Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

face1990 wrote: »
    It's interesting that a tall man, dressed in black with a hat, seems to be a recurring theme.

I mentioned slenderman earlier, and while he was an invented character, perhaps there's a supernatural basis to him? Or maybe there's something in the human psyche, or western culture, that finds it spooky; a psychological or cultural archetype of spookiness.

Would love to know if anyone else has seen anything similar!
    Hi.my dad.who was a complete sceptic b.t.w only ever had one odd story.and its basically the same as ones here..im quite amazed really..i havent heard it in years..he was walking home from enniskerry to bray in the dark after droping my mam home from dance..its a very dark and creepy road even today..any way down out of the woods appears a figure in a long coat and fedora (i think)and it proceeds to walk in step with himin complete silence..he realises he suddenly very afraid and the figure odd..he remembers thinking 'walk..just keep walking'but he glances down and sees that he cant see shoes the figure ends below the trench coat..im not sure of the exact parting details but it finished with him crossing the dargle river..its errily similar in places to above stories..i suppose this would have been early sixties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

smells - why are they so common as a sign?
    My uncle was a farmer, when we were at his house he would come in from the farm and there would be a smell of cows off his overalls! Two days after he dies - an overpowering smell of cows / farmer appeared in our kitchen - (we arent farmers / not a farming house) it was so unusual. Another family member brought it to my attention. Me being a doubter ran outside to see if there was slurry being spread outside somewhere nearby, but there wasnt. It wasnt that time of year either. I think he just called around to say goodbye !

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

oldfart wrote: »
    smells - why are they so common as a sign?
    My uncle was a farmer, when we were at his house he would come in from the farm and there would be a smell of cows off his overalls! Two days after he dies - an overpowering smell of cows / farmer appeared in our kitchen - (we arent farmers / not a farming house) it was so unusual. Another family member brought it to my attention. Me being a doubter ran outside to see if there was slurry being spread outside somewhere nearby, but there wasnt. It wasnt that time of year either. I think he just called around to say goodbye !

My nanny died 12 years ago and I was at home one day and this distinct smell of my grandmother filled the air. I can't even describe the smell. She would have had a lot of creams etc so it was a combination of all that. NOTHING could recreate this smell as it was so unique due to the mixture of creams. I instantly recognised it and it lasted maybe 10 seconds and then disapeared. It was sooooo bizarre! Nice and comforting though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Not such a ghostly story but still spooky, going back about 10 years I was around 9 mam went down to the shop so was in the house on my own it was a dark winters night got up to go the loo while walking across the landing I got this though in my head that the electricity was gonna go well what happened but bang the lights went out! Was left in complete darkness well I sh1t myself lol. Mam never believed me was told to shutup when I told her about what happened when she got home. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

3 years ago I was lying on the couch watching TV when I could smell my Mums favorite Perfume, she died 10 years ago. It was just a moment and I was on my own in the living room. I went through the whole room sniffing, trying to find out where the smell came from but it was gone. I guess she came to have a look at me and check if I am alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Rachelmhr

My best friend was killed in house fire 5 years ago.. she was 1 week from her 20th bday..

Anyway I am sceptical about this topic but since she died lots of wierd stuff has happened.. One night after she died I was in my bedroom (I wouldnt stay in the room as I had pics of us plastered all over the place so I was freaked out and devastated) but I was very upset this particular night and went in to the room to get some clothes etc. and I turned on the light and was pottering around and out of nowhere all the bulbs in my room exploded! I have a light fitting with 4 bulbs and all of them just blew up - turns out my friends mam had gone to a spiritual healer THAT DAY and was told that my friend channels herself through electricity (I still kinda think it's BS) but I was so freaked out after that!

Also the night she died in the fire she appeared to my friends bf to tell him his gf would survive the fire (another best friend was also in the house at the time but she survived) My friends bf was able to tell me exactly what she was wearing - and even the exact earrings and jewellery!! Which scared the sh*t outta me as I had been with her that day and he hadnt seen her for 2 weeks :eek:

I know she's always with me and hence why I have made complete peace with the fact that she's gone from this life :)

Another little thing which is FREAKY!!

Next door neighbour was unusually loud one night (he lives alone) I was in bed trying to sleep and last thing I remember was praying to my dead friend "I wish someone would egg his house or something" jokingly!

Yeah..... so the next morning I was heading to town and happened to glance up at the neighbours house COVERED IN EGG... all over the house eggshells everywhere.. the neighbour has no idea what happened.... that has to be the freakiest! I have no explanation for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Rachelmhr wrote: »
    Anyway I am sceptical about this topic but since she died lots of wierd stuff has happened.. One night after she died I was in my bedroom (I wouldnt stay in the room as I had pics of us plastered all over the place so I was freaked out and devastated) but I was very upset this particular night and went in to the room to get some clothes etc. and I turned on the light and was pottering around and out of nowhere all the bulbs in my room exploded! I have a light fitting with 4 bulbs and all of them just blew up - turns out my friends mam had gone to a spiritual healer THAT DAY and was told that my friend channels herself through electricity (I still kinda think it's BS) but I was so freaked out after that!

That reminded me of something similar - but not connected to anyone's death - that happened when I was back at home a few weeks ago. I doubt it was anything paranormal in nature, but what happened was there had been a stupid argument about nothing-of-great-importance, with the tension stemming from it rising to a very palpable level.

Anyway, within the space of five minutes, my phone's screen (a phone which was then all of two months old) 'froze' when I was trying to use it, the fuse went in the fuse box outside (we noticed the kettle had stopped mid-boil after it had been switched on to boil), and three light bulbs blew simultaneously in the living room (there are five bulbs in total). It was difficult not to notice the succession of events, however minor they were respectively.

This type of thing has happened before - almost always when there's particularly high tension among people, myself included, for one reason or another. Only a few months ago, my housemate was having a go at the other one for forgetting to buy his cigarettes (he had given him the money for it), and I was tired but wired after work and in no mood for that crap, so it wasn't a happy home that evening.

Then, while I was sitting in our living room, I suddenly heard a 'POP!!" sound, like something had blown up, and it was the light bulb in the kitchen that had blown.

I'm sure all of this may have something to do with a melange of human energy and natural, or as yet unknown, physical laws, but this isn't the place to ruminate on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

A few months back at my mothers house, she told me that the radio in the sitting room turns itself on at random intervals about 4 times a a week. My deceased father and her used to listen to some channel that plays classical music every night for years, it was sorta a tradition thing that they did. And she believed it was my father watching over her etc. Being that she is in her 70's and now a bit frail i put it down to age.

One night i was there and she called me into the sitting room and was pointing at the radio as it was on. I was sure she'd maybe put it on herself and that she'd dozed off and awoke suddenly.

I had a look at the radio, its an ancient player, no programmable features at all. Whilst she was out one evening i was there reading the newspaper, when all of a sudden it came on blaring, i sat there staring at it for a few moments, i went over and turned it off. I took it away and went to argos and bought a new one.

Now this creeped me out. I was with my mother in the sitting room one night watching TV this time and the radio starts itself. We had the 2 dogs (Jack Russell Terriers), sitting on the couch next to me and I swear they jumped from a sleepy state to barking at the room door, so much i had to bring them out back. We now leave it plugged out until using it.

But I just cant get that out of me head, what the cause was. If asked if i believe in spirits and such, i'd say i'd have to see one to believe it.

That reminded me of something similar - but not connected to anyone's death - that happened when I was back at home a few weeks ago. I doubt it was anything paranormal in nature, but what happened was there had been a stupid argument about nothing-of-great-importance, with the tension stemming from it rising to a very palpable level.

Anyway, within the space of five minutes, my phone's screen (a phone which was then all of two months old) 'froze' when I was trying to use it, the fuse went in the fuse box outside (we noticed the kettle had stopped mid-boil after it had been switched on to boil), and three light bulbs blew simultaneously in the living room (there are five bulbs in total). It was difficult not to notice the succession of events, however minor they were respectively.

This type of thing has happened before - almost always when there's particularly high tension among people, myself included, for one reason or another. Only a few months ago, my housemate was having a go at the other one for forgetting to buy his cigarettes (he had given him the money for it), and I was tired but wired after work and in no mood for that crap, so it wasn't a happy home that evening.

Then, while I was sitting in our living room, I suddenly heard a 'POP!!" sound, like something had blown up, and it was the light bulb in the kitchen that had blown.

I'm sure all of this may have something to do with a melange of human energy and natural, or as yet unknown, physical laws, but this isn't the place to ruminate on it..

