Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I haven't seen a ghost that I am aware of but it occurred to me recently that maybe you could see one and not realise..perhaps they can look corporeal too!

Yeah, when I saw my deceased nan years ago, she looked as solid as a brick. She was standing in the middle of the road and looked very much alive.

I know a woman who saw her deceased nan as well before and she said the same thing (she looked solid). I suppose they present themselves in that way so that you won't initially get the fright of your life and actually get a chance to look at them calmly.

I've caught inexplicable scents at times, which concerned me a bit as that can be a symptom of mental illness too, but I know so many people who have experienced the same kind of thing and none of us have any mental illnesses. E.g the scent of roses.

I've also picked up scents - almost always nice scents - over the years that I can't source.

One day, I was in a middle of a massive field with nothing but grass in it, e.g. no shrubbery, flowers, etc., and I suddenly got this overpowering scent that smelled like strawberries and roses. I just stood there taking in the scent and, about a minute later, the scent disappeared as quickly as it came. Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fujiguy

Hi, i consider myself a skeptic, mostly because my da was diagnosed with Bone marrow cancer in 2004, and he was a real oul dubliner with a great sense of humor. he was living with me in a flat because it was near the hospital ( he had kydney failure because of the cancer too ) anyway, he told me one night he would send back a very odd but unmissable message or some way of letting me know he was around me when he died. He died a month later.

8 years on and i have had no message or "feeling" from him.

To the story:

Yesterday i was in my bedroom, when i looked at the clock, it was 10:02 and knew i was late to pick my mother up from her sisters, so i grabbed my jacket, an empty mug ( to bring down ) and walked onto the landing at the top of the stairs, as i turned to look down to descend the stairs, i saw clearly a child of about 10/11 with his back to me go down the last step and step sideways into the living room. My nephew is 8 and lives here too, so i just said his name and then froze on the spot, as he answered me from the bedroom across from the landing ( up and straight ahead ) when i looked back down, the living room door was closed tight, and the light was off. I am 40 years old, and that is the first time i froze on the spot from fright. In a flash it dawned on me the house was getting robbed, i sprinted down the stairs and bolted in the door, turned the light on and sprinted through the kitchen, all windows locked from the inside, and i checked every single inch of the kitchen and living room, nothing. I just can not explain it. I did not imagine it, and there was defo nobody there...

As i said, im a skeptic, so i put it down to expecting to see my nephew or trick of the light, but i am finding it very hard to believe my own excuses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Fujiguy wrote: »
    Hi, i consider myself a skeptic, mostly because my da was diagnosed with Bone marrow cancer in 2004, and he was a real oul dubliner with a great sense of humor. he was living with me in a flat because it was near the hospital ( he had kydney failure because of the cancer too ) anyway, he told me one night he would send back a very odd but unmissable message or some way of letting me know he was around me when he died. He died a month later.

8 years on and i have had no message or "feeling" from him.

To the story:

Yesterday i was in my bedroom, when i looked at the clock, it was 10:02 and knew i was late to pick my mother up from her sisters, so i grabbed my jacket, an empty mug ( to bring down ) and walked onto the landing at the top of the stairs, as i turned to look down to descend the stairs, i saw clearly a child of about 10/11 with his back to me go down the last step and step sideways into the living room. My nephew is 8 and lives here too, so i just said his name and then froze on the spot, as he answered me from the bedroom across from the landing ( up and straight ahead ) when i looked back down, the living room door was closed tight, and the light was off. I am 40 years old, and that is the first time i froze on the spot from fright. In a flash it dawned on me the house was getting robbed, i sprinted down the stairs and bolted in the door, turned the light on and sprinted through the kitchen, all windows locked from the inside, and i checked every single inch of the kitchen and living room, nothing. I just can not explain it. I did not imagine it, and there was defo nobody there...

As i said, im a skeptic, so i put it down to expecting to see my nephew or trick of the light, but i am finding it very hard to believe my own excuses!!

The incident with the boy in your house sounds quite frightening. Have you tried re enacting it at the same time of the day/evening ..re trace your stes just in case it throws up some kind of clue? Although if you saw him so clearly it seems unlikely to have been a trick of the light/otical illusion. Very strange!

