Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart > boards.ie issues

• 27-02-2006 10:23pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I'm a new Smart customer, and one big issue I have is with connecting to boards.ie

Sometimes I can browse, but not post, other times I can not load images.

Tonight, I was getting "unable to connect to server" despite the fact it seems to work for others on different ISPs. So, the problem is my end, either with Smart, my PC (have disabled Firewall but little change), or the router (Aolynk DR814 ADSL2+ router).

Does any other boards.ie users with Smart BB have any problems?

I updated the firmware on the router also (Version: DR814V100DD028).

Any help appreciated :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I've been having very similar issues for the last couple of days but I'm on BT. Pages take forever to load, most of the sig images show a "red X" and regular "cannot find server" messages. Maybe it's a Boards issue.
    All other sites are fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i wouldn't bet my life on it but i'm almost sure its a boards issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm a Smart user and I never have any problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eth0_ wrote:
    I'm a Smart user and I never have any problems.

See Smart has brought peace and happiness to Etho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm having issues with boards tonight and I'm NTL. I'd say it's just a boards issue, everything else is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah right so. It seems that Eircom customers aren't having the same problems? Maybe changing my DNS server to Eircom's might fix this (I don't know if this is possible).

I've been having this problem on/off since Friday but it's at its worst tonight.

Funny enough, it's working OK now (albeit slow) so that means it mustn't be my router.

Most other websites load up fast enough, and IrishSpeedTest gives me full speed results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Boards has been dog slow for me on and off for about 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It wasn't working for me there earlier either (Smart customer), seems to be going now but it's so slooooooooooooooooow. But as already said, it's been bloody slow the past few days for me. Pages sometimes take forever to load up. Methinks it's more of a boards issue since my mate on NTL has the same problem (slowness, pages timing out etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

I know this is off topic, but i would be very grateful if someone could let me know if Xbox Live, specificely X360 live works on the Smart Network??

Might be a stupid question i know, sorry about it... but just want to 100% sure before i change!!

Cheers,

B.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I know this is off topic, but i would be very grateful if someone could let me know if Xbox Live, specificely X360 live works on the Smart Network??

Might be a stupid question i know, sorry about it... but just want to 100% sure before i change!!

Cheers,

B.

If you post here http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/ you might find some Smart customers who are using X360 live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

byte wrote:
    Ah right so. It seems that Eircom customers aren't having the same problems? Maybe changing my DNS server to Eircom's might fix this (I don't know if this is possible).

I've been having this problem on/off since Friday but it's at its worst tonight.

Funny enough, it's working OK now (albeit slow) so that means it mustn't be my router.

Most other websites load up fast enough, and IrishSpeedTest gives me full speed results.

with eircon and also been havin probs with boards loadin up:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

I'm with IBB and had the same problems last night. Must be then sth with the board itself.

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Cheers,

B.

Works fine with xbox 360

Advertisement