Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Kings Cell chapter in the Saturday times

Options
  • 27-02-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Any one read the first couple of chapters of Stephen King's new book in the Saturday times? It was 16 broadsheet pages, so about 30 or 40 paper back pages. Was v good.

Starts off with a right bang, apocalypse hits in first couple of pages, no need for spoiler tags, the books jacket tells you that. You wonder how he will keep the momentum going but I'm sure he will.

Would say it will be a nice little page turner, typical King stuff tho, apocalypse and all that. Similar to "The Stand", all tho I prefered the way the apocalypse hit in that, disease is more believable than a subliminal cell phone call that drives you nuts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

hey finished reading the book (Book store in Dublin Airport had exclusive release of it 2 weeks ago) have to say an excellent read right up to the end where I was a small bit disappointed but would like others views on it. The book itself made me want to go and buy the extended version of the Stand (I've only read the old standard version).

Glad to see that Stevie can still churn out a great story!

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hadnt he given up? I thought "from a buick 8" was his last ever story ?

I'll give Cell a read but king has always been a terrible finisher. The Stand extended was very good. Is king just rehashing his old ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

LoLth wrote:
    Is king just rehashing his old ideas?

From the what I read I would say he is rehashing a little bit. But he has said himself anytime he goes to his publisher with a new format or idea the really just want the bog standard King stuff off him.

Suppose his hands are tied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

This latest offering sounds a bit too much like a cross between The Stand and Maximum Overdrive for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

This latest offering sounds a bit too much like a cross between The Stand and Maximum Overdrive for my liking.

Ahhh, Maximum Overdrive! I loved that movie!

• Advertisement
Advertisement