Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for some Cold for all (2)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

God those showers in the Irish sea are slow moving, if anyone is beneath em as/if they make landfall could be pretty fun :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

darkman2 wrote:
    I count 3 showers 'threatening' the coast. One heading stright for Dublin looks like a flurry. But with temps this low anything that falls from the sky should stick:) The other two have become moderate.

Yes and the two heavier ones are further south-maybe heading in to wicklow or wexford later... ponders...

BBC Wales news I saw now showed heavy snow in North wales again,it looked impressive.
    The Weather after that showed the feature we are talking about... sort of heading down the East coast into tomorrow evening.

Longfield wrote:
    God those showers in the Irish sea are slow moving, if anyone is beneath em as/if they make landfall could be pretty fun :)
    Yeah the two heavier ones have connected more or less.
    There may be a line forming later during the night-a shower train-as they seem to be getting stronger not weaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kaizer

hi - yer man on BBC weather said they keepin a close eye on devolpments in West Scotland pumpin showers into Northern Ireland tomorrow, they also showed snow showers down the whole east coast o Ireland,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Yep and were watching it too. This is what will happen tomorrow:D

24_30.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I see that band of showers off the North west coast of Scotland is getting heavier, turning a little pink and red now, and are there more showers forming off the east coast of Ireland?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/radar/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kaizer

I a bit OT but at the start of the weather forecast they showed Aberdeen and it looked a bit mad with a full blown blizzard

There will be widespread heavy snow for many tomorrow IMO particularly the North and East:D

yes there are more snow showers appearing in the Irish sea.
    The unfortunate thing is, the wind, though light is NW again.... bith here and in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

clouds to my east trying to push in:D like a shower cloud:D

Looks like its head for Howth;)

• Advertisement

clouds to my east trying to push in:D like a shower cloud:D

Looks like its head for Howth;)
    Do you think they'll be able to beat the 2mph West wind ?

reckon its over howth.. not headin here i dont think too far south but its drifitng inland for sure and looks decently sized;)

its certainly slowly moving closer and closer.. inching its way ashore:D ;)

Well folks I must bid you goodnight. Widespread heavy accumulating snow out of heavy prolonged showers tomorrow gradually pushing south:D

The showers seem to have got more plentifull.
    Theres a rake of small ones now from Louth south to Wexford, maybe between 20 to 30 miles off shore.
    They are nothing in comparison to whats off the coast of Scotland or down the north sea but maybe a dusting by morning or maybe they will grow further.
    The biggest cluster of them seems to be just east of mothman actually.

big cumulonimbus all up the coastline i reckon its 5km due east from
    here maybe less buts it really justing staying there

Guys,I'll start a new thread now.
    Perhaps ye could summarise when its started and I'll lock this one.

a shower is very close to here now.. the red anvils are getting very near!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement