Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for some Cold for all (2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Location Wind Weather Temp Humidity Rain Pressure
    Dir Speed(Kts) oC (%) (mm) (hPa)
    BELMULLET N 19 Gust 29 HAIL SHOWER 2 87 0.1 1016
    BIRR(P) W 05 - n/a - 0 99 0.0 1015
    CASEMENT W 13 FINE -2 96 Trace 1013
    CLAREMORRIS(A) W 06 - n/a - -1 99 0.0 1016
    CLONES(P) W 07 - n/a - -1 94 0.1 1013
    CORK AIRPORT W 08 FAIR -1 88 Trace 1017
    DUBLIN AIRPORT W 12 FINE -2 97 Trace 1013
    FINNER CAMP(A) N 08 - n/a - 1 n/a n/a 1014
    KILKENNY(P) NW 06 - n/a - -1 94 0.0 1015
    KNOCK AIRPORT NW 06 RAIN SHOWER -1 100 0.5 1016
    MALIN HEAD N 14 Gust 33 RECENT HAIL 2 85 Trace 1012
    MULLINGAR(P) W 08 - n/a - -1 96 0.0 1014
    ROCHES POINT(A) W 08 - n/a - 0 83 0.0 1016
    ROSSLARE W 09 FINE 0 86 Trace 1014
    SHANNON AIRPORT N 04 FAIR 0 82 Trace 1016
    VALENTIA S 02 RECENT SNOW 1 98 1.1 1018

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

would that be freezing rain in knock.

nice to valentia get snow. its a good omen, i can feel it in me waters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think we will need to progress another 18hrs before troughs may form..

Im watching later tonight..

Otherwise today.. pretty widespread convective showers of snow and hail:)

A cold -1c here this morning and the dusting from yesterday evenings showere is still on the ground.
    Showers *should* be as widespread as yesterday if not moreso.

dp -3c

Although i dont think im as optimistic.. the trough feature had NOT
    materialised...

Maybe the showers will become widespread but im not "that" sure;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Met Eireann forecast..
    Friday and Saturday will bring sunny spells, with showers of hail or snow. These could occur anywhere, but will be heaviest and most frequent in the north and west. All areas will be at risk from heavy or prolonged snow showers on Sunday. During the latter part of Sunday, into Sunday night, there is a possibility that heavy snowfall may be accompanied by strong winds, giving the potential for blizzard conditions.

Still a little way off, but seems as if they don't see that low bringing milder temps, at least for some of us!

Also, the chart for today :)

nat-today.gif

LookingFor wrote:
    Met Eireann forecast..

Still a little way off, but seems as if they don't see that low bringing milder temps, at least for some of us!

Also, the chart for today :)

nat-today.gif

Ha who'd believe the met!

That'll porobably turn out as wrong as the farming forecast...

Although i do hope im wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It's weird that Met have now ramped up for Sunday, thats very far off yet, very surprised they mentioned it. I just hoep for once they are right.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I swear I'm not jealous reading some of the reports on net-weather!!! :)

I wonder is this what Met are on about: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1144.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Just a shower sometime overnight here.

Was sunny but has clouded up in the last half hour.

Temp atm -1

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

irish1 wrote:
    I wonder is this what Met are on about: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1144.png

Im perplexed as to what met eireann are talking about. There is no event progged for Sunday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

darkman2 wrote:
    Im perplexed as to what met eireann are talking about. There is no event progged for Sunday:rolleyes:

GFS shows a low tracking across the southern half of ireland on Sunday. Metcheck, yesterday, was forecasting an awful lot of snow for Dublin on Sunday probably associated with the same low, although I see they're now saying it'll be rain (although still very cold..probably borderline).

kaizer wrote:
    At the end of the day the wind has now switched North Westerly till at least Saturday - Forget Eastern England Or Eastern Scotland -

WE have all the fun now - ALL of Ireland and Wales with the major snow now with a few showers cuttin into West Scotland and west England.

Enjoy!!!!!

Snow showers between Wednesday and Saturday. How often can we say that::rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Plenty of snow up here in Donegal.:D :D:D

Where abouts in Donegal is that homersimpson???

Can you give me an update on what its like up there this evening I might be heading to Donegal tomorrow, really appreciate an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Woke up to this sight this morning ..
    img18425tq.th.jpg

Fairly cold, and there was a very weird looking mist blowing in from the north, although it passed quickly enough. There was a flecks of snow falling when i took the photo, but the sun is breaking through and, most of has melted now.
    Very nice layer of snow up on Slieve Mish though. Heard on the radio that the Dingle road is very bad in places, and the Conor Pass is, impassable..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

once again woken up to dazzling sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, dont see today changing much where I live. Unless an easterly or a trough of snow moves in I wont be seeing any snow worthwhile here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

http://www.rte.ie/weather/
    check it out,everyones going to get some snow.hopefully,east hasnt had proper snow for maybe 5 years.little bits over the years but nothing over 0.5 of an inch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gonzo wrote:
    once again woken up to dazzling sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, dont see today changing much where I live. Unless an easterly or a trough of snow moves in I wont be seeing any snow worthwhile here.

Woke up to the same thing myself Gonzo, was hoping to see even a tiny sprinkling of snow, but no joy :( .

Whats the story with that trough feature off the East of Iceland that there was talk of yesterday? Is that a player or a lost cause??

Cheers.

• Advertisement

We should soon see more prolonged heavier showers getting into the north but the wind is more NW today so maybe the East coast wont do as well as yesterday:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

irish1 wrote:
    Where abouts in Donegal is that homersimpson???

Can you give me an update on what its like up there this evening I might be heading to Donegal tomorrow, really appreciate an update.

Will do mate no problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looking at the radar it looks like the showers are now staying even closer to the north and west coasts than they did yesterday, the showers currently are not making it past counties Galway, Mayo, Leitrim, Sligo, Donegal, Northern Ireland etc. Even since this morning they have retreated back more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I can just imagine the cold in those lovely Swilly buses from Buncrana. Was a nightmare driving up though - I thought it would be grand from Buncrana to Derry, but no such luck. Can't wait for this blooming weather to end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

yeah, up in donegal is covered in snow. all the schools are off. the lyit is open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

irishpal25 wrote:
    yeah, up in donegal is covered in snow. all the schools are off. the lyit is open though.

Magee is open too :(

I dont think its gonna happen for us today unfortunatley. The showers are not penetrating inland:(

Darkman2, I see the 06z doesn't look good at all, I can't see anyone in the East seeing anything, looks like I'm off to Donegal for my snow snaps.

• Advertisement

looks like a another non-event for us here i think... unless we get some form of easterly between now and the end of the cold snap or a very active snow front then were screwed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement