Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel Mode

Options
  • 27-02-2006 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

A friends kid wend out and brought a game on Saturday and brought it home to play on their lap top. But it didn't work as it uses something called pixel mode.

Can some one point me in the right direction to get the relevant software to play 'pixel mode' games.

Thanks,

Phil

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pixel mode doesnt sound familiar, but Pixel shaders are used by the more modern graphics cards. basically it can do things like facial hair, grain on wood, the rough effect on stone etc...without actually using alot of resources....or at least thats what i think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Thanks.

The game is Call of Duty 2. If that helps any one shed some light.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

any idea what sort of graphics card is on the computer?

since its a laptop, you might be out of luck, as they, generally, dont have graphics cards capable of playing most of the latest games, unless you specify what card you want.

its a Mobile Intel 915GM.

Now I don't know much, but that doesn't fill me with hope to be able to play this game.

I guess update graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i would seriously doubt cod2 playing on that graphics card and even if it did it would be like a slideshow
    u cant update graphics cards in laptops either only in the really expenisve models

• Advertisement

well I broke the news to the poor guy. He was gutted.

Thanks for your help though guys.

Pip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yep, that integrated graphics card wouldn't be able for COD2...

Advertisement