Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for actors?where?

• 27-02-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I'm currently working on a production thesis at DCU, of which a short film is one part.

We are looking for two male actors to play the lead roles in our production. The male roles require actors who have a playing range in the mid to late twenties and who are available to start production soon.

Further to putting it on boards, I like some advice about where to put posters regarding the above? I was thinking filmbase etc, but I'm not sure where would be best.

So

(a) If anyone is interested, contact me at brian.mcdonald6@mail.dcu.ie
    (b) Where should i advertise it?

Cheers

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Contact DCU Drama Soc perhaps? I'm not sure what level you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

halenger wrote:
    Contact DCU Drama Soc perhaps? I'm not sure what level you're looking for.

We're looking for as good as we can get. Bad actors (like myself!) delivering terrible dialogue wont cut it. Hadn't really thought of Drama Soc cos we needed older looking guys. We may have one guy lined up though, a friend of a friend.

Still on the lookout though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well if you try places like The Attic Studio or maybe Irish Equity or some of the other sites, you should be able to get some pretty decent actors. And there are a few agencies that you can try, although a lot of the agencies look down on people making free or low budget films and aren't usually very helpful. Lisa Ricahrds is the only agency that comes to mind, but if I think of anymore, I'll add them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

Might be an idea to try your luck with some established pros - you may as well aim high, and you never know who might get hooked by your script and have a free weekend.

After that - loads of decent actors out there looking for breaks. Seen anyone else's short recently where you liked the performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

6ix wrote:
    I'm currently working on a production thesis at DCU, of which a short film is one part.

We are looking for two male actors to play the lead roles in our production. The male roles require actors who have a playing range in the mid to late twenties and who are available to start production soon.

Further to putting it on boards, I like some advice about where to put posters regarding the above? I was thinking filmbase etc, but I'm not sure where would be best.

So

(a) If anyone is interested, contact me at brian.mcdonald6@mail.dcu.ie
    (b) Where should i advertise it?

Cheers
    If you actually go into filmbase they have folders of actors CVs and headshots, thats exactly what you'll need. And yeah you can get some pro's cheaply Mick Lally did one of our shorts, and I believe Patrick Bergin stared in another

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Devinho

6ix wrote:
    Bad actors (like myself!) delivering terrible dialogue wont cut it.

Might be a good idea to write good dialogue too - there's only so much even a good actor can do with terrible dialogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Dialogue is ok, just getting someone to act properly is the problem. We're getting there though. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement