of luck to everyone else running in the elections

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Definetly has my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Declan Doody - Strippers & Cake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Ah thanks lads! If ya have any feedback or suggestions, comments, I'd appreciate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

Your definitely the friendliest, most approachable candidate.

Have my vote too.

stupefly wrote:
    Your definitely the friendliest, most approachable candidate.

Have my vote too.

Thanks very much...if you see me around tell me I owe you a lollipop or two and they are yours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrishLDS

Good luck, man. Hope you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Very sorry you didn't get the position man, but well done on getting as many votes as you did. Both of ye were equally good candidates. ;)

Heh, sorry. Couldn't resist. :D

trekkypj wrote:
    Very sorry you didn't get the position man, but well done on getting as many votes as you did. Both of ye were equally good candidates. ;)

Heh, sorry. Couldn't resist. :D

Resisting the urge to slap you...right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

I'm sorry...

I won't do it again. :o

Advertisement