Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falconry

Options
  • 27-02-2006 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Are there any enthusiasts of this sport on these boards?

I have a personal interest in falconry but have so far not been able to realise my dream of owning a bird - given the restrictions incumbent to living in rented accommodation in the middle of suburbia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

hi rob, the laws regarding ownership of such birds are very strict in this country, the birds are hard to get, not much space is needed to keep a bird of prey but what is needee is a lot of land to fly your bird on and the conviction and stamina to do it every day if you want to keep your bird fit enough to hunt! there is also the tedious task of weighing everything your bird eats and weighing the bird before and after feeding and knowing its "flying weight" If you dont know this and dont weigh the bird and its food you will stand looking at a bird costing from 500 to 10,000 flying off into the sunset never to return. what you should be doing is talking to falconers in england and try going to some game fairs over there and hopefully you will get out for some hunting with one of them, in my experience the uk falconry members are much more helpful and willing to share their knowledge than the armchair falconers we have here who prefer to tell stories about hunting than actually hunt!!! Good luck! hope you find something helpful in here!

any other falconers on here???

there is another forum called the international falconary forum for anyone interested in learning about falconary, check it out and let me know how you get on....

Advertisement