Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildlife Docs

Options
  • 27-02-2006 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Watching a show about Lions and how they are brought up the other day. In this one, it showed a cub be trampled by a buffalo, leaving it with its hind legs broken, and was left behind by the pride once it was seen by 2 lioness' that he wouldnt make it.

Now, the question i ask is this - would the camera crew, if it was a live one rather than a few weel placed set up cameras, have taken this cub and and have him rehabilitated or even put down? Or would they have left him for dead, as this was a natural death (in so far as hunting accidents can be natural for predators)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would imagine that they would leave nature to take its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I guess it depends on the individual camera team, i remember the clip of the flamingo saved by the team on one of David Attenboroughs shows and shown after the closing credits.

Advertisement