Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little advice needed

Options
  • 27-02-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    This is not for me, I am posting it because of my mother. Anyway, she went into Home World or some place like that in Carrickmines. I think it was curtains she bought. Anyway they were the wrong size, so she brought them back. She had bought them last year. The woman said that they will not give a refund after 2 months. Saying that it does say it on the reciept. As far as I know once it says it on the reciept that is it. But just taught I would ask anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Seeing as there's nothing wrong/defective/unsuitable for purpose etc with the product (other than her getting the wrong size) she wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Bearing in mind the length of time passed also it makes it more difficult to push for a courtesy refund. I'd still try and speak to a manager and see if it's possible to at least get a credit note (presuming the curtains are still in new condition).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Bluehair wrote:
    Seeing as there's nothing wrong/defective/unsuitable for purpose etc with the product (other than her getting the wrong size) she wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Bearing in mind the length of time passed also it makes it more difficult to push for a courtesy refund. I'd still try and speak to a manager and see if it's possible to at least get a credit note (presuming the curtains are still in new condition).

Thanks for your reply. She did ask for a credit note, but the woman said that she would not give one. She was very ignorant towards my mother. Anyway thanks, I had a funny feeling that she would not get her money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Thanks for your reply. She did ask for a credit note, but the woman said that she would not give one. She was very ignorant towards my mother. Anyway thanks, I had a funny feeling that she would not get her money back.

Don't be put off so quickly. Pop in again and ask to see the manager. Explain the situation and that you understand you're not entitled to a refund but that for various reasons this is the earliest you've been able to get back to the store. Suggest that it would be customer orientated to allow return for a credit note since more business will come their way by doing so. Worth a try :)

Advertisement