Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

dellas1979 wrote: »
    The thing is, the inevitable will happen for each single one of us one day, and we will find out. There probably never will be any concrete proof, so we'll just have to wait!
    The Movie Industry packages the Rubbish for us and it's
    entertainment and that's all it is .....but the real facts currently in the scientific domain are vastly un-commercial .They are difficult to make media out of i believe but
    it is there .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Theres been loads of paranormal related stuff happening in my family for generations now. I've been told that one night, me and my brother shared the same bedroom when we were younger and had bunkbeds and I slept at the bottom, but anyway one night he wasn't there and I had the room to myself and the next morning told my parents I saw legs come down from the top bunk - which I've absolutely no recollection of at all.

I was also told that when my Uncle was younger, he was in bed and some woman appeared next to him, kneeling down reading the bible. To which he turned around and said ''will ye ever **** off will ye'' hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FloralJeans

I don't know if you'd attribute these experiences to paranormal activity but I did have two strange experiences in my apartment in first year of college!

I'm from the north/west and myself and a friend bit the bullet and went down to Cork for college. We lived on campus accommodation with mostly other freshers and it was great craic but we did get lonely for home sometimes. One such night was a Thursday and everyone was heading out but we were totally broke so we headed to bed around eleven. I awoke a few hours later to a shadowy man standing above my bed staring down at me and got an awful fright, I yelped and went to push him away but my hands went through him and hit the wall and he disappeared. Now normally I'm an awful scaredy cat but I was totally unphased by this and turned over and went back to sleep.

Another night I had an awful fight with one of the girls I was living with and went to bed in really bad humour, the next morning I woke up and lay there with my eyes still closed feeling a bit down. The bed sank a bit beside me and I became aware of a girl lying beside me, she took my hand and her hair tickled my face and I felt very comforted thinking it was one of the other girls I was living with. Suddenly I became aware that my door was locked from the inside and there was no way anyone could be in my room, I sat bolt upright and opened my eyes to find nobody there and the feeling of a presence gone.

I was fully awake for both of these encounters and remember them vividly but I'm not sure I'd put them down to paranormal.. Probably just my mind trying to comfort me when I was feeling particularly lonely! The other girls did complain of weird vibes in the apartment but I'd put this down to boredom and good imaginations.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Another night I had an awful fight with one of the girls I was living with and went to bed in really bad humour, the next morning I woke up and lay there with my eyes still closed feeling a bit down. The bed sank a bit beside me and I became aware of a girl lying beside me, she took my hand and her hair tickled my face and I felt very comforted thinking it was one of the other girls I was living with. Suddenly I became aware that my door was locked from the inside and there was no way anyone could be in my room, I sat bolt upright and opened my eyes to find nobody there and the feeling of a presence gone.

I was fully awake for both of these encounters and remember them vividly but I'm not sure I'd put them down to paranormal.. Probably just my mind trying to comfort me when I was feeling particularly lonely! The other girls did complain of weird vibes in the apartment but I'd put this down to boredom and good imaginations.. ;)

Sounds like an angelic encounter, perhaps one of your guardian angels? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

First time was when I was a teenager I was lying in bed and I woke to feel a huge weight on my chest and I could not move. I then felt my my neck being strangled and could hear somebody whispering. Kill em Kill em Kill em.

I was paralysed and could not move. I then snapped out of being paralysed and sat up and felt an energy leaving the room. I was sitting there scared out of my mind for a split second and then the door lashed open and hit the end of my bed while I was sitting there. I then thought that it must have been somebody real in my room and went to check but all doors where sealed and nobody in the house.

Second time I got shoved while walking down the stairs. It was pressure at the lower end of my back.

My sister had experiences in the house also. From somebody sitting on the bed to shoes being moved under her pillow as she got ready to go out. She used to blame me and say I was messing if I was in the house but it was never me.

