Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just played Lego Star Wars!

Options
  • 27-02-2006 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Was in Smyths on Saturday looking for God of War. Found it going in the 2 for 40 euro deal. The only other game in the section i even recognized was lego star wars so i said might as well try it out. Have to say i was really surprised on how good it is. Really surprising considering its supposed to be a kids game and also that im not too much of a star wars fan. If you love games and if you have a passing interest in star wars, then you owe it to yourself to a least rent this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I'll second it, my son loves it and I find myself staying up playing it once he's gone to bed. Just to like errm, help him get further :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

hshortt wrote:
    I'll second it, my son loves it and I find myself staying up playing it once he's gone to bed. Just to like errm, help him get further

Can't blame you for that. :D

The game has got me thinking about getting star wars battlefront 2. Would anyone reccomend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wish they'd make more Lego games like that... perhaps Lego Spider-man?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Chumpski wrote:
    The game has got me thinking about getting star wars battlefront 2. Would anyone reccomend it?

its better then the first one, but still no where near as good as an online version on star wars should be. best bet is to wait for the final version of battlefield 2 star wars. will be a long time though.

as for lego star wars, its great fun. and the co-op is great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

if you didn't know, they're making a sequel to lego star wars about the original trilogy
    i'm dubious about the game, being that its for kids, i'd give it a go but theres still so many other games i wanna play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

lego star wars is savage! very clever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Chumpski wrote:

yeah i would. though avoid the PSP version. online is fun (i have the ps2 version), but you can sometimes get stuck for finding good games, which seems to be a trend in online console gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Lego star wars was a great game but a bit too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lego star wars is an absolutely fantastic game for about 3 or 4 days. After that there's not much point in playing on. Quality though. Great fun to play co-op. Looking forward to the sequel. Will probably just rent that for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hmm, I couldn't get the damn demo of this game to run on my PC!, it wasn't a specification issue either (AMD 3700+, 2048mb RAM, 256mb GDDR3 GFX!), so maybe I missed out big time on this game as everyone I know who played it has said it's a great laugh..

Battlefield 2 Star Wars :eek:

That sounds like it could be truly amazing if it's done right, but as it's obviously a mod then it's all down to the ability of the chaps doing the mod!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now that sounds Slick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What about Lego GTA !! That would be cool, with all the Lego cars and houses and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Laguna wrote:
    Hmm, I couldn't get the damn demo of this game to run on my PC!, it wasn't a specification issue either (AMD 3700+, 2048mb RAM, 256mb GDDR3 GFX!), so maybe I missed out big time on this game as everyone I know who played it has said it's a great laugh..

Similiar spec had issues getting it run at 800*600 , It uses Bink video which was the cause of my issues and the sound in the game kept crashing my pc.

Cracking game tho i had it on pc for the boy and "we" finished it as a team ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lego Star Wars is one of the best games of last year, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had sound issues too. The music would always get stuck in a horrible loop and the cut scenes would be out of sync.

This is why I prefer to buy games on consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Chumpski wrote:

Lego Star wars is an excellent game. I had a ball playing it.No way is it just for kids. Why should they have all the fun?

I bought Battlefront not too long ago. I didnt think it was as good as the first one. It is improved graphic wise and all that but to me its not as good. I didnt finish it unlike the first one. I know im in the minority there though as most would say its much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Still haven't played this, it's on my to-do list.
    The list is very long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Kiith wrote:
    its better then the first one, but still no where near as good as an online version on star wars should be. best bet is to wait for the final version of battlefield 2 star wars

Will do, pity theres not a decent star wars game on the ps2. They potentially could make great games.
    eyerer wrote:if you didn't know, they're making a sequel to lego star wars about the original trilogy

Yeah i heard that. Ill wait for it to come out on platinun though. They are great games but very short. Not worth the full EUR 60 first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Chumpski wrote:
    Yeah i heard that. Ill wait for it to come out on platinun though. They are great games but very short. Not worth the full EUR 60 first day.

You're probably better off just renting it, really it's that short. I seem to remember getting lego star wars off play.com shortly after it came out for about €24. I very rarely pay full price for games anyway, there's always good deals if you shop around on the internet. I don't feel I have to play the latest games as soon as they come out either. Just ordered God of War off blahdvd.com for £10.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Have to thank yourself for recommending this one to me. It took me 4 days of my christmas holidays to get 100% on all levels. 4 days well spent. Really fun little game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

A Lego Marvel Heros game would be the bees knees!

Advertisement