Woooowww! It is freaky! I never believe anything like that but there has been so many things that happened and I don't know what the explanations were :/

johndoe99 wrote: »
    A few months back at my mothers house, she told me that the radio in the sitting room turns itself on at random intervals about 4 times a a week. My deceased father and her used to listen to some channel that plays classical music every night for years, it was sorta a tradition thing that they did. And she believed it was my father watching over her etc. Being that she is in her 70's and now a bit frail i put it down to age.

One night i was there and she called me into the sitting room and was pointing at the radio as it was on. I was sure she'd maybe put it on herself and that she'd dozed off and awoke suddenly.

I had a look at the radio, its an ancient player, no programmable features at all. Whilst she was out one evening i was there reading the newspaper, when all of a sudden it came on blaring, i sat there staring at it for a few moments, i went over and turned it off. I took it away and went to argos and bought a new one.

Now this creeped me out. I was with my mother in the sitting room one night watching TV this time and the radio starts itself. We had the 2 dogs (Jack Russell Terriers), sitting on the couch next to me and I swear they jumped from a sleepy state to barking at the room door, so much i had to bring them out back. We now leave it plugged out until using it.

But I just cant get that out of me head, what the cause was. If asked if i believe in spirits and such, i'd say i'd have to see one to believe it.

Now that is really freaky!!! :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jessabell88

I have a good few seriously unsettling stories. first off, I never really believed in anything like this before i experienced things personally. scary films would creep me out but if you had asked me did i seriously believe in the paranormal i would have admitted that i didnt.

It because i didnt that I used the quiji board one day. If i believe what i believe now I would never have done it. My friends from school made one with a black folder as the board and the alphabet writtin on paper and then each letter ripped so it was by its self and then placed in alphabetical order around the board and the top of an old sure deoderant can or something. Anyway, the first time we did it we did it in broad day light in a field by the river. The plastic cup thing moved and spelled out the name fiacragh (dont know how to spell it correctly) anyway i the girls seemed freaked but i just thought it was them!, we went back to one of the girls houses and continued in her room, this time it was a woman, cant remember the name, began with an M, said she had hung herself in the barn, to tell her brother joe she was sorry, still not believing it entirely i asked if Elvis was really dead "yes" was the response and then i laughed and said to the girl i bet she thinks were a bit thick, and it shot to "yes"! then said she knew my grandfather, knew where he was born (i didnt even know until after) and that he was happy. It freaked me out but we did it again the next day in her sitting room. She pulled the curtins and lit candles in a pentegon shape and i felt seriously frightend but did it anyway. there was four of this, two across each side of the board. I thought my fried beside me was scared nd squeezing my arm but when i looked at her she had one hand stretched over the board and the other on her lap!... then all the candles statrted flickering like mad despite there being zero draft! not even a fire plce just one of those electric fake fires!, the same girl beside my whispered to look up and right directly abovethe board was the pitch black shadow of a dog! i mean ears, tail, legs, feet , body... not just fuzzyness it ws detailed! next thing the girls both jumped apart on the other side and said the both heard someone bang a massive drum between them, one of them ended up having an asthma attack so we never did it again.

The next time i was with one of the same girls, we snuck out (very naughty children that we were lol of her house to meet the rest of the group from school to go camping in the woods. As we a were walking and talking i was sending a text to someone and the next thing she grabs me, drops her bike that shed been walking beside her, i look up and there, in the middle of the fork in the road was basically what we later wer told to be the white lady, or if you google the brown lady or ghost on bridge.. (whether they arereal or not IT IS EXACTLY what we saw)... we stood there shaking and stammeing about what to do and what it could be , it moved slight towards us and we back up slightly before deciding we had to move so we basically both hopped on the bike and cycled past it and up the side road absolutely petrified!!

The other time i was with the girls we were walking around town waiting for the taxi to pick us up when we walked down to the old abby, the gate is usually locked but when one of the girls leaned on it it opened so we decided to go in. stupid idiotic idea but we did. there were loads of street lights so we coul clearly see what we doing. anyway i had my back to one of the grave stones while one of the girls tried phone the taxi again, we had wandered around it it abit and eventually stood where we were, near the gate when making the calL, next thing i knew the other four girls started pointing in my direction but looking up and petrified, i turned and cold only see pitch black! but when i moved my head up i saw a very tall "man" all dressed in pitch black, could not see his face, just pitch black with a pitch black rimmed hat right directly infront of me with only the width of a headstone between us! for that few seconds i just knew that it wasnt a person, it wasnt a man telling us to get out, i could sense him not breathing, there was nothing coming from him! all could sense was that it was positively evil and i turned screaming my head off, picked up my best friend and literally ran with her up in he air until i was well up the road and clear ofthe abbey!... i just sensed something absolutely awful that night from "him".

There are a few more too but i was alone when i experienced them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

@Jessabelle!

Blimey, did you validate any of the details from the first incident, ie; the lady with the name beginning with "M", committing suicide, her brother Joe, and knowing your grandfather. Thats all pretty specific.

How long did the Ouija board conversation/session last? Was it all spelt out letter by letter?

I don't know much about the credibility of things, but I'd never mess about with a Ouija board just in case.

Some folk might say that during the Ouija session you have opened a portal for spirits to come through to you. If it was me, and these things are happening to you, I would seek advice to get the portal closed, or whatever it is they do.

Great stories at the same time Jessabelle:)

@ It's behind you- the only thing we verified was where my grandfather was born... that same woman came through to the girls another time after that (although i stayed down stairs because i wouldnt do it again). one of the girls then said because that was the 3rd time she came through it was something evil and not an actual spirit and the neverplayed again after that. mind you, where she got that rule from i dont know. would actually like to look into it but wouldnt know where to start really apart from a census or something. I dont know if she knew him in life or is it in death or both... i had been experiencing odd things and had told my mum that maybe i should go get blessed or something (i dont even know what i think it would do really) but have just ever really gotten around to it

@Jessabelle, thanks for that.

I guess first thing is to have word with a psychic, and if odd things are happening to you, possibly related to that Ouija board incident, they might be able to stop them, close the portal sorta thing. (If thats what causing your experiences). But as I mentioned, I haven't really got a clue about these things.

If you know the area ,you might be able to find out something about the lady who hung herself in the barn, with a brother called Joe. (Do you know where the barn she referred to is?).

But might be best to see if you can stop the odd things from happening and forget about it all. Take care...

It's amazing this thread is still going six years after I initially started it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

It's amazing this thread is still going six years after I initially started it.

brilliant thread alrite

Great thread...condense, book it up as a wee stocking filler for Christmas...

I presume boards.ie own the copyright of all posts?

It really is!, I think its an indicator of how often strange things happen to folk and this thread is sort of acting like an outlet for those experiences. its good to tell your experiences of strange things to people who actually want to hear about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Great thread...condense, book it up as a wee stocking filler for Christmas...

I presume boards.ie own the copyright of all posts?

No boards don't, the copyright belongs to whoever reports the actual event through their own experiences. It's the same with images/etc, if you post a photograph you have taken and someone takes it and uses regardless if its commercial or non-commercial use they have infringed on your copyright. I know from experience because I used to post a lot more on the photography forum, one particular piece of stock photography was stolen and posted on a companies website, when I found out I sent them an invoice and it was paid in full. It's a hot topic in the photography forum because many people just assume material online is fair game, that's really not the case.

@Jessa

Photography aside someone pointed me in the direction of the thread and I have to admit I'm concerned about that black dog that was seen above the Ouija board. I used to post a lot more on the paranormal forum here and one thing I always recommend is to stay well away from Ouija or other spirit boards, unless you are trained to use them properly and even then its risky. Yes there are people who are trained in using them and never have negative outcomes but those same people have trained with spirit communication for years. The problem with Ouija is its basically like opening your front door and leaving all the lights on, or walking through a rough neighborhood wearing perils and diamonds - I'll explain why.

Often with Ouija you are tapping into a level of intelligence that is often confused or malevolent, it can be something as simple as someone passing but refusing to move on either because they can't bare to be away from a person or place they were close to when they were here, after time that desperation turns sour towards those who are still in this world . I'm by no means religious but I do study parapsychology and have been into the Occult for over 10 years. If you look at life after death as a ladder, the top being the most spiritually evolved beings, the middle being beings working to get to the top, and the bottom level beings who have passed over but are not spiritually evolved enough to ascend to a higher level of thinking and understanding. The bottom level (not Hell) are easier to contact because in terms of distance are not that far from our own plane of existence. When you use the Ouija what happens is unless you have a family spirit that is very willing to make contact or a very experienced medium present, you get the lower evolved beings. They are often unclear of even passing on, refuse to move on, or are possibly demonic and can't move on because their plane is naturally closer to our own world (forget Demons for now).

From reading your story and description of what happened I'd say you may have unwittingly opened latent physic of clairvoyant ability. For a lot of people they already have it in them it just takes direct contact with the spirit world to open it up. Often it's only temporary and lasts for a few weeks after an Ouija or Seance session. That said I know people very close to me who I warned not to mess with such things and they did, one person really had a hard time with it and to this day cannot sleep with the light off. the biggest example of Ouija causing trouble in popular culture is in the exorcist, yes it was just a movie but the story was real only instead of a girl it was a boy, his grandmother used to teach him spirit communication through the board, I believe she was from New Orleans. In the movie the Ouija gets about 1 minute of screen time yet no one touches on the fact that it was the board itself that started the whole thing off.

I did notice this though, it wasn't only you that had those experiences and it was far from a shared group delusion. What you all saw you saw for a reason, when it's just one person having those experiences I start to worry because it's a direct line concentrated on that one person. I'll explain why I mentioned the dodgy neighborhood now. For a lot of the lower down easier contactable entities energy is what attracts them. Possession and spiritual or Demonic influence happens because the person makes themselves an easy target. It's not about how many hail mary's you say it's how strong you are as a person. I'd recommend anyone who suffers from depression/mood swings to never use the Ouija or conduct seances. Puberty too is a big no no when it comes to the board, the amount of energy transference is more than enough to attract any number of entities. In all likelihood I'd say you will be okay as long as you don't keep going back to the board, the more you use it the more power you give it by creating a direct more open line to whatever is on the other side. The fact that your friends witnessed the same thing just makes me think it was more to warn you away from messing with something very powerful.

I'm not saying all spirit communication is dangerous and is something we shouldn't tap into. Far from it but it's a tool that demands an enormous amount of respect and understanding. My theory is it doesn't just open a line of communication but in some cases it can forcefully evoke a spirit or entity into your circle. I've heard from many drop in communicators and spirits that the board does force them to come through if they don't have the ability to avoid the power of the individual or the group. If that is the case you can see why some turn nasty to the board operators. Another point I'll make is don't believe anything the board tells you especially in terms of your lifespan or the coming future. Some spirits are expert tricksters and find it very easy to read your thoughts, guarding against that is next to impossible especially if you bring anxiety or high hopes to the board. A lot of the time their future telling is a series of carefully constructed prediction, humans can be experts at prediction just look at Nostradamus but there are limits with humans.

Time for the spirit world runs in a different flow than we are used to, for us its day to day but for spirits its a case of looking at the bigger picture all arranged in a neat line. I'm not saying some spirits cannot read the future, I'm convinced they can and that's why you should never ask about your own mortality. If it's a negative spirit or a Demonic they will play on your fears to get a higher level of energy output from you and the others, the more you put in the more they get back which is why people get drawn to repeat sessions, in the end they get more and more attached to certain energies and its not something easily avoided. It can become an addiction like anything else, I'm not saying its happened but be very wary of any type of presence that seems friendly enough to keep showing up at sessions. Usually they want you to keep coming back so they can wear your defenses down and increase the connection they are trying to cultivate, often they show their true colours if you stop and they learn of it.

Like I said you are most likely okay but just don't go back and do anymore sessions. If anything read up on the subject and the history of Ouija and spirit communication. While most mediums are charlatans it is an actual skill and I'd recommend visiting a true professional rather than trying to carry out the task yourself. Many people are drawn to the Ouija especially because of a loss or because of their uncertainty about an afterlife, it's understandable of course but there are safer ways to do it. Even mediums can get drained from a safe session so imagine what it does to someone who is not trained to work with those energies. When I saw the message someone sent me pointing out your experiences I went to a lot of trouble writing a carefully detailed response, I didn't just put down the first thing that came to my head, I've been into this for a long time so if you have any questions you don't want to ask in public feel free to drop me a message. - Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That was a fascinating post Lisa.

• Advertisement

@Lisa, thanks so much for taking the time to write that!... mind you its late and now you have me slightly creeped out lol... I was going to send you a privatemessage but couldnt find the boards mail for you? anyway, no mater really, The quiji board thing happened about 8 or so years ago. Those incidents took place in or around that time frame I think. It pretty much all happened in the either 5th or 6th year. I honestly cant rememer exactly.

I have had weird encounters as recently as march/april. However all during college i never had anything like that. It has all been since I moved home in the last year and a half that stuff started to happen. I havent experienced anything my mum got some guy in to cleanse the house or whatever in april. Ive never had a personal cleansing though ... do you think it would be a good idea or pointless?

