Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless headphones

• 27-02-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to buy a pair of cordless headphone for use with TV and my PC. Does anyone have any particular brands or models they can recommend?

Dixons sell the Phillips SBC HC8520 for 75 euro. Has anyone tried these?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

You can get the sennheiser rs120,130's in argos for close to 100. I think.

I have the rs120's very good, good reception and good sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Cheers for that.

Potentially stupid question, but when you plug the audio jack into the headphones socket of your TV, presumably the TV speakers turn off, regardless of whether the headphones are on or not, right?

The guy in Dixons tried to convince me that when you turn off the headphones, the TV speakers come back on - but AFAIK regular jack sockets have a mechanical switch which typically isolates the speakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Once you plug in the jack the speakers should turn off automatically. Can't see how this would change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

I am interested in getting a similar set of headphones. ASFAIK you can actually have the speakers and the headphones operating at the same time. This allows someone who is deafish (like me) to use the headphones while at the same time the rest of the family can have the speakers turned down. Am I correct in this does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I have a set of Amphony H1000 cordless 2.4GHZ but they also have a 5.8GHZ model, got them in the states don't know about availability in IRL though. One thing you got to watch is the frequency. We have 2.4GHZ phone and when ever the phone rings it cuts in on the headphones and vica versa. Otherwise I would recommend them

• Advertisement
Advertisement