Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing/snowboarding this weekend in Spain.

Options
  • 27-02-2006 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm going skiing snowboarding for the first time this weekend. Just 2 days in La Molina, 3 hours from Barcelona.
    Anyone ever been there?
    Any tips for a begineer? (even the most basic tips are welcome here!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

#Elites wrote:
    dont do both, just one of them.

since its 2 days, you wont learn much.. so i would say do Skiis. its easer to learn in a small gap of time. With SB you want get it, and it will ruin the 2 days!

Don't aggree. I went snowboarding for the first time this Jan and feel pretty confident after it

First Day -
    morning learn to ride lesson - learned how to put gear on, get on and off lifts, how to lift from ground onto board, how to grow cross the slope, show how to turn

afternoon - practise all of the above, learned how to turn properly. result by the end of the first day was linking s turns (only in the last hour). Still wiping out horribly coming off lifts

evening - reflected over the days events over beers

Day 2 -
    morning - out by self, missed morning lessons. Hit the blue slopes, linked turns getting better, less falls more control. Less wiping out on lifts.

afternoon - level 2 lesson. Instructor accessed us on the bunny slopes. Off onto the blues, helped with out turning techniques, balance and stance. Lots of follow the leader games. Got to into wooded areas if we felt confident about it. At the end of the lesson we were all feeling pretty confident so the last run we took on the moguls (really cool run - there was a half pipe drop into them, of course everyone wiped out on that). The moguls made short work of me, wasn't the falling it was the getting back up on the board - I was just exhausted.

So all in all after two days I was comfortable on blues. If you want to go with snowboarding I would say that you should have no trouble doing it over two days.

Be prepaired to be sore after it, you will certainly have muscle pain and depending on the conditions you may or may not be sore from falling.

Advertisement