Third thing was not so much a Ghost but was weird. I dreamed about a close friend that I had not seen in years. It was a dream about walking through a field with them and them telling me that they where free. I woke very uneasy although the dream was not a bad one. Later that day I decided to contact the friend. His mother told me that he died the day before after a battle with cancer. I did not say anything to her as I was freaked out. I did tell her at a later date as I thought it would be a comfort to her.

• Advertisement

I would occasionally sit down with a pen and notepad and write down something that
    had come into my head i suppose as a way of making an idea clearer to me .
    One day i wrote about the process of the Soul exiting the body and as always i put a date on it .
    12+- months later i had a look randomly through this notebook and saw this entry which
    i had forgotten and then the date made me a little nervous .
    On that day my father had died many miles away but it was two months before i learned about it .I still have that notebook .True Story .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

paddyandy wrote: »
    Try utube life after death research stuff and forget the ghost stories of books .It's out there and it is'nt funny ......the fright without the laugh at the end of it ....and your favourite religious jokes will not seem so funny anymore .

any links??
    sounds intriguing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

i'm one of these people MAD to see or hear somethin 'quare' since i was a young un.......during daylight-then i cack myself at night in case my wish comes true :rolleyes:

massive regret i have is not writing down the grandparents experiences with 'knocks', banshees, lights and fairies.....some spine tingling stuff.

teeny thing i remember is going to an old shed with cousins in our youth-all of us getting freaked out (cant remember why), and then getting stuck in mud outside tryin to run away. everytime we shrieked 'we dont believe in ghosts!' (as you do when your 10:o) we got stuck even more!!!
    we were complete wrecks by the time we got home.

more recent...my other half's aunt died unexpectedly. when he called to her house the night she passed, he was looking at all the family pics around as you do. he was drawn to one of her high up on the wall behind a piano when the picture fell on its side as he looked at it-inside the frame iykwim. the frame didnt move but the pic inside did :eek:
    he has since rationalised it as coincidence....maybe so but i think its freaky....would love to know the significance...if any.

i'll shut up now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iamnotacrook

Hi All,

Like a few other people posting on here I am generally a pretty skeptical person but I have had a few freaky experiences aswell that I can't fully explain.

One was when I was in 1st year college.There was 8 of us in the house and we got to talking about paranormal/ghost stories one night. Me and my mate were skeptical and wanted to make our own Ouija board using a glass and writing the letters on pieces of paper around our sitting room table,but the others wouldn't let us.

After they had gone to bed my mate suggested to try something else that he had heard, that if you say the Hail Mary Prayer backwards into a mirror 3 times you were supposed to see the devils face in the mirror.

So we wrote down the prayer went into the bathroom and recited it but nothing happened and both of us went to bed.

The next evening we were sitting down watchin TV when there was a huge smash from the kitchen, both of us ran in and saw the glass that we were going to use for the Ouija in bits in the middle of the floor!!

There was no one in the house but us and glass had been left on the counter(not near the edge) form the night before.

Freaked us out and needless to say we didn't try the Hail Mary in the mirror thing again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I was in a shop yesterday where they swear things are moving on them. When they get in on a morning books and tables will be moved yet only two people have the keys and the place is alarmed at night. doo dee doo doo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

When I was in Canada I went to a big castle. There were two huge tunnels underneath it, I think they were 2km in length each and really dark,damp and narrow. This young lookin fella says "right off we go" there was a big group of people there so we assumed he was giving a tour or something so we followed. about halfway down the tunnel he disappeared. So we continue on for what seems like forever and when we finish someone asks the staff "hey where'd the tour guide go?" and the lad replies "tour guide? hey greg do we have a tour guide?" or something like that and we all look at each other like wtf? so there was something weird going on or the staff had pulled this craic a hundred times. When I was walking around I saw stuff move, and this time it was proper, I was looking straight at it and a candle and some jewellery moved around the table. Second time was a few years ago, I was coming home from a friend's house at night and I was on my own. I was going down a lane I walk all the time during the day but rarely on my own at night (it was in the middle of the countryside so it was like a bótharín instead of like a city alley) and I check over my shoulder, you know like is completely normal in a situation like this (stranger danger) and I see an old man hunched over and plodding veeerrrryyy slowly along the road. He was too far to see his face but he was typical aul fella, paddy cap, long coat, the works and is a few hundred metres away. No problem, I'll be home soon, and if he wants to attack me or something I'll easily outrun him. but each time I looked he was getting much closer to me, weeping angels style and eventually when he was right behind me I spun around getting ready to shout and... he's gone. I don't know why both stories were so similar but there you go. Sorry for dragging it out

