Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for some Cold for all (2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Before I hit the sack:

24_30.gif Tuesday 18:00

48_30.gif Wednesday 18:00

96_30.gif Friday 18:00

Sweet dreams:D

Pretty good chance of snow then for most on the 18z run for the next couple of days especially from tomorrow pm.

Earthman, someone from Bangor, County Down just had a hail shower that turned to 'heavy snow'...........game on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the Met Eireann 3 hour precipitation forecast shows "something" stretching all the way down into the northern half of leinster. I'm a lay person, though, so don't get too excited, I may be reading something into nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Me likey very much :p ........

uksnowrisk.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

We had a light dusting of snow overnight here in Co Fermanagh. Its just now started snowing again, though the flakes are very small.

:)

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

This I like :rart_06022818_2800.gif?5ecd366db6209c87a32c7901593f4973

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Firsttime poster (here) longtime reader.

http://www.met.ie/recentweather/

Clones, Malin Head and Knock - recent snow - I too am getting excited. Hopefully it will start to shift to the east soon

irish1 wrote:
    This I like :rart_06022818_2800.gif?5ecd366db6209c87a32c7901593f4973

Computer generated with little knowledgeable human input for Ireland so I wouldnt take it as gospel,though its nice.
    Today:
    Risk of lying snow: Ulster,North and West Connaught -locally a few inches.
    Risk of regular snow showers probably extending into North Leinster settling at times locally.

Elsewhere mainly dry and sunny with the odd snow flurry or rogue shower.

Risk extends further southwards tomorrow but the SouthEast is likely to remain dry unless something big passes through-chance of that is low at the moment but increases through the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Earthman wrote:
    Today:
    Risk of lying snow: Ulster,North and West Connaught -locally a few inches.
    Risk of regular snow showers probably extending into North Leinster settling at times locally.

I think this is true. I'm in Dublin, when I walked out this morning after 9, it was very still, the sun was out - and there was warmth off that sun, even though the air was very cold. If any snow does fall, or even settle in showers, it won't be long before it's taken care of after any sun reappears. Although since I've come in to college the wind has picked up a little bit, and it feels a lot colder, even in the sun.

That said, we have to get any showers first to see what'll happen, if anything..I don't think I've seen the sky so blue in a while!

• Advertisement

FI is crazy on the latest GFS charts, there is no end in sight for this cold spell, I reckon those charts have a snowball chance in hell of coming off though, pardon the pun :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

from inside it's a reall stunner of a day here in Blanch. The sun is shining and there's no wind. Of course when you go out it's a different story as it would freeze the ass off Satan himself. Do you think there's any chance that the Ireland game could be in jeapordy tomorrow?

Can't see Lansdowne getting enough to cancel the game, be lucky to get a few showers maybe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

things certainly dont look too threatening around here, wall to wall sunshine, nice crisp sunny day.

Well theres a light snow shower here at present! and its gone cloudy

Pretty impressive for a temp of 5c.
    The dewpoint is -3c though and rel humidity is 57%

The dryer air and low dp's favour snow which is why any system coming up from the south against that will cause snow for a time in places I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

We got a small amount of sleet about an hour ago, but now the sun is shining!

Big shower coming here. Will report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kaizer

Just keep gettin hail showers on east coast of antrim. They only last bout 2minutes then wall to wall sunshine. All the heavy showers are passin over the north and west..
    Maybe change tomoro when the wind swings north west

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Heavy hail with bits of snow mixed in :) But then again I'm on high ground and its 2am. :D

Now full on snow, coming down heavy enough too and wind picking up a lot. Not sticking though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

some light fluffy stuff in Blanch.

Just got a darn heavy snow shower. Looks like Dublin is getting a hammering just now:rolleyes:

Sure is getting hammered, what a pleasent sight :)

...its actually sticking now too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Just started, nice steady flakes here in St. Stephens Green

Met Eireann already wrong, typical;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And stopped. Damn and blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

1st Snow shower in Leopardstown just arrived:D :D

Weird, were all talking about the same shower:rolleyes:

easing off now here and the sun is trying to make an appearance :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

snowing quite heavily now in dublin city centre!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement