Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canvas rolls or bales and good supplies at good price

Options
  • 27-02-2006 11:38pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi i wonder does anyone know a good place to buy cotton duck in rolls or bales. would prefer if it not from an art shop they soooo expensive.
    other art materials also dammar varnish etc

My Tip
    buy gypsum plaster, turps and white spirit at hardware shops way cheaper than art shops.
    i only buy the really necessary stuff in art shops!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Not sure of the cost, but if you're in Dublin, there's a clothes/fabric shop that's just outside the Georges Arcade on the Grafton St. side. You'll see a sign for 'em!

Nine times outa ten I'd agree with you on the hardware shops, the exception being the art shop on Thomas St, it has to be the cheapest I've seen. Oh, and a 20% discount for students on Tuesdays.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

thats great to know will definitly try it and on a tuesday!!!!
    also the fabric shop will have a look when i in Dublin...

artieanna

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yup, the art shop is just down from NCAD, in an old bookies office, beside an internet cafe!

Advertisement