Sorry, 10:02..do you think tiredness could have had any bearing on it ? Hope you're not too shaken up by it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ro1976

I grew up in crumlin and had so many experiences I could go on all day. They were mainly tapping and scratching noises, loud bangs and doors and cupboards opening by themselves. It was really bad during my teens and to be honest I got quite used to it. The weirdest thing to happen was when I saw a hooded figure, like a monk standing in my neighbours back garden one night. It was theqe for hours and just stood still with folded arms. There was a night light so I could see it very clearly.
    My neighbour had died of cancer a few hours earlier.
    A few people have seen it at other times including my brother who has seen it standing on the neighbours shed more than once. Spooky but absolutely true.

ro1976 wrote: »
    I grew up in crumlin and had so many experiences I could go on all day. They were mainly tapping and scratching noises, loud bangs and doors and cupboards opening by themselves. It was really bad during my teens and to be honest I got quite used to it. The weirdest thing to happen was when I saw a hooded figure, like a monk standing in my neighbours back garden one night. It was theqe for hours and just stood still with folded arms. There was a night light so I could see it very clearly.
    My neighbour had died of cancer a few hours earlier.
    A few people have seen it at other times including my brother who has seen it standing on the neighbours shed more than once. Spooky but absolutely true.

Hi! Do you know of Paul Fennell? I read about your monk in his book, or one like your monk anyway..I think Paul grew up in the same area as you did and he tells a story in the book about a time when the monk was seen in his house. Good book actually , ''Haunted''.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

There is plenty out there to worry the atheists . Try Dr Raymond Moody (utube) and there are others too even much better .I have to have plenty of light in the room every night .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Great thread! But I wanted to comment on this post
    the cat went crazy,she stood up like she was after getting an electric shock,and was making a sound like she was in serious pain,so i jumped up and got her out of the room,my daughetr at this stage was awake,so she came in and climbed in beside me,both of us were awake when the cat came back into room,up onto bed again,and then both of us seen this,again the cat followed with her eyes something from corner of room,but this time she didnt go crazy,she just jumped onto floor and was acting as if she was collapsing,and she seemed like she was getting sick and fainting,and trying to make the door,anyhow i got her down stair,opened front door and out she went,and to this day i havnt seen her?

Your cat sounds like she had been injured or maybe ingested something she shouldn't have. Had you gotten her to a vet instead of putting her out she might have been ok. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, but I really think your cat was in need of a vet, not a exorcist.

My own experience isn't as dramatic as some here, but really scared me. A few years ago, when I had a "proper" job part of it involved interior surveys of buildings.

I went with a co-worker to survey an old property in Dublin, I don't remember exactly where, but around Stephens green/ Merrion area. An old terraced house with 3 floors and a basement if I remember correctly. We decided to split the floors, I was to do the top 2, B was to do the bottom 2. So I began my work on the first floor and could hear B on the floor below me, walking around, having a muffled conversation (on his mobile I assumed). Thinking nothing of it I continued, finished my survey of both floors and went downstairs to begin my drawings.

When I went down, I found B on the ground floor where I thought he had started, having heard him directly below me for the entire time I was on the first floor. When I asked if he had come across a problem or something that was holding him up, and did he need help with the basement, he told me that the basement was already done, he had done it first, but wanted to know why I spent so long wandering around the ground floor when I was supposed to be doing the upper floors. So while I was on the first floor, and he was in the basement, we were both listening to someone banging and talking from the ground floor in a closed building with only 2 of us in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

In my last house I noticed smells, it happened quite often....mainly pipe smoke, and there was nobody else there..... It still happens occasionally in my new house, my car and in houses I'm visiting, as if there is some unseen company travelling with me. It doesn't scare me but it makes me wonder. Someone suggested it could be a guardian angel. Had a lovely old great uncle who smoked a pipe, he died when I was 4 but I can remember him clearly. I'd like to think that it if there is anyone, it might be him. Anyone got any ideas??

mugbags wrote: »
    In my last house I noticed smells, it happened quite often....mainly pipe smoke, and there was nobody else there..... It still happens occasionally in my new house, my car and in houses I'm visiting, as if there is some unseen company travelling with me. It doesn't scare me but it makes me wonder. Someone suggested it could be a guardian angel. Had a lovely old great uncle who smoked a pipe, he died when I was 4 but I can remember him clearly. I'd like to think that it if there is anyone, it might be him. Anyone got any ideas??

Tbh, because the experience is so personal to you, only you can only really know for sure. I've never heard of a guardian angel emitting a smell like pipe smoke, though I've heard of relatives acting as guardian angels (who could carry that pipe smoke smell), which would make more sense in your case.

If you wanted to, you could always request a 'sign' from your uncle just before you go to bed to let you know in your dreams whether or not it's him who's with you. You never know what will crop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭s08t

Well I do believe in ghosts but am sceptic about some ghost stories ive heard than others. When I was growing up I lived in an old house with my parents and grandparents.
    I remember my granda telling my siblings and myself ghost stories every night. (which scared the living daylights out of us). One day I was in the house with my 2 sisters and I was in the scullery washing dishes and swore someone ran behind the door. I thot my sisters were playing hide and seek and thot it was one of them. I turned round and to my surprise there was no one there. More recently, On some occasions I get a feeling there is someone lying in bed beside me as I feel pressure on my body, (legs and back), as if there is someone lying next to me or on top of me. Just last week I was sleeping and I woke up and felt pressure on top of me and as I opened my eyes I seen a white face with two big eyes. I didnt feel scared or nothing, I was that tired id say I didnt care.
    My twin sister had the same thing happen to her a week earlier, she was sleeping in her house and thot she heard the front door opening. she heard someone in her room and her keys were on the locker next to the bed and she heard them rattling. She thot at first it was dad coming in to get her keys to move her car. She eventually had the courage to peep under the covers but their was no-one there. :mad::mad:.

• Advertisement

I also believe in some superstitions. When my nanny was dying in hospital. My mum, brother and myself decided to go home to change and that. When we were on our way back to the hospital, one magpie flew passed the car in front of our eyes. I said to mum and brother. Nanny has died. We walked into the room she was in and she muttered something then died. To this day we are sure she waited to die until we came back.
    When my other grandmother was dying in tipperary, my older sister and brother were aged 16 and 17 at the time. They heard 3 knocks on the door, then the phone rang and the news came that my grandmother died.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

s08t wrote: »
    Well I do believe in ghosts but am sceptic about some ghost stories ive heard than others. When I was growing up I lived in an old house with my parents and grandparents.
    I remember my granda telling my siblings and myself ghost stories every night. (which scared the living daylights out of us). One day I was in the house with my 2 sisters and I was in the scullery washing dishes and swore someone ran behind the door. I thot my sisters were playing hide and seek and thot it was one of them. I turned round and to my surprise there was no one there. More recently, On some occasions I get a feeling there is someone lying in bed beside me as I feel pressure on my body, (legs and back), as if there is someone lying next to me or on top of me. Just last week I was sleeping and I woke up and felt pressure on top of me and as I opened my eyes I seen a white face with two big eyes. I didnt feel scared or nothing, I was that tired id say I didnt care.
    My twin sister had the same thing happen to her a week earlier, she was sleeping in her house and thot she heard the front door opening. she heard someone in her room and her keys were on the locker next to the bed and she heard them rattling. She thot at first it was dad coming in to get her keys to move her car. She eventually had the courage to peep under the covers but their was no-one there. :mad::mad:.

U said u lived in an old house when growing up and then u jump to next week . So u have happenings in your own house too ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

More recently, On some occasions I get a feeling there is someone lying in bed beside me as I feel pressure on my body, (legs and back), as if there is someone lying next to me or on top of me. Just last week I was sleeping and I woke up and felt pressure on top of me

I suffer from something similar, its not ghosts sorry to burst the bubble but it looks like you're suffering from sleep paralysis. It's a very interesting topic and lots about it on the internet to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I've read every single page up to 37, will keep reading! Incredible experiences....I'll have to write up mine sometime, only very minor in comparison though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

mugbags wrote: »
    tobacco smell is often a sign of activity,but what you also have to be aware of is that in most cases its just that furniture/wallpaper will absorbs cigarette,cigar and pipe smoke over the years, when the sun is shining through the window or the room heats up the tobacco smell is noticed. i see you have smelt it in a number of houses,so first you have to ask yourself have people smoked in that room over the years,is the furniture/wallpaper still the same as years gone bye, it would be nice to think your uncle is still with you,but first you must eliminate the probable cause.

JaneDoe10: Ye I moved house aged 19. So when I was younger things happened and recently in my house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

We walked into the room she was in and she muttered something then died. To this day we are sure she waited to die until we came back.
    I felt the same when I was in the hospital with my granda, his life support had been turned off but he remained alive for a few hours. I stepped out to get a cup of coffee, obviously very emotional. I came back about five minutes later and his heart rate had started to drop. He died shortly after, I swear I think he was waiting for all of his loved ones to be there with him. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 purified

getz wrote: »
    tobacco smell is often a sign of activity,but what you also have to be aware of is that in most cases its just that furniture/wallpaper will absorbs cigarette,cigar and pipe smoke over the years, when the sun is shining through the window or the room heats up the tobacco smell is noticed. i see you have smelt it in a number of houses,so first you have to ask yourself have people smoked in that room over the years,is the furniture/wallpaper still the same as years gone bye, it would be nice to think your uncle is still with you,but first you must eliminate the probable cause.

I have experienced the tobacco smell numerous times and i think when you are actually a witness to that smell your realise just how unlikely it is for it to be seeping from old furniture. People try to apply logic to explain such happenings but in turn their explanations become so far fetching sometimes the original story starts to make much more sense. There would need to be a serious amount of heat to be applied for a smell to surface from old fixtures and fittings.

When you do smell the cigar it is not just a distant smell or a small whiff, it is not only the smell that comes back but the feeling of being completely at one with yourself for however long the smell lasts, i have gotten the same smell in numerous places from a brand new car to the gym to a shop and it is always the same smell that comes and i associate that with a person who has passed.

On a personal note i find it much easier to accept it as a sign than to spend hours or days trying to workout what it could or could not have been, while everyone is a sceptic to a certain point there is that one thing that comes along and as much as you try to rationalise it, it is just plain spirit.

I made a new years resolution 3 years ago to not cast these things off as a coincidence and just accept them as what they are... a reminder or an essence...nothing more nothing less, everything is open to interrpretation

purified wrote: »
    I have experienced the tobacco smell numerous times and i think when you are actually a witness to that smell your realise just how unlikely it is for it to be seeping from old furniture. People try to apply logic to explain such happenings but in turn their explanations become so far fetching sometimes the original story starts to make much more sense. There would need to be a serious amount of heat to be applied for a smell to surface from old fixtures and fittings.

When you do smell the cigar it is not just a distant smell or a small whiff, it is not only the smell that comes back but the feeling of being completely at one with yourself for however long the smell lasts, i have gotten the same smell in numerous places from a brand new car to the gym to a shop and it is always the same smell that comes and i associate that with a person who has passed.

On a personal note i find it much easier to accept it as a sign than to spend hours or days trying to workout what it could or could not have been, while everyone is a sceptic to a certain point there is that one thing that comes along and as much as you try to rationalise it, it is just plain spirit.

I made a new years resolution 3 years ago to not cast these things off as a coincidence and just accept them as what they are... a reminder or an essence...nothing more nothing less, everything is open to interrpretation
    i was not doubting you,as i am a sensitive myself,i am lucky that every so often a person from the spirit world will appear in my presence,i now think you do have a spirit guide looking after you,but all i was trying to do was asking you to first check out all possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 45 purified

i was not doubting you,as i am a sensitive myself,i am lucky that every so often a person from the spirit world will appear in my presence,i now think you do have a spirit guide looking after you,but all i was trying to do was asking you to first check out all possibilities

