Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I would have serious doubts that Enda Duffy would be stupid enough to knowingly allow one of his representatives sabbotage HIS campaign by openly showing such pettiness towards the other candidates!

Although his campaigners are representing him, he cannot control their actions & should not have to completely jeopardise his campaign by announcing to all who can hear, an embarrassing situation that has been rectified for all entents & purposes.
    That'd be just plain stupid!

The matter has been rectified & Mr. Duffy has been duely punished for the actions of an ex- member of his team.

Leave it to rest.
    Most of us have over-zealous friends who act in what they consider our best interests from time to time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Pythia wrote:
    YFG aren't very involved in the Union. No one from committee is on the SU AFAIK.
    One guy from YFG was Deputy a few years ago, but he has since joined Labour.

Who's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The matter has been rectified & Mr. Duffy has been duely punished for the actions of an ex- member of his team.

Leave it to rest.
    Most of us have over-zealous friends who act in what they consider our best interests from time to time!
    Bingo.

Well that was one helluva palaver, wasn't it? Glad we got that cr*p outta the way...

Anyway, where was I... Oh yes.

VOTE DUFFY!:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i wish to clarify a point in my last post: i have no problem with any decision made by peachy with regard to locking or not locking threads about alleged SU electoral offenses.

my point was merely that this stuff will continue and I would hate to see it descend such that this stuff could no longer be discussed. if this were to happen it would be the warring parties fault, not whoever happens to impose such a rule. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Vainglory wrote:
    Who's that?

(cough) Ross Higgins (/cough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can anyone clarify how many posters were torn down? I have heard hundreds and I heard 2.

No official number has been given.

The person who tore them down claims it was in or around 60. Dan Hayden's team claim it was 250, which would leave them with 50 left...as I said already, anyone who thinks that Dan only has 50 posters up around campus at the moment is entirely out of their mind. There are 35 in the Arts block alone.

Of our posters, approximately 50 have been torn down. I've been trying to upload pictures but I don't know how to. Bird flu is making me stupid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

try putting them on your bebo... while it's still there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Red Alert wrote:
    i wish to clarify a point in my last post: i have no problem with any decision made by peachy with regard to locking or not locking threads about alleged SU electoral offenses.

my point was merely that this stuff will continue and I would hate to see it descend such that this stuff could no longer be discussed. if this were to happen it would be the warring parties fault, not whoever happens to impose such a rule. :)

Just wanted to comment on this. When I locked the thread my post said "I'm locking this until we know exactly what happened" purely to prevent out right attacks on enda duffy. I was then assured by singingstranger that everything he posted was what happened at that meeting. Therefore I opened the thread and edited my post.

Anyway, as I've said numerous times I have absolutely no problem with people discussing the elections....what I do have a problem with is attacks on those candidates involved.

Thats all.

Vainglory wrote:
    The person who tore them down claims it was in or around 60.

That WOMAN (not you) she said it was just two. That no good lying lefty! (even though she seems very nice)

• Advertisement

I don't know who would say it was just two because everyone on our team knows it was more than that. Apologies anyway. I've always been honest about the number (unlike people who claim 250). Heh.

Vainglory wrote:
    I don't know who would say it was just two because everyone on our team knows it was more than that. Apologies anyway. I've always been honest about the number (unlike people who claim 250). Heh.

No need for apologies it wasn't you who lied to me.

(Before anyone asks I can't give a link because this was in the real world)

By the way where is the L&H hustings on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You've caused enough trouble already...

Theatre Q. If you see the person who told you it was 2 posters will you point her out to me?

Vainglory wrote:
    Theatre Q. If you see the person who told you it was 2 posters will you point her out to me?

Lets just say you would know her already and she is on boards. Also see would be much more visable around campus recently.

Thank you for the info.

I really don't know who you mean. Can you PM?

Vainglory wrote:
    I really don't know who you mean. Can you PM?

I'm going to talk to her first.

Ok.

In an interesting development, I have just learned that Enda's poster in the Comp Sci building was ripped last night, and this is covered by the same CCTV as from last Thursday.

Wait..I think I know who you mean..and in fairness she isn't on the campaign team, she has her own campaign to run :)

• Advertisement

Vainglory wrote:
    Wait..I think I know who you mean..and in fairness she isn't on the campaign team, she has her own campaign to run :)

BINGO!!

She probably heard some of the mad rumours that are flying around. Anyone directly on our campaign team wouldn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I was postering today for world aid, and i just have to say it was really noticeable that there's hardly any posters for any of Presidential candidates around the Concourse, and that includes Enda Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

If we're talking about me, and I think we are, I'm faily sure that I said that as far as I knew at the time cctv footage had captured images of only two posters being ripped. Though it's quite likely that I was unclear on this point because it had nothing to do with my campaign and I've been incredibly tired and tending towards ramble-y incoherence when talking about anything not to do with my campaign of late.
    I have no recollection of the conversation, not to say it didn't happen, but as I say, I'm very tired.

Apologies none the less.

If we're talking about me, and I think we are, I'm faily sure that I said that as far as I knew at the time cctv footage had captured images of only two posters being ripped. Though it's quite likely that I was unclear on this point because it had nothing to do with my campaign and I've been incredibly tired and tending towards ramble-y incoherence when talking about anything not to do with my campaign of late.
    I have no recollection of the conversation, not to say it didn't happen, but as I say, I'm very tired.

Apologies none the less.

Apologies accepted. I was going to ask you earlier but you were in a hurry to go leafleting without leaflets. How was Earlsfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Red Alert wrote:
    [...] the behaviour of all three candidates now means that a fair and serious election can't take place. i propose that all three candidates would voluntarily stand down and we'd take it from last wednesday again.
    Don't get me wrong, the last thing I want to do is start wading through old ground again, but would somebody care to list whatever behaviour has been carried out on Team Órla that has been detrimental to the running of this election? As far as I can see it can only the one post from me on the "The Duff's Dirty Election Tactics" thread, which as was stated there, was laid out purely on an informational basis.

Advertisement