Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyeliners!

• 27-02-2006 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok i've searched and searched but fail to find an eyeliner that doesnt leave me looking like a panda after a few hours of wear. even if i only put it on the top lid i always end up with beg circles under my eyes...help please!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

bourjois's liner stylo eyeliner is good, it doesnt wear off much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Eyeliner is for sluts.

1/ Pighead recommends MAC. the color "Teddy Bear" is nice and neutral for all skintones.

2-put it on after you put on your eyeshadow. Start from the inner eye straight to the outer, and do the whole line with one swipe.

Its a piece of piss and a little mascara with a neutral toned eyeshadow will make anyone's eyes look really fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I find liquid eyeliner stays on much better than pencil. Just harder to master!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Does anyone have any tips for greasy eyelids? I think this is the main cause of the smudging. I use teddybear too. Its lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Does anyone have any tips for greasy eyelids? I think this is the main cause of the smudging. I use teddybear too. Its lovely.

use a base like the one from benefit [think its called lemon-aid or something] or the one by clinique...they both work wonders! Also shelaq by benefit can be good for fixing makeup so it'll last longer... i've never used it for eyeliner tho so i'm not too sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You can use an eye primer if your eyes tend to be very greasy but try first a matte neutral (light beige) eyeshadow. The powder should help soak up any oils and give you a good base for your eyeshadow. The best waterproof/longlasting eyeliner, I think, is MAC's fluidline. Its a cream liner which you put on with a brush and once its dry its waterproof and will not smudge. And they come in loadsa colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I find patting pressed powder lightly over your eyelids works just as well as other anti-shine products for eyelids, cheaper too.
    I dont wear eyeliner too much, i prefer to lash on the mascara instead but i use Clinique pencil eyeliner in brown and stays all day and is smooth to apply. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Pighead wrote:
    Eyeliner is for sluts.

1/ Pighead recommends MAC. the color "Teddy Bear" is nice and neutral for all skintones.

2-put it on after you put on your eyeshadow. Start from the inner eye straight to the outer, and do the whole line with one swipe.

Its a piece of piss and a little mascara with a neutral toned eyeshadow will make anyone's eyes look really fantastic.

Your level of knowledge would suggest you are a slutty pig PH....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RoRoRo

Thanks a mil everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

RoRoRo wrote:
    Ok i've searched and searched but fail to find an eyeliner that doesnt leave me looking like a panda after a few hours of wear. even if i only put it on the top lid i always end up with beg circles under my eyes...help please!! :)

Funnily enough i got one about 2 weeks back from a little odds and ends shop in my town. it only cost me 2 Euro so i thought id give it a try. and Its bloody brilliant! i used to pay up to 6 quid (STERLING!) for my old bourjous i used to get back home but this one was for peanuts and is just as good- if not better!

Oh and the VERY FUNNY THING IS... when i looked a bit closer (this i only figured out the other day) I saw the words.. eyebrow pencil!

Lol i got a bit worried thinking it would effect/upset sensitive area around my eyes but it hasnt done any damage what so ever!

Only i could make that mistake im sure! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

RoRoRo wrote:
    Thanks a mil everyone!
    No problem sweetcheeks, Pighead aims to please.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Pighead never ceases to amaze me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

RoRoRo wrote:

Are u saying there's something wrong with panda's???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

If you get a lighter at the eyeliner and slightly melt it, it'll stay put longer apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EmBo

the crayon-type eyeliners are by far the best - they're easy to apply and you don't have to sharpen them. if you get the water-proof types they'll never come off! maybelline and loreal do good ones

Advertisement