Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilpers Wireless

Options
  • 27-02-2006 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story with the crappy connection in the arts block recently? It seems we cant get a connection in Theather L anymore and now I actually have to listen to the crap some of those talking people down the front of the big slanty classroom talk. Anyone know what the dealio is ?

me fail english? thats unpossible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

haha psych lecture yep had same problem!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

connections are sporadic in the eng building too, especially on the 2nd floor. not enough access points and too many people me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea I think they're running out of IP's to allocate. They're reconfiguring the network over the next few weeks so hopefully that will sort the prob.

Computer Services + Reconfigure = Yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

I went over to mention the problem to Computer Services, but the man was simply rude and said if i wasn't literally parked next door to one of their new fancy (and might I add metal) signs they couldn't provide support.

Dosen't help when you're trying to get notes when you're in L and M....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I dislike Computer Services strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You see, te people who work in Computer Services aren't actually from the planet Earth. They just stare blankly at you if you attempt to communicate with them, and obviously their own attempts are futile, given the fact that they speak a language that is just gibberish to anyone but their own species.

The best move is to avoid contact with all such beings entirely, and if you have problems with Computers, well...

...C'est la UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

But Justin is so nice... why are the rest of them deceptively smiley until you need help?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd have to agree that Computer Services are 'tards. It took 2 of them to do the 30 second job of registering my laptop on the network. Someday I'm gonna walk up there with a clue-by-four...

I wish i'd loaded Gentoo onto my D600 before I got it registered just to see would they know what it was running at all :)

EDIT: i'm really jealous of those with iBooks. wanna swap for a nice dell clunker RK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hell no :p
    *holds onto iBook for dear life*

Do install Linux on your Dell box though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

actually in theater L right now. Lecturer didnt show up and Im getting a very good connection right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

oh wait here she is and everyone is gone. This is awkward

i had to reimage the damn harddisk so it's all XP now, but i'll take an image of it with gentoo/linux and XP dual boot... at least i'll try to remember to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote:
    oh wait here she is and everyone is gone. This is awkward
    lol, I was there! :D That wasn't awkward, it was her fault :p

Advertisement