Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100 funniest moments..the winner

• 27-02-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the end of channel 4's 100 funniest moments last night? I watched up til 11..what won?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Peter Kay Stand-up,

Not my fav comedien but its so hard to pick a no.1 out of the top ten as each entry can be judged on different merits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm glad he won, he's a legend.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Lump wrote:
    I'm glad he won, he's a legend.

John
    :rolleyes:

he's beyond bland. It was a relatively good program, but Peter Kay... family entertainment at it worst, its like Jim Davison or Bruce Forsyth.

Dead Ringers is great, when he pretends to be famous ppl in public.

Parkinson at the bus stop was so funny i squeezed myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

^ Ewww.

Anyway, I saw Curb Your Enthusiasm was on it, but was any Arrested Development?

Chicken dance! COCKA-COCKA-COCKA-COHH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If he got #1 then 2-100 must have been a right load of rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

the star wars kid came in around 80. that is quality.

google star wars kid if you dont know what im talking about

or go here

http://www.screamingpickle.com/humor/legends/StarWarsKid/video_nolinking/StarWarsKid-DJM_v.wmv

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

he's beyond bland. It was a relatively good program, but Peter Kay... family entertainment at it worst, its like Jim Davison or Bruce Forsyth.

I don't know what show it was, but anything I've seen him in is great.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

He's good at what he does - standup that anyone can appreciate and enjoy (Phoenix Nights is hilarious). But it's obviously going to be a bigger vote grabber than someone like Chris Morris whose appeal is more ... "limited" & whose comedy can be more acerbic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Does anybody know when/If it will be repeated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

thought this was a great programme, nice way to kill a few hours and have some giggles. surprised the office wasn't on it, or the simpsons, family guy, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

I'm very surprised Peter Kay won...i don't find him funny at all. From the ones i saw, there was a lot of channel 4 bias. I saw a Beatles About sketch about an alien landing in a woman's garden. She fell for it, absolutely hilarious telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I enjoyed this immensely...it had the added bonus of showing me all the "best" bits of reality TV from the past 5 yrs without me ever having to actually subject myself to the dross.
    Hell it was worth watching for Sam Fox in her cape (literally) in Bar Wars and at the Brits with Mick Fleetwood alone....oh and for that eccentric English family with the huge house and no money (I nearly cracked up when she threw the kids telly in the lake :D )

ateam wrote:
    I'm very surprised Peter Kay won...i don't find him funny at all. From the ones i saw, there was a lot of channel 4 bias. I saw a Beatles About sketch about an alien landing in a woman's garden. She fell for it, absolutely hilarious telly.

I think you need to be english to get the jokes.... well a lot of them. Or watch the programme a few times :) Since it was voted for by english people :)

John

nachos wrote:
    thought this was a great programme, nice way to kill a few hours and have some giggles. surprised the office wasn't on it, or the simpsons, family guy, etc

THE 100 GREATEST FUNNY MOMENTS

We all love an iconic laugh-out-loud TV moment, but forget those tired old scenes you've seen a million times from sitcoms and sketch shows, what we really love are those slip-ups, laughs, gaffes and forgotten gags which come from a diverse range of places; from chat-shows to hidden camera stunts, internet viral attachments to stand-up comedy spots, the controversial, unexpected and often unintentionally funny moments.
    These are the rare gems which you've heard about but aren't sure ever really happened and the simply legendary moments which are crying out to be seen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 baller4life

Why did they call it moments, when a lot of them were a number of different clips from one particular show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

He's good at what he does - standup that anyone can appreciate and enjoy (Phoenix Nights is hilarious). But it's obviously going to be a bigger vote grabber than someone like Chris Morris whose appeal is more ... "limited" & whose comedy can be more acerbic
    The paedophile epispode of Brass Eye was no.2 or 3 which is some consolation. Shocked to see that the office wasn't at the top as it usually is in these types of shows.

Advertisement