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

When I was in Canada I went to a big castle. There were two huge tunnels underneath it, I think they were 2km in length each and really dark,damp and narrow. This young lookin fella says "right off we go" there was a big group of people there so we assumed he was giving a tour or something so we followed. about halfway down the tunnel he disappeared. So we continue on for what seems like forever and when we finish someone asks the staff "hey where'd the tour guide go?" and the lad replies "tour guide? hey greg do we have a tour guide?" or something like that and we all look at each other like wtf? so there was something weird going on or the staff had pulled this craic a hundred times. When I was walking around I saw stuff move, and this time it was proper, I was looking straight at it and a candle and some jewellery moved around the table.

That's really interesting, where's the castle? Do you know the name? I'd love to read up on its history! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

I don't really have an stories of anything happening to me that I would consider ghostly or spooky but I'll share three things I think are interesting, hopefully ye will too :)

A bit of context first; my grandfather, who I was close to and extremely fond of, died in December, the start of Christmas week and just before my birthday. My relations say they feel his presence a lot but my family haven't felt him much in my house. One night I was reading a national geographic magazine, my granda was a subscriber and used to pass them to me when he read them. I hadn't read any since he died and I was upset reading it, thinking of him, etc. The electricity in my house goes off, I don't think anything of it all, my dog is asleep at the end of the bed and isn't freaking like animals are supposed to :pac: I go out into the hall and look outside and see my house is the only one affected? Fair enough says I, it must be the fuse gone. Then I hear an noise in my room, like a stack of books or a pile of papers falling. The lights come back on. I'm starting to feel a bit funny. I go back into my room, where the pooch is still asleep on the bed and in the middle of the floor, all of the national geographic magazines have fallen. They had been in the middle of my desk, with the window closed and no draft was in the room. I think my granda came by to visit :) Apparently after loved ones pass, they try to communicate through electricity, or so my research tells me. We couldn't keep the house in light bulbs, over the space of six size weeks, 14 lightbulbs blew, 3 lamps, the outside security light and the cordless phone! The phone would also ring randomly at all hours of the day and night, just a few rings, then it would cut off. If you managed to pick it up when it was ringing, all there was at the other end of the line was just static-y type white noise like a fax coming through. Has anyone else experienced this, or something like this? :confused:

The next night, I was in my friends house and I was telling my two friends what had happened and they were comforting me. My friend's mum would be very into spiritualism and angels and she wanted to read my angel cards. I never had them read before but I was curious so I though, why not? :rolleyes:Anyway, she told me to shuffle through the cards when my hands were warm and keep someone or something that was bothering in my mind. Ok says I,obviously thinking about my granda, pulling out a card: Guardian Angel. Not sure what this means, if it means angels say my granda is my guardian angel, if it was a second visit from him, if there was remnants from the visit from the night before, I dunno. Very comforting anyway, even if I'm not religious! :)

The last thing I'll share, I was in work one night and one of my co-workers had to pick up a friend of a friend of a friend, as a favor to one of the friends. He never had met the person before but he was dropping her and her sister home. He said they seemed pleasant but a little quirky. He was chatting away to them for awhile when he realized only the sister was replying to him, the other girl was talking to someone else and getting upset. He asked her who he was talking to and she said there was a ghost sitting in the middle of the backseat and he was the child of the person he bought the car from. He asked her to repeat herself, and she further elaborated that he had died of leukemia when he was four and loved going in the car. Instead of moving onwards to whatever they may be, he choose to stay in the car. She also said he was very happy and not in any pain or turmoil. My co-worker dropped the girl off and asked the sister if she was having him on. The sister maintains that most of the women in their family had the gift, but she didn't. My co-worker was very shaken when he came back to work and bought a new car not long after that! :P

