Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pizza Place.

Options
  • 27-02-2006 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Anyone know if the new pizza place on the main street is open yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Yeah, opened last week. Mixed reports on it but I suppose it's early days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Cool, Thanks. Might give it a try during the week. Don't suppose you have a phone number? I presume they have an alcohol license?;)

Don't have a number, friends tried calling it last Friday for a couple of hours without reply..................They do have a wine permit, not sure about spirits/beer. As far as I know, it's the same people who run 'Bels'. I heard that Fusion has now gone, wonder what it will be replaced with ?.

As long as they have red wine I'm happy. :p
    Fusion didn't last long! Hopefully they'll open somewhere that the food is fab, service is great and the bill is cheap. :rolleyes:

The new one above the Burnaby is an Asian themed place too. IMO these never work. Better to concentrate on a particular type, Thai, Chinese etc. Greystones could really do with a Thai restaurant. Would do well I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Asian place in the vevay in bray is lovely, great menu, lovely food and brilliant service.

Jeeze, I never even knew there was a place above the Burnaby. That's another one to add to my list! Is it any good?

I was in the Burnaby yesterday and heard them say that it is opening today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Joliegood wrote:
    Don't have a number, friends tried calling it last Friday for a couple of hours without reply..................They do have a wine permit, not sure about spirits/beer. As far as I know, it's the same people who run 'Bels'. I heard that Fusion has now gone, wonder what it will be replaced with ?.
    Yeah its owned by the same guy as Bels its not exactly a pizzeria it does all italian food-similar to Vino Pasta and is bigger than it looks -was down last night -pretty good and extremely reasonable-
    Also Fusion is gone with massive debts- most restaurants that open now adays only last 12 months usually because of cash flow problems the first 12 months are always operated at a big loss and require big cash reserves unless they are part of an established chain such is the competition in the market .Most financial institutions will not lend finance for Restaurants at this stage unles you are already successfully established already.Can see the one over the Burnaby lasting backed by big guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys check out www.letseatin.ie, 1890471111

they deliver lovely food and they do deliver to charlesland.its a 4euro deivery charge but well worth the money and the wait.
    they do italian, indian,thai and chinese all in the one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Speaking of new restaurants, anyone tried Three Q's, formerly Baker J's? Apparently it's open in the evenings?

Regarding Fusion, I think it might be owned by the same people who own the Lemongrass chain so maybe they'll open a branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Letseatin is excellent

er, is letseatin paying people to post about how great they are? there seem to be plugs for them popping up everywhere!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Nope, they're just tasty :) Had their grub last night actually - the chinese taster platter is recommended :)

in fairness the menu looks great. Do they take long to deliver?

GAN wrote:
    er, is letseatin paying people to post about how great they are? there seem to be plugs for them popping up everywhere!!! :rolleyes:
    no people are talking from experience.well i am posting as its my dads place.but its good food thats why they are posting or they wouldnot be posting good comments:D

anyway give it a try and see for yourself.

www.letseatin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

GAN wrote:
    in fairness the menu looks great. Do they take long to deliver?

They can do - we were waiting about an hour and 15 minutes for two cold and overpriced (in my opinion) pizzas. When the food does arrive on time it is very nice, but again, it is close to restaurant prices so it should be good.

eoin_s wrote:
    They can do - we were waiting about an hour and 15 minutes for two cold and overpriced (in my opinion) pizzas. When the food does arrive on time it is very nice, but again, it is close to restaurant prices so it should be good.

yeah for a delivery going that far youcannot expect a 100% hot meal.no restaurant or takeaway can guarntee that.but the pizza should have been hot as we use hot bags which are given to the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

why order from a takeaway that's in Shankill if you live in Greystones? Royal Park and Indian Spice are both excellent and just up the road. Just my opinion of course...

loyatemu wrote:
    why order from a takeaway that's in Shankill if you live in Greystones? Royal Park and Indian Spice are both excellent and just up the road. Just my opinion of course...

yes you are right , but if someone wants good quality.also prices are not bad compared to other takeaways.as we are 100% sure our chicken is pure and not full of water or other crap that goes in it.also our beef is 100%irish unlike others.if you are in the catering trade then you might know exactly what im talking about.

also all our food is cooked on the premeises unlike other takeaways and even restaurants.im just trying to prove my point and this is my own opinion

thanks

• Advertisement

OK - that's more than enough plugs.

eoin_s wrote:
    OK - that's more than enough plugs.
    what do you mean by that?

drdre wrote:
    what do you mean by that?

I mean enough advertising your dad's company, you are on boards.ie long enough to know the rules.

eoin_s wrote:
    I mean enough advertising your dad's company, you are on boards.ie long enough to know the rules.
    no im not advertising im trying to prove a point, and its my own opinion.
    sorry if i am not allowed to express my own opinion.:mad:

in fairness to Eoin, I think he's right -- of course you're entitled to your own opinion but i think you've more than got your point across!!

drdre wrote:
    no im not advertising im trying to prove a point, and its my own opinion.
    sorry if i am not allowed to express my own opinion.:mad:

You can do all the angry face icons you want, enough said about the place already.

eoin_s wrote:
    You can do all the angry face icons you want, enough said about the place already.

Ok i will be happy instead of sad:D

drdre wrote:
    Ok i will be happy instead of sad:D

Now, isn't that much better!

Advertisement