Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: French Lady, Alex & The Others

• 27-02-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

I was flicking through the last episode of LOST season 1 when it came to the part where the French Lady steals Claires baby and Charlie and Sayid get it back. She says her childs name is Alex. Now, that sparked a memory from Episode 11 The Hunting Party when Jack & co meet Zeek and the others. Zeek shouts out a one stage "Bring her out Alex!". Coincidence? I haven't had a chance to rewatch that episode but if Alex looks about 16/17 years old it could well be Rossous' son.

Also, while I'm here. Does anyone else get the feeling that maybe the Others aren't really the bad guys we think they are. In 207 (The other 48 days) yer man (the other) reveals that the children are safe and he justified killing nathan because he "wasn't a good man". So far all the flashbacks have revealed dark secrets in the characters lives. Maybe the Others take the innocent ones (like the children). Zeek too says that Walt is fine and that he's better off now. Also, in 207 one of the kids has a teddy bear, the same teddy bear that we see when Jin and Eco are hiding in the bushes from the Others.

Too many theories... IT'S ALL VERY CONFUSING!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

hey i've just posted similar thread to this obliviously.... ifeel usurped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Bacchus wrote:
    I was flicking through the last episode of LOST season 1 when it came to the part where the French Lady steals Claires baby and Charlie and Sayid get it back. She says her childs name is Alex. Now, that sparked a memory from Episode 11 The Hunting Party when Jack & co meet Zeek and the others. Zeek shouts out a one stage "Bring her out Alex!". Coincidence? I haven't had a chance to rewatch that episode but if Alex looks about 16/17 years old it could well be Rossous' son.

We only see her arm, and I'm not that good at judging who people are, based purely on that.
    Bacchus wrote:
    Also, while I'm here. Does anyone else get the feeling that maybe the Others aren't really the bad guys we think they are. In 207 (The other 48 days) yer man (the other) reveals that the children are safe and he justified killing nathan because he "wasn't a good man". So far all the flashbacks have revealed dark secrets in the characters lives. Maybe the Others take the innocent ones (like the children). Zeek too says that Walt is fine and that he's better off now. Also, in 207 one of the kids has a teddy bear, the same teddy bear that we see when Jin and Eco are hiding in the bushes from the Others.

Too many theories... IT'S ALL VERY CONFUSING!! :(

I think that the others will turn out to be allies for the Losties. I'm talking about Zeke's group here, I also think that there is another group of "Others". The more clean-shaven ones; Ethan Rom, Goodwin, 2x14 ->
    and possibly Henry Gale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's important to stress that Alex is a girl.

But what happened with Rosseau and Ethan? Did Rosseau rescue Claire from Ethan for her own ends and Claire managed to escape from her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about LOST. Whatever about teasing us with the button and the others but when characters don't ask the obvious questions and no answers are given to it gets very frustrating. Why can't any of them put two and two together. Why keep all the secrets from each other? :mad:

That's an interesting point about the others and the clean shaven others... 2x14 made the point that
    everyone is an other, noones' knows who anyone really is. Maybe there are several groups of people on the island. On that point. Where the fcuk is Desmond?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevm3

i agree..others are the innoncent ones. the islands babysitters!!
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Maybe they take the children to protect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

i dunno was this mentioned before - if it was apologies - but in episode 02-14 is the army guy who's interviewing sayid at certain stages the same person as zeke from the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

emee wrote:
    i dunno was this mentioned before - if it was apologies - but in episode 02-14 is the army guy who's interviewing sayid at certain stages the same person as zeke from the others?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Bacchus wrote:

In 207 (The other 48 days) yer man (the other) reveals that the children are safe and he justified killing nathan because he "wasn't a good man". So far all the flashbacks have revealed dark secrets in the characters lives.

Also, don't forget that the black smoke entity saw flashes from Eko's past - his flashbacks.

I've been thinking recently that the reason why we see the flashbacks every week is because we're seeing them from the POV of something on the island that reads the losties minds.
    Perhaps the others are connected to this - that's why they know who to take etc.

On the other hand maybe the flashbacks are used just to flesh out episodes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

qz wrote:
    I think that the others will turn out to be allies for the Losties. I'm talking about Zeke's group here, I also think that there is another group of "Others". The more clean-shaven ones; Ethan Rom, Goodwin, 2x14 ->
    and possibly Henry Gale.

Don't know if the Others we've seen so far really fall into 2 groups. I think they're all one big scruffy-looking bunch. Ethan, Goodwin and Gale only got cleaned up to infiltrate the Flight 815 survivors. Goodwin's group snatched most of the tail section and later on when we see the kids (and the teddy bear), they look as scruffy as Zeke and his chums. So they could all be one big group.
    Also, Zeke never denied that he knew who Ethan was. When he says "That's an interesting theory..." to Jack, he's referring to Jack's theory that the Others are a small group, which was quickly disproved. ("LIGHT 'EM UP!!!" - class!).
    They could all be rogue Dharma scientists. It doesn't look like there's any organised official Dharma presence on the island any more. Otherwise, they would have sent someone to join Desmond when Kelvin died. Perhaps they'll arrive at the end of Season 2?

Here's a link to the list of discredited theories on Wikipedia that some of you mightn't have seen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

What about when Ana Lucia found the army knife (pen knife). She made a point of saying that it had US military markings. I think it belonged to Goodwin. Maybe the 'others' were military test subjects dumped on the island in the 70's.

Advertisement