Anyway, sorry for the thesis, I don't post very often, only when I hear something/experience something good. :)

I saw too many Hammer Films as a child i 'm still nervous in a very dark room .I can't have coats hanging on the door because they look like cowled monks when i'm in bed .
    Disney is not good for small children at all .Kids want but they don't need that junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

aoife1991 wrote: »
    That's really interesting, where's the castle? Do you know the name? I'd love to read up on its history! :)

no but it should be super easy to find because it was a Spanish castle, with red tiles on the roof and those sandy coloured bricks. Also, I think it was in the Toronto area, it definitely was in that state

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dee12_7

Hi! :)
    I was just curious about if anybody has heard about a haunting in the north side of Cork City around the Mayfield area?My father had a ghostly experience there when he was younger and I wondered if anybody else heard anything related to it.
    He says that he and a friend were returning home at dusk and were walking down a country road there (apparently not far from where theres a grotto) and a woman wearing a long white coat was walking towards them with her head down.They didnt think anything of it and carried on towards her, but from behind the woman, a car emerged and the driver turned on their headlights to full beam.To avoid the headlights, my dad and his friend covered their eyes but when they looked up, the old woman had vansihed.He said that there were hedges and ditches on both sides of the road, so the lady had nowhere to turn off. Needless to say he was terrified and he said the hairs on the back of his neck felt like they were standing up!!He said then that he didint tell anybody about it when he returned home but after many years he overheard somebody else speaking about a similar experience and said she was know as Molly Bán. Can anybody shed light on the reason for this womans appearance or can anybody relate to this experience?Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreenLady

There's a female ghost at Sonairte - the ecology centre in Laytown. I've never seen her full on though I've caught her out of the corner of my eye and heard her footsteps. Others have seen her more clearly and say she's in Victorian maid servant's dress. She walks where the old stables were and in the offices which are in what would have been the hay loft above at any hour of the day or night.

Try the serious websites like dr. raymond moody and there are others even more scary to take the giggle out of your religious jokes .Buy some pampers or Huggies first . Boards.ie has a lot of Clowns on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭oakleafsfree

i do personally feel , there is something to all of the above. something does exist, but we, as humans will never have 'proof', as thats how its meant to be. yes i v had some experiences. but two come to mind. one was as achild. never spoken about, but years later, as adults, i tried to ask my sister if he could recall seeing it with me. she just barked at me really abruptly and asked me never to talk or ask of it again. the second one. myself and two friends, one male and female. we were very stoned, but chilled, happy, giggling. about 3 or 4 o clock in the morning.walking through a local park home, nothing but trees, grass all the usual paraphanalia in any park and lamposts. myself and my female friend, i l call her Jay, we were chuckling an flirting with our male friend, irish lad. i l call him the fitty , for this post. story short.... lamposts lit, spaced out regular, but otherwise dark winters night. i saw a figure lean out from behind lampost, i felt it didnt want to be seen and immeadiately leaned back behind lampost, then i saw it leap from one lampost to another, but stopping and leaning out, to see wether id seen it or not, or it knew id seen it, but was playing, then jay says...' are you seeing them too?' we promptly looked at each other then fell about laughing our heads off; whilst fitty irish lad, exasperated ' what did you see? wht are you both seeing? ' we just gave eachother a knowing look and laughed and flirted our way home. but myself and jay have shared the 'seeing' before on a few occasions. but she s like me. we know and acknowledged it, just never discussed and dissected in length etc. shes in the same school of thought as me. its a privelege. but ......shhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

i do personally feel , there is something to all of the above. something does exist, but we, as humans will never have 'proof', as thats how its meant to be. yes i v had some experiences. but two come to mind. one was as achild. never spoken about, but years later, as adults, i tried to ask my sister if he could recall seeing it with me. she just barked at me really abruptly and asked me never to talk or ask of it again. the second one. myself and two friends, one male and female.we were very stoned,

I was with you all the way up to that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Namle

I've had a few experiences but the most chilling was on holidays in France a few years ago. What made it more real was that it wasn't just me who had the experience.

We rented a country cottage for a holiday, about 20 minutes drive north of Nice in a small rural community. One evening, while eating dinner, a shadow of an old woman walked past me. I dismissed it thinking it was a combination of sun, wine and being tired. However the next morning I was woken up at sunrise by noise outside the bedroom window.The outside of the house was surrounded with gravel and it sounded like someone was walking or dragging something through the gravel. When i went to check there were no signs of anything in the gravel.

I dismissed the noise as me dreaming. Yet every morning at sunrise the same thing happened and after a few days my fiance asked me if i had heard someone outside in the garden early in the morning.

As luck would have it some friends were in the south of France at the same time. We invited them to visit and stay over in our cottage. They had a 1 year old who was the most placid child you could ever know. At sunrise she started to scream, cry and she was pointing at something. Needless to say we were all woken up but no matter what the parents did they couldn't calm the baby. When I think back I now remember the father of the baby couldn't get out of the cottage quick enough. It was as if the bedroom they were in was significant.

We stayed in the cottage for 2 weeks, we felt like we had company every evening and we heard an old woman get up at sunrise to start her working day. She wasn't angry that we were in her home, she was just being a mammy and getting on with her day. I wish I knew how to communicate with her. She's probably still stuck there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

Great thread, took me ages to read,
    Dont read late at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

aoife1991 wrote: »
    no but it should be super easy to find because it was a Spanish castle, with red tiles on the roof and those sandy coloured bricks. Also, I think it was in the Toronto area, it definitely was in that state

Is it Casa Loma? That has red roof tiles, tunnels underneath and is in Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Duncan Keegan

What a great thread. And great stories. It's strange how some places seem to just have something wrong with them.

Our parents used to take us to spend a few weeks on holidays up in Donegal when we were kids. They'd rent a grand old house out. This house had once belonged to a widow dowager, our father used to say.

We didn't know what a dowager was. But we did know that the house had a big staircase. Huge rooms. Lots of space to run about. Giant windows to let in the light. It was right across from the beach and a small playground. And when we first arrived we ran around like maniacs, roaring with joy. This place was amazing.It was perfect for a family like us.

Perfect...except that it was scariest place we ever stayed.

I remember one time in particular. I was about 9. I was alone in the house. Everyone else had gone across to the beach. But I'd wanted to stay because, on a trip to Derry city earlier that day, I'd been bought a comic and was too excited to wait until after dinner to read it. So I stayed, to sneak it out of the grocery bag it was in. I took it out carefully, and went to sit at the table in the dining room. The house was utterly silent.

I started to read. I was about a third of the way through when I noticed something. As I turned the page, I'd hear noises. From upstairs. Not just the sounds of an old house settling. These were more...deliberate. I'd turn the page. The sounds would come. Like footsteps. I'd turn another page. The sounds would come again. They'd seem to move. First, they seemed to come from one of the front rooms. Then, they seemed closer to the top of the stairs.

I closed the comic and stood up and walked briskly to put it back where I'd found it. I heard the tread on the stairs, and my stomach dropped. I was trying not to believe this was happening. I was trying not to break into a run. But I couldn't help myself. I rushed to the door. But it was so old, it needed to be turned a certain way before it'd open. And it wouldn't open. At this point, I was panicking. I swear, I thought I could hear something quickening its pace. It would soon be behind me.

And then..I got it. I heard that magic click, the door swung open...and I ran. No. I fled. Out into the evening sunlight, and the fresh air, out to where my brothers and sisters and parents and everyone else was. Away from that awful, presence-filled yet empty building.

That wasn't the only experience I had. And it wasn't just me who had things happen. Years later, my father (who was never one for this sort of thing) admitted he was always secretly relieved when he had to return to work - sometimes a whole week earlier than us. He wouldn't say anything more than that that house gave him the creeps. My mother could have killed him; she had hated being left alone with us there.

A good few years ago, we heard it had been bought and turned into a café. And that the staff thought it was haunted, with glasses getting knocked off trays and all kinds of odd occurrences.

It's amazing how these experiences stay with us. I'd wondered how many other people in Ireland have them. A lot, a guess, to judge by this thread. I've decided to set up a website - just for fun, no profit-motive - so there's somewhere else to read specifically Irish paranormal experiences on-line. So if anyone wants, they can have their own accounts posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

When I was small myself and my sister used play around an old house that was on our farm which was away from the main dwelling house . We used call it naturally enough and still do (( the old house)) .
    Anyway dad used store stuff in there so it was like a treasure trove to us as kids . Once when I was about 10 we were on an old swing by a tree near it . All of a sudden the dog started barking at something up by the house . It was about 3 in the summer and it was sunny so we were very brave and decided to go up and see what he was looking at .
    As we walked on the old path I could hear and I still hear it vividly is like an wheel barrow been wheeled over gravel . There was no gravel around the house . Off we went in to the house as the dog was growling now thinking it was a hen he was deciding he didn't like the look of .
    The house was made up of 3 rooms and the main door led into the kitchen and was smack in the middle of the room . I went first .
    On the left as I looked to my left I saw some old lady lying face down on the floor . After 25 + years I can still see it . A pink cardi or simething lying down on the floor between room 1 and the kitchen so u could only see the top part ..
    White hair curlyish. We ran screaming into our own house with the dog barking behind us . Well I ran . I didn't want to investigate any more my sis ran after me . Told my mother what we saw out the whole lot of us went again .
    Nothing there less than 5 min later . Front door shut . The door between room 1 and the kitchen was shut .
    Turns out that spot was where my granny died 20 years beforehand . She died sudden and it was her anniversary a day later .
    My man said a mass for her but we would never go into that house on our own after that and forget about going in after dark . There were other story's about the house mam told us after wards buts it's just a normal country farm house . Mam regards them as benign ghosts or as she sometimes says some history can replay things and u could be just tuned into that channel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

@Duncan - can you post the name of the site when you publish it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shikei

Made the mistake of starting to read this thread at night a few days ago and couldn't sleep until dawn! Been working my way through it in daylight since!

I've never seen a ghost and I'm glad for that, even though I take an interest in ghost stories. Our house is next door to a 17th century graveyard with the ruins of an old church and people often ask me am I not afraid living there, but to be honest I rarely think about it anymore, but I've never liked that end of the house as it's where the garage, attic door, and boiler room for the heating are and it's just generally not a nice place to be!

The one paranormal kind of experience that I've had that stands out did happen in the house, but I don't think it was because of the house itself, which is a 70s bungalow and as far as I know had only one previous owner. My grandad was ill and had come to live with us, my nana had died the year before and he'd been going steadily downhill ever since, it seemed like he didn't really have much joy in life anymore, and he was on a nebulator for his breathing and couldn't really leave the room, so we realised he probably hadn't long left. One night I was the last person to go to bed, as usual, but my grandad was still up, his room was just across from mine and as I went past I thought I really should have gone in and said goodnight to him, but I didn't. I went and got into bed but I didn't go to sleep right away, I was probably on my laptop or reading a book for a while but the house was quiet. About an hour later I heard the knocker on the front door tap three times. I knew about the stories of this happening the night someone dies and I got a fright, it was much too late for anyone to be coming visiting but I was hoping the door would knock again and that there would actually be someone there; we had a doorbell but it wasn't unusual for people not to be able to see it and to use the knocker instead. Nothing else happened, though, and I was afraid to go and check, so I tried to tell myself it might have been something else making that noise (couldn't think what else it might have been, though) and went to sleep.

This being the thread it is you won't be surprised to hear that my mum woke me up the next morning and said "I think your grandad's dead". I didn't want to believe it after what had happened the night before, I said "No, he can't be!" but sure enough he had died in his sleep :( We weren't really sure what time it happened at, this was about 9am and my dad had had to get up early for work and checked on him at aroun 6 or 7, but he had thought my grandad was asleep and couldn't say for certain if he was still breathing at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimmyjimmy123

God id say 11 years ago i was more or less a single dad with a the 7 year ole child,anyhow we decided we would get a cat for the house,now i wouldnt be the worlds number one cat lover,i hate them,anyhow my brother used to drop over for a chat.or few beers whatever..and at times id throw the cat out of the house and stuff for it to do what it had to do...the brother used to always say"that cats gona get pissed off with been fuked out,and its going to run away someday"and the brother would always laugh and say the same thing when he was over,anyhow the cat did run away,and the brother used to say"told you,he was always going to run away"...lol..anyhow id say a good 9 mths later life changed,my dear brother was killed in a traffic accident..the morning he was to get buried,there was a scratching on back door,when my daughter opened door the cat was back...ofcourse i didnt think anything as my head was in a mess..anyhow some weeks later i was in bed,daughter in next room and i always left my door slightly open,i was reading a book...next thing the cat pops into the room and jumps on bed,i didnt mind as i said id let her out when i finished reading.next thing the cat started to stare into the corner,then her head followed something right around the room,then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM..the cat went crazy,she stood up like she was after getting an electric shock,and was making a sound like she was in serious pain,so i jumped up and got her out of the room,my daughetr at this stage was awake,so she came in and climbed in beside me,both of us were awake when the cat came back into room,up onto bed again,and then both of us seen this,again the cat followed with her eyes something from corner of room,but this time she didnt go crazy,she just jumped onto floor and was acting as if she was collapsing,and she seemed like she was getting sick and fainting,and trying to make the door,anyhow i got her down stair,opened front door and out she went,and to this day i havnt seen her?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

God id say 11 years ago i was more or less a single dad with a the 7 year ole child,anyhow we decided we would get a cat for the house,now i wouldnt be the worlds number one cat lover,i hate them,anyhow my brother used to drop over for a chat.or few beers whatever..and at times id throw the cat out of the house and stuff for it to do what it had to do...the brother used to always say"that cats gona get pissed off with been fuked out,and its going to run away someday"and the brother would always laugh and say the same thing when he was over,anyhow the cat did run away,and the brother used to say"told you,he was always going to run away"...lol..anyhow id say a good 9 mths later life changed,my dear brother was killed in a traffic accident..the morning he was to get buried,there was a scratching on back door,when my daughter opened door the cat was back...ofcourse i didnt think anything as my head was in a mess..anyhow some weeks later i was in bed,daughter in next room and i always left my door slightly open,i was reading a book...next thing the cat pops into the room and jumps on bed,i didnt mind as i said id let her out when i finished reading.next thing the cat started to stare into the corner,then her head followed something right around the room,then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM..the cat went crazy,she stood up like she was after getting an electric shock,and was making a sound like she was in serious pain,so i jumped up and got her out of the room,my daughetr at this stage was awake,so she came in and climbed in beside me,both of us were awake when the cat came back into room,up onto bed again,and then both of us seen this,again the cat followed with her eyes something from corner of room,but this time she didnt go crazy,she just jumped onto floor and was acting as if she was collapsing,and she seemed like she was getting sick and fainting,and trying to make the door,anyhow i got her down stair,opened front door and out she went,and to this day i havnt seen her?

Serious question - was that cat that came back definitely the original? tagges etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I'll have to read all of these accounts some evening when I've time! Wow!

I haven't seen a ghost that I am aware of but it occured to me recently that maybe you could see one and not realise..perhas they can look corporeal too!

I've caught inexplicable scents at times, which concerned me a bit as that can be a symptom of mental illness too, but I know so many people who have experienced the same kind of thing and none of us have any mental illnesses. E.g the scent of roses.

I can think of a couple of places with a distinctly menacing 'atmosphere' to them, one of them is a friend's house and her dog reacted to something nobody could discern one night and backed up against the wall growling at 'nothing' . People have mentioned they felt they were being watched there too.

Advertisement