Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 EvenOlderTom

Had 3 experiences myself. Each one at a different stage of my life, different places, different circumstances and age. The only common thing was when it was happening I felt like I was under water, separated in a bubble from the real life. I don't have any pictures, anything shocking to say... I've seen deceased people, I don't really like to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I've seen deceased people, I don't really like to talk about it.
    Why did you come into the thread then really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 EvenOlderTom

Rasmus wrote: »
    Why did you come into the thread then really?
    I don't know. I guess I just wanted to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I don't know. I guess I just wanted to share.

Details we need details!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 guitarmandan

Hi all first post :) Ok so my grandad sadly passed away in March this year . A couple of months later we got a bit of work done in the house out of money from his will :) He stayed in the extension at the back of the house with my granny(who is still alive). So after the work was finished my mam was taking pictures to show my aunty in Spain and she took photos in the bathroom in my grandparents room this was 3 months after he passed. She took this photo and it's the image of my grandad a reflection in the glass at the shower. That's where he use to sit because he was bad on his legs. I believe 100% this is my grandad here's a picture of him aswel to prove it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster on this thread.

I would love some thoughts and views on this, paranormal, scientific, engineering or whatever.

For the last while, I have woken up about 2am to the sound of coins\marbles being dropped on the floor above me really loudly and which seem to roll for quite a long time across the floor. It has happened a good few times, throughout the years, in different places I have lived. At the moment, I live in a four story apartment block, me being on the ground floor.

Last night was specifically coins being dropped, one by one and rolling for some time. It was very loud and quite distinct.

I do have really bad nightmares and sometimes sleep paralysis. I haven't had sleep paralysis in a long time (thank god, as its the most frightening thing I have ever experienced) :(

I am pretty open to all things paranormal as I have had quite a lot of experiences growing up, especially when I was smaller so that is the way my thinking is.

Anyone got any ideas? The only link I can think of is that it always seems more predominant when I am stressed, which I am at the moment.

Please help my curiosity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Padjooshea

I went to a bar in Brussells once. It was a dark one. I woke up late and had to make a train. Myself and a friend went downstairs. But we couldn't unlock the door. It was triple locked. The next thing i know is that i heard footsteps going up the fecking stairs behind me. All we had was the light of the phone to see. We froze for about a few seconds. My friends face was so funny when i think back. It was of pure fear. I never seen him that way because he doesn't believe in anything. He's always laughing but this time he was really trying to get out the door. We couldn't open it whatever was wrong. Eventually i had to check out the bar. I said feck it if i'm going to die i'd better face it anyway. I checked out the bar and there was no-one to be found. I checked everywhere and this place was pitch dark. The bar is designed that way. It's designed to frighten people. Eventually we went back upstairs to the bedroom. It turned out we were a shagin hour early with the time difference. We went upstairs to the lady that owned the place and said it to her. She was making out we were mad. She was lieing about it though. I seen it her face so i didn't push it. I'd love to go back and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

For the last while, I have woken up about 2am to the sound of coins\marbles being dropped on the floor above me really loudly and which seem to roll for quite a long time across the floor.

I used to hear this a lot as a kid - it would be very clear too. never figured it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Soft inda Head

I remember this too from when I was a child living in an apartment. Always felt annoyed that the people upstairs would do this. Vaguely remember the same type of noise as an adult living in an apartment in the same area years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Soft inda Head

I remember this too from when I was a child living in an apartment. Always felt annoyed that the people upstairs would do this. Vaguely remember the same type of noise as an adult living in an apartment in the same area years later.

• Advertisement

I've heard all sorts in the middle of the night.Some scary late night toilet breaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

ive heard the marble rolling on wooden floor sound in my house a few times, even though all of upstairs is carpeted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hi all first post :) Ok so my grandad sadly passed away in March this year . A couple of months later we got a bit of work done in the house out of money from his will :) He stayed in the extension at the back of the house with my granny(who is still alive). So after the work was finished my mam was taking pictures to show my aunty in Spain and she took photos in the bathroom in my grandparents room this was 3 months after he passed. She took this photo and it's the image of my grandad a reflection in the glass at the shower. That's where he use to sit because he was bad on his legs. I believe 100% this is my grandad here's a picture of him aswel to prove it

Didnt see it 1st time until I looked at the 2nd pic of him and looked again, I reckon I can see the face with the silver hair.

