Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

She loves me, she loves me not.

• 27-02-2006 7:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quickie .....

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 5 years now, living with her alot of the time. One thing is starting to get to me, I don't know if she love's me or not or if its just a relationship of convienience for her.

In all of the 5 years she's never actually told me she loves me, ever !!

Does anyone find this strange ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

does she act like she loves you, cause sometimes some people find it hard to express themselves.
    However if you think there is a problem chances are there is a problem and your best bet maybe to talk to her about your reservations

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

^^ Yeah some people just have trouble saying it, if you've been with her for 5 years, you should be able to talk to her about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

FFS - Ask Her Rather Than A Bunch Of Complete Strangers On The Internet Who Don't Know Either One Of You!!!

Isn't that what this forum is for ie getting objective opinions on this sort of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Just a quickie .....

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 5 years now, living with her alot of the time. One thing is starting to get to me, I don't know if she love's me or not or if its just a relationship of convienience for her.

Wow! Thats a strange one alright! Some girls are very trigger happy with that phrase at an early stage in a relationship!

I know alot of us guys find it hard to say those 3 little words! Perhaps she is like that too? Perhaps she does love you but finds it hard to say it?

I know for myself I find it hard to even say it towards a family member even though obviously I do.

• Advertisement

Merrick wrote:
    Isn't that what this forum is for ie getting objective opinions on this sort of thing?
    What do you think that was chuckles?

What do you think that was chuckles?

Hmm, I'm getting the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Chrissie

She's never said it. To me that's strange, but maybe some girls find it hard to say???

But:- Does she never show you she loves you? Cos if not, then I doubt if she does, & you need to think about what you want.

FFS - Ask Her Rather Than A Bunch Of Complete Strangers On The Internet Who Don't Know Either One Of You!!!

Hey buddy, I think he is on here seeking advice first! Before doing anything rash. Which is the point of this forum, is it not?

I would assume he will eventually confront her!

Your comment was unnecessary!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

py2006
    please leave the moderating to the moderators.

TC may have been blunt, but he is quite correct in what he is saying - the OP is with the girl 5 years and he's on here asking whither she loves him or not - none of us know either of them and cannot answer his question.
    the OP needs to ask his g/f this question, how hard can that be!? seriously :/

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote:
    Hey buddy, I think he is on here seeking advice first! Before doing anything rash. Which is the point of this forum, is it not?
    And he got advice. As for doing something rash, seriously - what do you expect him to do? Strap her to a dentist’s chair and enact the torture scene from the Marathon Man, until she tells him the truth?
    I would assume he will eventually confront her!
    Why do you assume that? He hasn’t in the last five years and people will often continue in these matters as they have begun.
    Your comment was unnecessary!
    Unnecessary how? If he feels he cannot or should not broach the subject with her then he’ll respond with why this is the case, otherwise there’s no reason for him to simply ask her, if truly wants an answer.

And, given that this is a matter that both bothers him and has dragged on for five years, it would indicate that a blunt response was anything but unnecessary.

Beruthiel wrote:
    py2006
    please leave the moderating to the moderators.

TC may have been blunt, but he is quite correct in what he is saying - the OP is with the girl 5 years and he's on here asking whither she loves him or not - none of us know either of them and cannot answer his question.
    the OP needs to ask his g/f this question, how hard can that be!? seriously :/

Ahhh, just coped on he was a mod! :rolleyes:

I was not trying to mod myself here, I was merely dissagreeing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Just a quickie .....

Ok you been together for five years , Dose she act like that she loves you?
    If so mabye she just might find it hard to say the words i love you. Some people are like that .

py2006 wrote:
    Ahhh, just coped on he was a mod! :rolleyes:

I was not trying to mod myself here, I was merely dissagreeing!
    I'm not a mod on this particular forum and, genetics aside, am no different to you here.

Just a quickie .....

Back to topic:

Have you told your gf that you love her? I mean, it is kinda worrying if you tell your significant other that you love them and they don't respond justly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Have you told her you love her?

And also, how does she sign cards to you? Does she say 'love' or 'best wishes'?

I'd definately ask her - 5 years is a crazy amount of time to be together without uttering those words? Has she never even said it when drunk?!

Advertisement