Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for some-Cold for all

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

7'C/Dry now in north wicklow, cant see us getting any snow tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

http://www.ecmwf.int/samples/d/inspect/catalog/samplers/banner/mean_sea_level_pressure_and_24h_cumulated_precipitations!72!Europe!msl!pop!od!oper!w_mslrain!2006022712!!/

North Wales will do better than me or anywhere south of me in Leinster by the looks of that.

And Earthman's last 2 posts were quite a ramp. If it's not snow in houses, its a few inches of the stuff outside.

I say not a hope in hell of a few inches unless some occluded fronts or even better a Polar Low make an appearance. I'm not good at spotting these things so WC had better be on full lookout:p

Btw I was serious about the thermometer thing:o Where would be a likely place to have outdoor thermometers for sale? A garden centre even?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Try Tescos or LiDL.

I got my wireless outdoor one in LiDL for €18 approx.

Keep it out of sunshine though and more than 10 feet from the house

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Oh I'm looking for a trad alcohol or mercury thermometer. Something that'll take a bit of wear and tear and could be put in water/snow:) Don't want to change batteries either:o

That cold front was underwhelming in itself.... There was barely any drizzle and the ground's bone dry. But already it feels much cooler:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You's are going a bit of topic lads. Lets get back to the snow:D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had an icy rain shower here with bits of sleet mixed in :)

(Wind seems to be picking up too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Interesting 9 o'clock forecast, a bit different and a little more further-looking than the 6 one.

Basically, tomorrow, showers in the areas mentioned before, including possibly north leinster, but he did say that snow was likely to be "just on the high ground".

However, on Wednesday, he said showers will become more widespread, and more likely to be of snow with the drop in temperature.

He also mentioned that there was a threat of lows running west to east south of Ireland, skirting the southern part of the country by the end of the week, that could bring sleet or snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

LookingFor wrote:
    Interesting 9 o'clock forecast, a bit different and a little more further-looking than the 6 one.

Basically, tomorrow, showers in the areas mentioned before, including possibly north leinster, but he did say that snow was likely to be "just on the high ground".

However, on Wednesday, he said showers will become more widespread, and more likely to be of snow with the drop in temperature.

He also mentioned that there was a threat of lows running west to east skirting the southern part of the country by the end of the week, that could bring sleet or snow.

According to the GFS there will be widespread showers tomorrow possibly as far south as Wicklow. And they will of snow from the word go tomorrow morning so interesting times ahead:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Widespread SNOW showers from tomorrow midday and i see no reason
    for them being anything other than SNOW tomorrow after 12:)

The the 18z goes for further widespread snow showers during Wednesday:D

Rtavn484.png

Looking very interesting and indeed snowy:D

Me likes that chart BUT will it be there in the morning?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I doubt there will be snow anywhere tonight, just a clear stary night, cloud is breaking here already, that rain band was nothing more than a few spits of drizzle, didnt even wet the ground.

Showers should start forming from the morning/midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Heard the weather forecast on Q102 in Derry at 10. Rain early tonight with a strong possibility of this turning to wintery showers through the night.

Just want to ask if anyone else is having problems getting on to NW at the moment.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep its down darkman2, TWO is up, Steve Murr and a few others from NW are posting there.

Cheers mate:)

NW is back up and running :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I see TWO has a new Carlow member! :D

Being reading for years just got around to registering, I have thursday and friday off and I want to see snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Well there was snow today on all the big hills down here in Kerry. Baurtregaum had a slight dusting, whereas Brandon had a bit as well, mostly confined to the very top.
    Although Carrauntuohil did get a nice covering, at least down to 750 metres i reckon.. Heres hoping it will reach down to the lofty height of my house 50 metres asl

Yes the webcams in the NE of Scotland that are visible are showing lying snow.

• Advertisement

How accurate is that though?

I know netweathers one had snow over me the other day when it was rain except above 900ft

Well I know its snowing in Scotland.
    The metars show that.
    The Aberdeen city centre webcam shows the place pretty white by now,but they are very far north and very much in the early fireing line.

Time for a new thread-stand by

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement