Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

i-mate Jasjar any users? any reivews?

• 27-02-2006 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

hey lads saw one of these and fell in love i dont know why any one got any reivews on this what should i be spendin to get one? should i stay away from it is there anything better on the market?

philip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidk

I have one and if you can live with the size/weight, there's nothing like it. The K-Jam is a nice alternative if you want something a bit smaller but it's not as useful if you want a mini-laptop.

DK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

have i-mate made provision for updating it with AKU2 update(for use with Direct Push Technology) when it is launched next month?
    i know that O2 are launching the EXEC sometime in early summer which is the same device with AKU2 preloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

AKU2 will come with ROM updates, expected March actually. The Universal is the model name of this device, and it can be found as the O2 XDA Exec, i-Mate JasJar, T-Mobile MDA Pro, and QTek 9000.

There's tons of reviews available, I moderate here - http://www.4winmobile.com

The Wizard (XDA Mini-S, K-Jam, MDA Vario and QTek 9100) is a smaller device, be sure you are happy with the size of the universal before purchase as it's big and heavy, and quite expensive.

If you know anyone in the UK, you'd be better buying the O2 version and buying out the contract which will work out less expensive than the Expansys (Expensys) prices.

Good luck,
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Thanks for the quick reply can i ask are there app's on this to view attached word doc's or pdf's?

also is there word or word based app o it to write stuff on the go?

philip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

YEP, they come with Pocket Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Adobe offer a free Acrobat reader for PPC and it may come with another PDF reader called Clearvue, (Adobe's better though!)

You can check out the standard features by visiting www.pocketpc.com

cheerio
    Howard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I have the Qtek 8310, what's is also called imate sp5 sometimes.

Great piece of gadget with Windows Mobile 5.

The processor is 200 MHz, and you can use voip on it, via www.barablu.com or www.woize.com !!

Phenomenal! :)

Advertisement