Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom in breach of DQ regulation/ComReg, where areth thou?

Options
  • 27-02-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Press Release for Comwreck.com
    February, 26th, 2006

"Dirty Finger Given to Consumers & ComReg"
    Eircom's Directory Enquiry Service operates in breach of all three regulatory obligations

We reveal and document how Eircom operates the 11811 and 11818 Directory Enquiry Services in direct, demonstrable breach of all three binding rules established by statuary body ComReg in August 2004 with regards to Directory Enquiry Services:

Eircom does not make callers to 11811 aware of the cost of "call connection" at the point of offering the service.
    Eircom refuses to send out written tariff information on its DQ services.
    Eircom advertises its DQ services in a massive telephone book ad campaign with total disregard to the ComReg direction.

All this happens right under the eyes of Communications Regulator ComReg.

We have asked Communications Minister Noel Dempsey and the members of the Oireachtas Committee on Communications to intervene.

Read – and listen – on http://www.comwreck.com/blog_49_feb.html
    P.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

also missing , presumed dead and putrified by now is the Vulnerable User Scheme that eircom introduced with collusion by Comreg to get the highest line rental on the planet into place 3 years back.

No tariff printed anywhere and their agents in Citywest know nowt about it if asked.

The committee should poke at that corpse with a long stick. Wonder who will fund Etains first movie ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

11850 do it as well. I have often used them and they never state the charges when they offer to put you through. Knowing the cost, I just hang up and wait for the text!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

BrianD wrote:
    11850 do it as well. I have often used them and they never state the charges when they offer to put you through. Knowing the cost, I just hang up and wait for the text!
    They give the charge before actually dialling you through though - the automated message yokey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

11850 appear to make it easy to find their pricing , slap in the middle of their main page on www.11850.ie and linkable

http://www.11850.ie/pricing.jsp

However I do not see the put through supplement in there , if there is a put through or connection supplement it should be detailed there.

In eircoms case you would go grey trying to find pricing on their website ....never mind link it anywhere afterwards .

Their wholesale rates are here ((pp 15 of 81 onwards and ex vat of course ) and throw up some gems like operator assisted call (as in 'operator can you put me thru to' , €4.60 ex vat wholesale per call .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Does anyone make operator calls these days? Like normal calls, not reverse charge and the like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement