Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom deal?

• 27-02-2006 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

36 euro for line rental ie phone line .plus the broadband.
    im paying 35 anyways with ntl.just for the 2meg. plus line rental off eircom plus euphany for calls.
    so id be saving ,or would i? as all these hidden charges always pop up sooner or later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

'Eircom' and 'deal' are two words that don't normally go in a sentence together. Is this some new offer, I can't find it on Eircom's site? Is it a promotional price for a short time period?

Anyway, since most people seem to recommend NTL if available I'd say stick with what you have, unless it's giving you all kinds of trouble. Eircom broadband is just about the most expensive broadband option available in Ireland (possibly Europe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭irishboy21

the missus heard it on the radio this morning,
    i rang and left a message and they are going to get back to me bout it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Euphony are a dodgy company too.
    I had to leave them due to them doublecharging for calls.
    This went on for about 4 months.
    When I went to try and sort the matter out they would stated that they could only speak to the exact account holder in this case happened to be dead for over 3 years.
    The account was never changed over in name.
    I tried to explain to them the situation but they insisted they could only speak to the account holder despite the fact I had been paying the bills for the last 3 years.
    They are imbaciles of the highest order.
    They have stopped sending me bills now but I have no intention of paying them after the hassle they have put me through.
    I'd advise any Euphony customers to double check their bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

irishboy21 wrote:
    36 euro for line rental ie phone line .plus the broadband.
    im paying 35 anyways with ntl.just for the 2meg. plus line rental off eircom plus euphany for calls.
    so id be saving ,or would i? as all these hidden charges always pop up sooner or later.
    She probably heard an ad for their talktime off peak - €34.99p/m including line rental and unlimited off peak calls. 2meg BB will cost you €39.99 on top of that. As said already, they;re the dearest of the lot.
    You can get 2meg BT BB incl.line rental for €40 and an extra €17 - €18 for their call package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

NTL 2meg is 29.99 now isn't it? Maybe look at http://www.blueface.ie for VOIP and you'll save even more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement