Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal Deviation - The Irish Martial Arts Movie

Options
  • 27-02-2006 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Coming soon to a lecture theatre near you...

Fatal Deviation

The Self Defence Club proudly presents the first (and possibly only) feature length Irish martial arts movie, set in Trim, with a cast and crew of Irish people, and star attraction Mikey Graham (of Boyzone fame).

The movie stars Jimmy Bennet, whom some have called the Irish Jean Claude Van Damme (and when you've seen this movie, I'm sure you'll agree). It boasts an action packed plot involving car chases, martial arts tournaments, a local beauty, and a crime boss who won't give her up, all centered around a Londis, Kiely's pub, and a very old house in Trim, Co. Meath.

The movie rapidly achieved cult status as being pure gold, and about as hard to get a copy of too - see this review of it on RTE's Blizzard of Odd.

This is a movie that you cannot afford to miss, and the club has managed to get their hands on a copy in order to have an exclusive showing of this triumph of Irish film making.

We would love it if everyone would join us to watch it - Wednesday, 1st March, 19:30, JHL4 (upstairs in John Hume). It promises to be an event to remember, so make sure you're there.

Admission is €3, €2 for club members.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Don't encourage this kind of tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have this on video. Absolutely hilarious. Got it from Jimmy himself. What a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

its brilliant,but very laughable (at)

i had to pay €26 to get it on dvd from america, yet i went to school with the "hot babe" and live about 5miles from jimmy

i got my copy signed by the lead god father, and am trying to get one of henchmen and hopefully the "hot babe" to sign it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

mukki wrote:
    i got my copy signed by the lead god father, and am trying to get one of henchmen and hopefully the "hot babe" to sign it

Mickey Regan? Gas man
    Heard Jimmy Bennett was pronouncing his name "Ben-ay" after this came out. Bit like Mrs. Bucket.

I thought this film was forgotten about years ago.

Whoa dont know what happened there. Deleted the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

mukki wrote:
    its brilliant,but very laughable (at)

We're hoping that's the word that'll get around - its the best worst movie I've ever seen <grin>
    i went to school with the "hot babe" and live about 5miles from jimmy

Really? What's the man himself up to these days? I know there's plenty of people that'd love to meet him, and I think get him to sign the dvd too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

easy on the posts there little shaver...
    Yes if this film was ment to be a comedy it would be funny in a 1980's cheap martial arts rip off wannabe way but it's not as it's set somewhere outside Kells??... And Jimmy Ben-ay (as he called himself ) is a bit of a tool.

It's set in Trim, Co. Meath. And part of this movie's greatness lies in that fact that its not, and that its "loosely based" on about 5 of Jean Claude Van Damme's movies <grin>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Pierce Brosnan, Tommy Tiernan, Dylan Moran, Hector and now this new action hero superstar from Trim! Meath really is the Hollywood of Ireland isn't it!! :D

Kila wrote:
    We're hoping that's the word that'll get around - its the best worst movie I've ever seen <grin>

Really? What's the man himself up to these days? I know there's plenty of people that'd love to meet him, and I think get him to sign the dvd too.

jimmy, i never see him around anymore, he used to be in bucks in athboy every week, with vaseline on his face, made him look all sweaty and angry, don't think he ever pulled

his little brother is friendly, he always waves even though he doesn't know me, saw him last week working under a lifted loader, poor eegit will get himself killed

back to the main feature, FATAL DEVIATION things to watch out for....

the "hot babe" didnt have the apple tart (that she baked herself) on the bike as she cycled over

watch carefully in the film, the lovemaking scence is only showen after the "hot babe" has been kidnapped, so its totally from his imagination!!!, and when it cuts back to him he is walking down a lane, and you can't see his hands. anyway you can assume he is fantasizing, and fiddling with himself

the camerman puts his hand on the passanger seat when the 2 lads in the white (white with a capital S) merc are aproaching the "hot babe" to invite her out for mikey

background info
    the guy who has the pointless nude bath pretty much paid for film

the camerman, makes wedding videos now a days

graham gerathy is one of the fighters in the "bealtine fair"

useless jimmy crashed the car driving down the (straight) lane, this was caught on camera and left in the film, making one of the best one liners i have ever heard in a film

Just to remind all concerned that we are showing this tonight, and we'd love it if everyone interested came, and dragged friends along. You won't be disappointed (unless you miss it).

• Advertisement

well how did it go?????

Advertisement