Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Car Kit- Problem

• 27-02-2006 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need some advice please, got a Nokia car kit installed .
    Worked fine for the first couple of weeks .
    When i made an outgoing call ,the radio knocked itself off automatically
    The same for when receiving an incoming call, radio knocked itself off

Now the radio does not knock itself off, call comes in but radio stays on
    The speaker connection is working fine,

Before i call the installation company and they try to charge me for a couple of minutes work,does anyone have any ideas how i can fix it myself
    Some connection between the radio and the phone line

thanks to anyone who can throw some light on it for me

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Did an authorised fitter fit it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭andrew1977

yes an authorised fitter installed it , i travel a fair bit on the road for work, so they paid for it ,its a company phone ,it had worked fine for about 3 weeks, then over the weekend, the radio doesnt pick up the link for an incoming/outcoming call

Do you have any ideas on the problem ? I have searched various forums this morning .
    I was going to try and fix it myself,save me the hassle of going to my human resources dept to ask them to get the installer back out .
    Our HR dept would not be the most helpful or friendliest at the best of times

thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think the best thing is for an authorised fitter to have a look at it. The kit should have a year's warranty on it. You will void the warranty by trying to fix it yourself.
    I don't know much about the actual wirings of CKs so I'm not much help tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭andrew1977

cheers buddy,thanks for trying to help me anyway

God i can hear the groans already from the HR dept as i knock their door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There's a mute kit that sits behind the stereo that's connected to the car kit. It either tells the stereo to mute or shifts the speaker output with a relay, depending what your stereo can do. Either there's a lose connector, the mute kit is faulty, or the car kit is faulty, in order of likelihood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

there is a wire comming from your car kit to your radio, it should be yellow. It more than likely has come loose cos the installer has used them bloody scotch connectors.

Advertisement