(Also, loving the Buffy quote! :-) )

lol only now seen your private mail but it doesnt matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Oh you are very welcome and really my buffy signature is showing up? I can't see it so I thought it was disabled. Oh it happened when you moved back home? it could be the change of scenery, I know a lot of people go through similar things or even sleep paralysis because they have changed locations or have gone through any kind of stress. Home cleansing by anyone but a priest is always a good thing but sometimes say in a haunting someone will get a priest in and a lot of the time it makes things worse. It's different with healers and the like though because they work with the energy of a location instead of religious doctrine.

You could try a personal healing if you sense something is following you around, or you could buy some stones from new age shops for a little more piece of mind, if you are in dublin the yellow brick road on the quays is good as is the new one across from the sweet factory in temple bar, it's newer and both shops are cheap enough. Incense helps a lot too and silver is always good to wear in jewelry. I'm just glad boards has a dedicated paranormal forum, I know lots of people who are going through experiences and won't breath a word about it for fear of being called a nutter. There are even people who can't sell property because the place has something in there and the word got out, a lot seems to come out on boards though which is great because it gives people somewhere to talk about their own experiences, anonymously too if they want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I have some experience with the board as well and they weren`t nice at all.
    Thanks to your post Lisa, I understand it much better now. My sister died in a car accident when she was 15 and I was 9. Of cause my Mother was devastated.
    I guess I was 12 or 13 and my friend and me made a board our self and used a glas from the kitchen. First we tried it in my room and nothing happened. Then we moved all the stuff in my sisters old room and tried it again.
    Nothing happened and we wanted to leave it but then it went very cold in the room, it was a hot summer day and the room under the roof, my friend panicked and I tried to switch on the light but it went off, the same with 2 other lights in this room. The whole house was fine and in the evening it was fine as well. Doesn't sound so bad but like lisa wrote I guess we opened something. I am very sure that my sister did not want to go or could not so she stayed with us. For years. I could sense her and a lot stuff happened. I could not sleep very well and I had my dog sleeping with me in the bed so he could warn me if something was there. I didn`t mind her there, I was and still am scared to see them. So I have , thank God never seen them. Then after we moved in a new house it was gone, at least it wasn't that bad anymore. I could still sense her once in a while but it was just normal for me.
    Then friends of my Mum invited my mother to a meeting were they did something like the board but with a little table and a pen in one leg so you could write with it. First it was Ok and interesting. One came through and said it was my Grandfather, He had a very special signature and that appeared on the paper under the little table. It was a bit later that I just could not breath anymore, it was like somebody crushed my breast case. They stopped and it disappeared as well. Then there was a spirit saying it was my sister. I cant really remember what was "said" but I remember that the table kicked the fag box of my mother from the table.
    Another time, we went twice there, my dad came as well. That spirit was there again and I had to leave the room as I was full of bad energie as it said. My Mum was very disappointed as my dad good drawn flowers and she was just ignored :-) So she never went back and me neither. I had a very hard time after that, a lot of things happened in the house and I had very very bad dreams for a good while. I still can pray the " Father ours" in my dreams.
    I guess there is kind of a connection now cause I can feel them but never saw one. A lot of things happened in later years but nothing so bad like after the table seance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

My best friend was killed in house fire 5 years ago.. she was 1 week from her 20th bday..

Also the night she died in the fire she appeared to my friends bf to tell him his gf would survive the fire (another best friend was also in the house at the time but she survived) My friends bf was able to tell me exactly what she was wearing - and even the exact earrings and jewellery!! Which scared the sh*t outta me as I had been with her that day and he hadnt seen her for 2 weeks :eek:

I know she's always with me and hence why I have made complete peace with the fact that she's gone from this life :)

Another little thing which is FREAKY!!

Next door neighbour was unusually loud one night (he lives alone) I was in bed trying to sleep and last thing I remember was praying to my dead friend "I wish someone would egg his house or something" jokingly!

Yeah..... so the next morning I was heading to town and happened to glance up at the neighbours house COVERED IN EGG... all over the house eggshells everywhere.. the neighbour has no idea what happened.... that has to be the freakiest! I have no explanation for it!

