Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for some-Cold for all

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I seen that done a few times Gonzo, little tiny areas that have no color at all, I think its just a fault or something, be a bit weird to have one little area thats no risk at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Isn't this down to London being so warm that no snow gets in!!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp has a load of webcams, the one near Helmsdale is looking a lot whiter now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the belt of rain moving south has fragmented alot over northern ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Met Eireann just said snow showers becoming more widespread tomorrow night across the northern half of the country. Accumulations are likely they said:D (I take it that means Dublin is in with a shout) 12z UKMO -- Cold spell goes on and on and on .........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Check out the NW GFS snow risk for tomorrow night. Happy days;) :http://n-w-cirrus.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20060227/12/36/uksnowrisk.png

darkman2 wrote:
    Met Eireann just said snow showers becoming more widespread tomorrow night across the northern half of the country. Accumulations are likely they said:D (I take it that means Dublin is in with a shout) 12z UKMO -- Cold spell goes on and on and on .........
    I see , it must be nightime all day tomorrow then and theres going to be a volcanic eruption with the lava instantly freezing and causing the whole of the north to be on high ground...
    " snow at night time on high ground only" or words to that effect yesterday on the farming forecast :rolleyes:

Why bother do a forecast for the week on a sunday when its going to be changed the next day.
    A better forecast yesterday would have been to outline the risk of snow if they werent 100% sure ( though funny enough the Met office in Belfast and London were very sure yesterday )

I'm not bitter :D as I'm unlikely to see snow in a NW wind except for the odd flurry unless something big comes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very interesting forecast by Ger Fleming there. Finally a proper forecast, and specific. The usual suspects in a northerly were mentioned, and the "very north of Leinster" might get its foot in the door:) Severe frost tomorrow night.

No forecast really beyond Tuesday night. They're keeping their cards close to their chests;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The six one forecast said that "a few" showers may push into northern leinster tomorrow ("the very north of leinster", with a shower showing over Dub ;)). The charts for Wed & Thurs showed showers again over Dub. So..fingers crossed. I'm more worried now about the potential for sticking, particularly after the sun comes out. Although it looks like it will be very cold indeed, the temps in Dublin tomorrow looked like 3 degrees, -5 tomorrow night.

I notice Gerry Murphy's farming forecast from yesterday has now been put in the bin,like I said it should be in yesterdays thread.

Gerry Flemming has just been on with a much more realistic forecast.
    3c max in Dublin tomorrow.

Snow on low ground and in the Daytime :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What are the chances of Navan seeing a bit of snow tomorrow or over the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What are the chances of Navan seeing a bit of snow tomorrow or over the week?

Pretty much everywhere will see snow this week.. whether you get
    enought to have a decent covering or not is a much harder thing
    to forecast. I would suggest that Navan will get a covering this week
    at least:)

It should see snow showers.
    Settling snow will depend on how many and how heavy.

It's a now cast situation really during the week
    Subtle wind changes and clumps of showers with shallow polar lows could change things and snow distribution

Now we have to worry about whether the snow will stick or not as the precipitation for tomorrow alone will not be particularly intense. I'd say I have an okay chance at home but many will be left dissapointed.

I think that snow in Dublin is more likely to melt than stick but I hope for the sake of snow lovers in Dublin that even enough for someone to make a single snowball will stick.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Earthman wrote:
    I notice Gerry Murphy's farming forecast from yesterday has now been put in the bin,like I said it should be in yesterdays thread.

Gerry Flemming has just been on with a much more realistic forecast.
    3c max in Dublin tomorrow.

Snow on low ground and in the Daytime :D

I missed that, did he say snow in Dublin? Or was it a generic sweeping statement?
    :)

Metcheck.com have over 24 hours of light snow for Derry starting at 9 AM tomorrow:eek:

Shame there's no features showing up for Wednesday as there is a max of 2 Celcius forecast on metcheck. The lowest maximum I've seen for Louth and this would fall to around 1 Celcius where I live.

What kind of shops would have outdoor thermometers, something basic even?:p

Felixdhc wrote:
    I missed that, did he say snow in Dublin? Or was it a generic sweeping statement?
    :)
    Nah he had the symbol over Dublin,he didnt mention Dublin.
    He also had the 3 over Dublin-you get the picture.

I'll sumaraise the week for ye.
    Snow in Gozo's house,snow with Felix, probably a good dusting at least in both especially at Gonzo's.
    Snow in Longfields and With WC.

A few flurries maybe with mothman and nothing down here.

But it will be cold throughout.

Subtle wind changes and shower clumps may vary this a bit.

Probably a few inches with To be _ confirmed up on the higher ground in Louth too.
    As for Danno, he should also get a few inches before the week is out.

Oh and I almost forgot,Ashbourne should see at least an inch or two before the week is out also.

What about me in Maynooth till Wednesday and the Letterkenny for Thursday and Firday maybe?

Earthman has made a bad prediction there I think. Some snow in Gonzo's house?:D

• Advertisement

Scotland is starting to see the snow now, looking at the webcams on http://www.trafficscotland.org/viewsOrd.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thats a good link Irish1, I was looking at it earlier and there was only a small bit of snow, good to see its progression :D.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

my digital camera is fully charged and ready for action if the snows paint a nice fresh layered white carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cheers Earthman :)

Earthman has made a bad prediction there I think. Some snow in Danno's house?:D

Huh???

Explain... :mad:

:o Stupid me. I should've said "Gonzo". Apologies:( Earthman said "snow in Go[n]zo's house"

LOL! :D

I wonder will any snow fall from that band coming down through Connaught
    and N Leinster at the moment. Temps are falling fast at the moment. 3c at Cork, 4.3c here...

drizzling outside now, i think its whats left of the fragmented rainband sinking south. its much more active over northern england and north wales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just taught I would give you a qucik update here in Navan;) . Noting much happening here. It is spitting rain a bit. But it is starting to get cold enough out. Is this a good or bad sign? Sorry I am not up in all this weather talk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement