Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass panels with adjustable transparency

Options
  • 27-02-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Dear all, on about the house, a long time ago, when they were doing the Christna Noble house in Tallaght, They had a window made using a basic LCD that could be switched on or off to give adjustable transparency,
    My question is where can I get this glass or at least more info?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi bofs,

There is a company called smart glass who do something like that. Its clear glass and when you hit a switch it becomes frosted. Im sure if you google the name you will get thwir website.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I remember a big company that I do some work for getting this kind of glass in a meeting room. I can't remember the exact price but it was very expensive, although they were large panes (i.e. a glass wall).

Advertisement