Haha, very good..though I wouldnt like to be your neighbour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

How do you know if a ghost/entity is good or bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

I used my ghostly experience to get a free drink :)

Was in Oz a few years back and went on a ghost tour. I'd be fairly open-minded, as I do think there are things that can't be explained, but I'd usually go for the logical explanation first.

Right before I went to Oz I had an eerie experience in Scotland, only seems to happen when I'm holidays! :D

Anyway, we were on this ghost tour of Sydney, getting nicely creeped out, but seeing nothing, until we went onto the last part of the tour.

We went into this place, the only way I can describe it is, it's like the Hall of the Red Earl in Galway, as in it's all ruins, but there is kind of a glass platform going down into it, and you can see some of the oldest houses in the city there. Now the second we got into the place the atmosphere became suddenly very oppressive. It was similar to the feeling I got in the yard Kilmainham Gaol- a feeling that there had been a lot of suffering and pain in this place. I couldn't breathe.

So anyway the guide starts telling us about the history of the place, how there had been a lady who had been treated horrendously by her husband. He had beaten her, and then when he found out she was infertile he simply left her. She took her own life.

As he is telling us this story- bear in mind, it is December in Australia and very hot, and this place is baking- a cold breeze rushes by me, and I feel the unmistakeable feeling of someone brushing my back as they pass. There's no one there!

I got fairly freaked out and waited until the tour was over to tell the guide. Part of the tour was the offer of a drinks voucher, and for my trauma and psychic powers, he gives me and my friend an extra one each!

My friend was convinced I'd made it up, but I genuinely felt something. I owe that lady a pint on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

for those who have read any of my posting will know i often see ghost visitations,two weeks ago i was on holiday with my wife and dog in skipton yorkshire,for those who do not know skipton,its a medieval town with cobbled roads and at the top of the high street it has a lovely castle,that was over run during the civil war by oliver cromwell,in fact it has a long and interesting history,i booked a very old stone cottage just fifty yards from the castle,a nice cottage with its original beams and fire place,one night i decided to go early to bed,but the wife and dog stayed down stairs to watch a DVD,about two AM she rushed up the stairs to tell me that she noticed in the room with her was three people,one man and two little boys,as the wife is not prone to see ghosts ,my first thoughts was that she must of nodded off and imagined it,but i went down stairs just to have a look,but i did not sense anything so i went back to bed,it wasent untill the next morning when she told me this ,a man with the two boys walked across the room to the door holding the hands with the boys,as they got to the door both the boys turned their heads around and waved goodbye to her they were smiling,and she notice they were dressed in olden day clothes [her words] with lace collars,it was only later that i realised than when cromwell was marched his armies to attack the royalist fort,that many of the middle and high class gentry would have left the town in a hurry,so in my mind it may well have been a visitation, and to think thats one i missed

getz wrote: »
    for those who have read any of my posting will know i often see ghost visitations,two weeks ago i was on holiday with my wife and dog in skipton yorkshire,for those who do not know skipton,its a medieval town with cobbled roads and at the top of the high street it has a lovely castle,that was over run during the civil war by oliver cromwell,in fact it has a long and interesting history,i booked a very old stone cottage just fifty yards from the castle,a nice cottage with its original beams and fire place,one night i decided to go early to bed,but the wife and dog stayed down stairs to watch a DVD,about two AM she rushed up the stairs to tell me that she noticed in the room with her was three people,one man and two little boys,as the wife is not prone to see ghosts ,my first thoughts was that she must of nodded off and imagined it,but i went down stairs just to have a look,but i did not sense anything so i went back to bed,it wasent untill the next morning when she told me this ,a man with the two boys walked across the room to the door holding the hands with the boys,as they got to the door both the boys turned their heads around and waved goodbye to her they were smiling,and she notice they were dressed in olden day clothes [her words] with lace collars,it was only later that i realised than when cromwell was marched his armies to attack the royalist fort,that many of the middle and high class gentry would have left the town in a hurry,so in my mind it may well have been a visitation, and to think thats one i missed

getz, thats a lovely experinece by the sounds of it considering you often hear of people staying in hotels etc that she see a "ghost" or whatever but it usually just goes about its business or just stare at them but the fact that they smiled and waved goodbye to your wife is just lovely. Was she acually frightened or how did she seem?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

Yesterday I seen my Kitchen door open and then shut very quickly. After trying to recreate it (always try explain it first before jumping to conclusions) and making sure nobody opened the door I am stumped for an explanation. Loads of creepy stuff happened in my house over the years although nothing sinister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement