Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA season2 to date e14*SPOILERS* re: chilldern & further theory

• 27-02-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

sorry very long....
    ....been trying to make some ground on my theory which i posted a while ago so here goes:

It would seem that after the run in with Zeke we found out and believed to be true that no harm had come to the Walt who has been kidnapped and it would seem that the same went for Alex assuming it s the same Alex who was kidnapped 16 years ago.
    So why kidnap childern? The first reason I can think of is that it is for the well being of the childern assuming Zeke isn't lying. So whats he protecting them from?
    The sickness? It would seem so. So what causes the sickness? The extremely powerful EM field? Most probably! This would explain the timeframe of people arriving on the island and then becoming sick, giving an adults general ability to withstand EM at low levels in the real world, I think that the losties are exposed to much greater EM fields on the Island and that childern in particular are at risk because of their much lower tolerence to such!
    So would this mean that Zeke and co are anti scientist rebels of some sort?
    But what of this comment from hom that Walt is a very special boy?
    How would they know that? Are the others the scientists, forced to live on Island after the world has ended?
    Or perhaps Zeke and co have a base where some scientists from the original project have defected to Zekes cause, which leaves the remaining sceintists with Alvar, who are probably all mental types hellbent on domination of some sort or the other.

So are the childern just being protected or are being used for something else?
    It struck me that Walt in season one had attracted a bird towards him as a result of heightened brain activity from reading the comic, rather than he just thought of the bird and killed it subconsciously; now birds and fish use magnetic field pull to aid navigation so what if Walt is actually a great source of magnetism or can somehow affect magnetic fiels? What if Walt is the reason the losties survived the crash by use of his power, or what if Walt is the reason they crashed in the first place?

I feel it's important to figure the backstories out! Going over old ground here but anyway....
    The seemingly unlikley theory of Dharma pervading their lives in the real world seems to be gathering more and more weight. This can be explained only 2 ways

1. They have been manipulated in the real world so that they would be on that plane.
    2. Implanted memories, i.e they have been born on the Island and Dharma has used implanted backstories to give character each a sense and purpose to life, this would explain why the characters in the backstories overlap and why Zeke asked them how long have you been on this Island? If the stories are not impanted memories then somehow in the real world Dahrma has linked a bunch of people together for some reason for which I can't find a satisfying answer. Anyone?

The remote viewing aspect of Dharma is purely for control of the test subjetcs I believe and I also believe that everything happening is controlled to some level by dharma i.e the plot unfolding is a Dharma initiative but the losties have the power to break the spell if you will and regain their freewill.
    Either Zeke and his company have broken away from a Dharma Initiative or they are another control used by Dharma, my guess is that they are renegades who kidnapped Walt are using him against Dharma in some way.
    So if the EM field means everything to survival then its presevation is paramount, explaining the dryer, no combs etc. but why would Dharma allow the losties to control the hatch if it essential to survival? This can only purport to mean that the Hatch is a test. Or Dharma having 'programmed' the losties realise they will conform, and are very closely monitoring their activity, but when the numbers reached zero no Dharma operatives were on the scene (unless you count Henry Gale).
    The ancient symbols which have appeared on the counter reachng Zero would indicate that someone has gone to quite a lot of trouble to either scare the hatch operative(s) or prepare a massive program for dealing with Zero, ie possible loss of contact with satellite ie 'to die' ie end of z vorld.
    The numbers reaching zero on a previous occasion may well of been the 'incident' that we've heard so little about and diaster then was narrowly averted despite many falling ill.

Finally preview to 'Maternity leave' In going along with the idea that Dharma are controlling everything i think Claire was Kidnapped and throughly tested by Dharama doctors before her pregnancy. They were checking whether or not she was capable of giving birth to Aaron outside a medical facility ie home birth.

OK thats it, I heard there a 3 week break soon, is this true?
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevm3

I think there genuinely looking out 4 the kids. We dunno what hes protecting them from. Remember the flashback when he was looking at a bird book and the bird died. =special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Maybe they need the kids to repopulate their group?
    Fresh blood into the mix so to speak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

i assumed dharma were tryiing to put together some kind of utopian society (the guy mentions this on the video reel), and so the others are taking all the children and the good people - you may recall that the other from the taily group said those that were not taken were "not good people".

has this been mentioned before? i havent been this board in a while and thought it would be the general consensus at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

i assumed dharma were tryiing to put together some kind of utopian society (the guy mentions this on the video reel), and so the others are taking all the children and the good people - you may recall that the other from the taily group said those that were not taken were "not good people".

has this been mentioned before? i havent been this board in a while and thought it would be the general consensus at this stage.

is there something in my post which refutes this, because I would kinda go along with that idea(dharma rebuilding a utopian society) too, although more of what I saee happening is Dharma losing control of their project and also with the childern it would appear its something more than just protecting them especially in Walts case hence the 'he s a very special boy' remark and the episode named 'special'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

they want the kids to save them... as it is the island closest to heaven/closest to hell, the kids are in danger.. the babies have original sin, walt is a bastard, etc... the island is a kind of purgatory, where whatever happens on the island determines where you go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

loon wrote:
    they want the kids to save them... as it is the island closest to heaven/closest to hell, the kids are in danger.. the babies have original sin, walt is a bastard, etc... the island is a kind of purgatory, where whatever happens on the island determines where you go...

that purgtory theory has been around since day 1 and although i don't dismiss it, i think that the em filed theory has weight and this refutes the purgatory theory, also i think the writers are exploring many realms of pseudo science or the possiblilty of futures sciences hence their much publicised comment
    'everything can be explained with something founded in scientific study'

however there have been many religous references and symbols (which seem to me to suggest birth death rebirth and possibly revolution, as a means of saying methaphorically that the island is going through some kinda reformation of biblical proportions) but who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

loon wrote:

Although there are lots of religous references in Lost that seem to back this up (especially in "Fire+Water" and Goodwin's reference to "good people"), the Purgatory theory has been dismissed by JJ Abrams himself here.

It would also be a crap way to end the series: in the last episode, would we have St. Jack ascending into the fluffy clouds of heaven, while Sawyer is dragged down to hell to be violated by demons with red-hot pitchforks for all eternity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

will people stop dismissng any theory related to the characters all being dead.. so far we have said that they are not in purgatory aka the cathoic version... i'm still refering to the island closest to heaven/closest to hell, which is the island where lost souls go to make their final choice... good or evil. this comes up a lot in buddhism and other such located religions..

any more dismissals and i'll blab how
    sawyer dies

Advertisement