Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent help:TurboC IDE

Options
  • 27-02-2006 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

anyone use this in a while? Im trying to teach a lab that HAS to use this and I have never used it before. Its a disaster app as far as I can tell. I can get as far as the editor but then when i try to compile/build/run nothing happens. Eg running a little hello world does nothing, no executable is produced, no output appears from the printf.. nada... HELP ?

argh, back to command line id say but i dont get to choose. whats so wrong with gcc and a.out then eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Any chance you are in NUIG? it has been ages since I used ole Turbo C ... AFAIR it was straight forward enough.

Alt-W to access the window menu, and select Output, Message etc.

Output contains stdout, Message contains any compiler/linker messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

IM in UL. cheers for that. I'll try it in a few mins, fingers crossed, lab on soon and Ill look really silly if cant even get the IDE to co-operate. Its a horrible setup. Cant seem to find any quick ref guides or anything, I guess its so prehistoric noone needs em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

F6 switches between open windows too if that helps.

It'd be far more useful to show them gcc and a Makefile alright ... I remember entering the real world and being amazed at how irrelevent the 'tools' I used in college were, and all the time gcc / gmake etc were there in the public domain.

F6 switches between open windows too if that helps.

It'd be far more useful to show them gcc and a Makefile alright ... I remember entering the real world and being amazed at how irrelevent the 'tools' I used in college were, and all the time gcc / gmake etc were there in the public domain.

Can you imagine, that there are no machines in my dept running UNIX!! They are going to be comp engies... and no Unix. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

If its the old Borland Ide that you are using then try the following Help.
    Its been a few years since I have used it.
    Best of luck with the labs.

• Advertisement

ARGINITE wrote:
    If its the old Borland Ide that you are using then try the following Help.
    Its been a few years since I have used it.
    Best of luck with the labs.

Nice one. thanks!

Advertisement