My mistake...i just find it frustrating that people quiz everything constantly rather than take the time to expand their minds and just accept. sensitives are expected to pretty much break their backs trying to validate their experiences... i wold love it to jsut be sensitives or jsut normal people sharing their experiences and being encouraged rather than fearful of being ridiculed... and too be honest im probably giving that far too much thought lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

It makes sense to consider the possibilities and every explanation you can think of- you don't have to dismiss or doubt at the same time.

purified wrote: »
    My mistake...i just find it frustrating that people quiz everything constantly rather than take the time to expand their minds and just accept. sensitives are expected to pretty much break their backs trying to validate their experiences... i wold love it to jsut be sensitives or jsut normal people sharing their experiences and being encouraged rather than fearful of being ridiculed... and too be honest im probably giving that far too much thought lol
    if you are like me,you often get people coming up to you thinking you are some ghost buster in the spirit world,they just do not understand that because you can see the odd ghost about they think it it meens you can communicate with them,i had one old dear in a village not far from gorey insisting i go to her house to rid her of a haunting,

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

about 1995 me (10 at the time) my brother (6) and my mam were walking up past a old abandoned house in a town in Co. Kerry, me and my brother saw a man looking out the window of the house as we walked by it, but we didnt think anything of it, we just thought it was our mind's playing with us.

Anyway years later in 2000 i was looking through a book the kerryman made with newspaper clippings from the last hundred years and on one of the pages i froze,
    there was a picture of the same man we saw in the window, i showed it to my bro (without saying anything) and he also instantly recognized him aswell, as we read down through the article it turned out he did live in that house in his younger years and died in 1913:eek:

i'd love to have some explanation for this but i don't think there is any

if you are like me,you often get people coming up to you thinking you are some ghost buster in the spirit world,they just do not understand that because you can see the odd ghost about they think it it meens you can communicate with them,i had one old dear in a village not far from gorey insisting i go to her house to rid her of a haunting,

Well, first of all, the fact that you've seen the odd ghost now and then surely must indicate that you're more attuned to these matters than someone who doesn't ever experience any ghostly goings-on.

I would probably guess I've had less incidents than you where seeing "the odd ghost" is concerned, but I still have wondered what the point of it all was. I suppose I would think that it alerted me to the possibility that there's more to life than meets the eye.

Now, in your case, the fact that you've had some personal experience with this sort of thing makes you useful to people like the old dear in Gorey. You never know, it might not be a case of a haunting at all. Maybe she's living on her own, is nervous and hears noises in the night, thinking it's a ghost when it's just mice, or something?

At the very least, it'd be very helpful for her if you helped to find out what exactly is going on in her house, and reassure the old lady in the process of doing that.

Now, if you did have reason to believe, after visiting and inspecting everything, that she really was dealing with a haunting, then I wouldn't say you'd have to go so far as to induce a feckin' trance-like state in yourself to 'communicate' with whatever's there. Talk normally (to 'it'), maybe burn some white sage throughout all the rooms, open all the windows and play some happy music. Keep it simple.

Nevertheless, I'm not suggesting that it's your responsiblity to resolve people's alleged hauntings. I'm just saying that you probably aren't as useless in this respect as you seem to think you are.

ciarang85 wrote: »
    about 1995 me (10 at the time) my brother (6) and my mam were walking up past a old abandoned house in a town in Co. Kerry, me and my brother saw a man looking out the window of the house as we walked by it, but we didnt think anything of it, we just thought it was our mind's playing with us.

Anyway years later in 2000 i was looking through a book the kerryman made with newspaper clippings from the last hundred years and on one of the pages i froze,
    there was a picture of the same man we saw in the window, i showed it to my bro (without saying anything) and he also instantly recognized him aswell, as we read down through the article it turned out he did live in that house in his younger years and died in 1913:eek:

i'd love to have some explanation for this but i don't think there is any

Many would call your experience a coinicidence and, although the following is contested by some quarters, it may have just been a case of synchronicity.
    Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

In your own case, the first event was you and your brother seeing the man looking out of the window of the house.

The second event was you spotting the photo of the same man in The Kerryman in 2000. That's what I think..

Just recently, I was walking around Belfast, when I spotted this bloke in yellow skinny jeans (you couldn't miss them) handing out flyers. I walked past him without accepting one, but I suddenly had a change of heart and decided to take one from him. I read the flyer and saw it was about some meeting for effecting proactive social change in Ireland. Then I saw that the group who was behind this meeting had a Facebook page that I realised I had 'liked' not long before that.

Anyway, I forgot all about that until, a few weeks later, I decided to comment on some status they had posted on FB. In my comment, I mentioned knowing a bloke (without naming him, and he's dead, FYI), and that he had once told me such-and-such. Well, the administrator of their page replied and asked me if a man with such-and-such a name (say, Johnny Walsh) had said that to me. It turned out we both knew the same bloke. So then I thought that the guy who was handing out the flyers previously must be the same guy who runs the FB page and who also knew the bloke I knew.

Bit of a long-winded story, but it looked like synchronicity to me. It was definitely funny how it all threaded together like that anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Many would call your experience a coinicidence and, although the following is contested by some quarters, it may have just been a case of synchronicity.

In your own case, the first event was you and your brother seeing the man looking out of the window of the house.

The second event was you spotting the photo of the same man in The Kerryman in 2000. That's what I think..

Not with you there Mojo. Are you saying CiaranG and his bro DIDNT see a ghost? They both clearly saw this man as kids, and then independantly recognised a photo of him as adults. The point is though, the man had been 80 odd years dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

so do you mean that we both just imagined the face of this man?

sorry i'm a bit lost:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

I was watching the Innkeepers the other night (Best ghost movie in years!) and it got me thinking on something I seen when I was about 5 or 6. I was being a bit defiant with my Ma in the supermarket and left her to go and look at the toy shelves. I just looked to my right and standing next to me, almost touching me, was an old woman grinning at me. It scared the **** out of me because despite my age I was aware of my surroundings and I'm not sure how she just appeared. I went round the aisle to my Ma, then got a good look on our way back past and there was nobody there.

• Advertisement

Well, first of all, the fact that you've seen the odd ghost now and then surely must indicate that you're more attuned to these matters than someone who doesn't ever experience any ghostly goings-on.

I would probably guess I've had less incidents than you where seeing "the odd ghost" is concerned, but I still have wondered what the point of it all was. I suppose I would think that it alerted me to the possibility that there's more to life than meets the eye.

Now, in your case, the fact that you've had some personal experience with this sort of thing makes you useful to people like the old dear in Gorey. You never know, it might not be a case of a haunting at all. Maybe she's living on her own, is nervous and hears noises in the night, thinking it's a ghost when it's just mice, or something?

At the very least, it'd be very helpful for her if you helped to find out what exactly is going on in her house, and reassure the old lady in the process of doing that.

Now, if you did have reason to believe, after visiting and inspecting everything, that she really was dealing with a haunting, then I wouldn't say you'd have to go so far as to induce a feckin' trance-like state in yourself to 'communicate' with whatever's there. Talk normally (to 'it'), maybe burn some white sage throughout all the rooms, open all the windows and play some happy music. Keep it simple.

Nevertheless, I'm not suggesting that it's your responsiblity to resolve people's alleged hauntings. I'm just saying that you probably aren't as useless in this respect as you seem to think you are.
    my problem was that it was me who first brought the word haunting up,she walked up to me in the village and said ;i have found this small cross in a field,do you think its valuable ? as i held it in my hand [the cross was only about a inch long and made of pewter] i felt very strange and said to her,;have you a problem in your home;she then went on to tell me there was a bedroom in the house that she has to keep locked because it has a ghost,i do not know why but i then knew that a old woman had killed herself in it,she confirmed that what i said was true,she even said she had gone to the grave yard to put flowers on the grave in hope that would have helped,she had even had in the parish priest in to pray,she wanted me to go to her home to see if i could do anything,i felt guilty that i had to turn her down as i am not trained enough to get those lost souls to move on when they do not want to,i was very worried that anything i may do would make matters worse,all i could do was advise her to go on the net and contact a paranormal website i hope they could put her in touch with somebody that would help her,remember i was on holiday in the area[south wicklow] and i do not live in ireland.

Advertisement