Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Compressor

Options
  • 27-02-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aldi Compressor[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys/productnl_91.html
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyone buy one of these compressor's last time they were around in ALDI ?

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thinking of getting one to paint the new pad if I have positive feedback[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paint jars seem a bit on the small side?? but then any bigger might be too heavy if using for a period of time ?? experienced opinions please....

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]here's the blurb..
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]====================

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This comprehensive kit will make light work of spray painting, tyre inflating, paddling pool inflation and more - it will work well, for example, with our Air Chisel, Nail Gun and Wrench Kit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    • Fully automatic STOP/START control
    • 2 HP
    • 230 volt motor
    • Air displacement: 210 litres/minute
    • Max. working pressure: 8 bar (120psi)
    • Long life oil-lubricated compressor pump
    • Air outlet pressure regulated with 2 gauges
    • Accessory kit includes: gravity feed spray gun, tyre inflator, long nozzle sprayer/paraffin gun, blow gun, 8-piece inflator/deflator set for footballs, lilos, inflatable boats, etc
    • 10-metre air hose
    • Quick-release couplings
    • Airbrush kit includes: airbrush, 60cc and 22cc paint jars, 1.5 metre air hose and regulator adaptor
    • IP44 rating
    • Conforms to ROHS[/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Yeah got one. V handy. Used it for painting kitchen cabinets. Takes a little time to get the knack of, but worked a treat. Have used for airline as well, to date no problems - recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm thinking of getting this and the nail gun that goes with it.

Would this be suitable for painting pebble-dashed exterior walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Nail gun is really a tack gun, 18 gauge is only suitable for nailing up skirting and architrave etc.

hey CJ - thats exactly what I want it for - a 2nd fixing gun. I have a cordless nail gun at the moment but it leaves 30mm nails a little proud of the surface so I have to punch them in afterwards. the aldi gun can take 50mm nails which is plenty though I'd still only probably use 35mm nails Only downside is it won't be as versatile as the cordless, but if I can use it to paint the outside of my house with relative ease then its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

I think it would take a life time to paint the outside of the house with it - we used it for chairs and bits and pieces like that, also used the nailer, does the job.

• Advertisement

mmm, thanks towbar - sounds like the sprayer is a bit mickey mouse-ish then? I'd have thought that with a max of 8 bar pressure it could belt out the paint, but are you saying that it only sprays out a fairly fine/narrow spray at a slow enough pace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭tribesman

You'd be constantly filling up the little hopper with paint if you tried to use that sprayer for painting walls. For masonry painting you need a sprayer like the one below

http://www.gleempaint.com/wag91twinstr.html

This will suck the paint from the bucket. i.e not gravity fed

thanks tribesman - reckon I'll give this a miss so and just hire something like what you suggested when the time comes for painting the masonry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

Thanks for the feedback folks,

will be giving it a miss - might look into one of those auto feed rollers instead

any idea what the proper name for these is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

qazxsw wrote:
    might look into one of those auto feed rollers instead

any idea what the proper name for these is ?

TROUBLE!! or at least thats my experience. Maybe user error but you use alot of paint to get it setup so not suitable for small areas or where you intend changing colour alot and after a few uses possibly because I didnt keep it clean enough it started pushing paint out at the roller bearing.... very messy job. I think its hard to beat a roller with a long handle....

FrankGrimes as Tribesmand said Aldi sprayer only holds about half a litre if even that but it is great for furniture etc and the nailer worked well the few jobs I've done with it not to mention all the wheel pumping for me and the neighbours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement