Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a wireless alarm & fitter???

Options
  • 27-02-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

hi Guys,

The house we have bought has no alarm installed.

On our current (re-wired) house we have a HKC alarm. Any idea if there is a wireless equivalent we could buy for the new house? The name of a fitter would be great also - not sure if the guy who did our HKC alarm does wireless ones as he is an electrican.

Thanks as ever

Dools:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

I bought and installed a YALE wireless alarm. It took about 2/3 hours total to set up.

All you need is drill/screwdriver to position the contacts/PIRs, but there's a bit of messing connecting with the wires in the main alarm box - just follow instructions - easy to say afterwards :).

Its really good as you can connect it to your landline meaning you can activate/de activate via your mobile-ie. no need to pay a security firm a monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dools wrote:
    hi Guys,

The house we have bought has no alarm installed.

On our current (re-wired) house we have a HKC alarm. Any idea if there is a wireless equivalent we could buy for the new house? The name of a fitter would be great also - not sure if the guy who did our HKC alarm does wireless ones as he is an electrican.

Thanks as ever

Dools:)
    Dools, where you based...I can recommend a guy who covers Nth Kildare/Offaly area who is just branching into the wireless alarm fitting. Highly recommended. PM me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Lex,

Thanks for your help. Actually just spoke to said electrician (above) and he can do a wireless system for me. Will go with him as he did the electrics on our current house and is really decent

Thanks anyway

Dools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

actually im looking for a wireless alarm for a new house im moving into also - in the ranelagh area. do most alarm companies do wireless versions?? so is it just a matter of picking one out of the golden pages? any recommendations gratefully received!

Advertisement