Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any experience with the Honda hrv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hi weeslip,

There was a 3dr HR-V in the family three years ago and there's a 5 door HR-V now. I have driven it a number of times and I would say the following

Pros:
    Nice Ride height for the city
    Handling is quite sharp
    Sufficent room in the front and back
    Control and layout is very good
    1.6 Engine is rock solid reliable
    Ecomony is about 30-35 mpg
    A/C, ABS and EBD as standard
    Funky looking
    On demand 4WD and it works! :)

Cons:
    There is no sunroof available in the Irish models only the japs got them and the model you have shown does not have a sunroof
    The 1.6 engine is a bit lack luster for overtaking you really have to push to go anywhere
    No as spacious as something like a real SUV

The HR-V is a funny cross between a SUV and Car. It tends more towards the car than SUV. However, in all the time we've had one it just keeps going. My Mum mainly drives it as she's not a "speed demon" and likes the ride height. My Dad likes to drive it as they live in the country it mucky and slippy roads and this is where the 4WD can come into play.

In November I was looking at buying one, but chose the CR-V instead, differene vehicle alright, but I just wanted more space.

Hope this helps.

On a long ride it can bounce a bit if there's no weight

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We had one at work last year, it was a 4WD 1.6 5 door model (the only one they do now) The main gripe was that the boot floor was really high, so the boot was quite low. the other problem was that it was quite heavy on petrol - and the interior is a bit 90's. On the plus side it is a hoot to drive, and should be massively reliable

Advertisement