That's a scary story. Did he want the extention done?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sniperviper

Hi folks only my 2nd post here goes. Sorry its a bit long.
    Myself and my wife and 2 kids moved into our new house about 7 years ago the house was only newly built there where houses demolished to make way for a new housing estate to be built so we bought one. 3 months in the new house the first strange thing happened myself and my father and mother where in the kitchen drinking tea when we all heard at the same time somebody running along the landing upstairs my mum said to me i didnt know the kids where home to which my reply was there not here there both out shopping with there mother. we searched the house top to bottom but found nothing.

This happened every couple of weeks and lots of friends and family have heard it and all have thought the running footsteps sound like a child rather than a heavy running like an adult. I was in the house one morning in the bathroom brushing my teeth when i heard right nexted to my ear a girl laughing it scared me so much i actually jumped. I know it was right nexted to my ear it wasnt in another room i felt as if someone had leaned right in close to me and laughed and thats what made me jump the presence i felt.

my wife and I have also felt as if someone was sitting on the end of the bed when nobody is there but i beleave that can be explained as it only happens when we are just falling asleep or have just woke up also the sitting room door has opened by itself a couple of times i beleave this can be explained as well ive read about ghost/spirits/entities floating through walls and doors so why would they open them??

the nexted thing that happened i cant explain I woke up at 1:30am and i heard a noise coming from the kids room I thought the youngest had woken up and got hold of one of his toys the toy in question is a toy computer when you press a button it counts or sings a song or does the A B C`s depending on what you switch it too. I went into the room the kids where asleep and the toy was on the floor facing up the right way and it was singing the first word of the song it sings when you press the button, i stood there watching it for a few minutes and then it stopped i took the toy into our room and checked it over it was switched on so i pressed the button and it sung the whole song and the lights flashed on. Every time you press the button the lights flash as well as it singing,counting etc.

I have tryed to make it sing just the first word of the song without the lights flashing and i cannot get it to do this the lights allways flash and it allways sings the whole song, the batteries where almost new a week old and there still in it today and its working fine, It was sitting in the middle of the room the right way up with nothing touching the button I cannot explain it. I have a digital camera and video camera allways fully charged in the house and hope to catch some more things like this.
    There have been a few more incidents in my house but i think this post is long enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

7 years in the house . Do kids notice any thing ? Or just ye . ?
    It's very easy for the kids pick up tension in house if ye are tense in there .
    Try and get some history on site .
    Some times we may disregard the rational and jump to conclusions much too soon and we scare ourselves by what we "see". It maybe a benign presence but if it helps get some prayers said in the rooms .
    My man is old style and always blesses any change in car we get etc . Maybe u could apply this to your place .
    Good luck .

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    7 years in the house . Do kids notice any thing ? Or just ye . ?
    It's very easy for the kids pick up tension in house if ye are tense in there .
    Try and get some history on site .
    Some times we may disregard the rational and jump to conclusions much too soon and we scare ourselves by what we "see". It maybe a benign presence but if it helps get some prayers said in the rooms .
    My man is old style and always blesses any change in car we get etc . Maybe u could apply this to your place .
    Good luck .
    I try to explain anything that happens in the house with a rational explanation before i say i cant explain it. My wife had a woman in for her birthday that reads cards and said she was a medium she told the wife there where two ghosts/entities in the house one of a child and another older man ive seen a black or dark shadow upstairs in the house on 3 occasions I think this is the older man. When i seen these shadows there had been an odd feeling in the house like something just was`t right hard to explain the feeling.

on occasion things we put down get moved cups, keys, hairbrush which on one occasion was throw too the far side of the room,The history of the place ive only been able to get from the locals they have told me that a few people had passed away in the house`s that where there before mine was built the houses that where demolished had been left unoccupied for a few years before been demolished and they where used for people sleeping rough and using drugs at least 6 people died from overdoses in these houses.

nobody could remember any children passing away or if they did they didnt tell me. The footprint of my house and the old houses are not the same so it is possable that my house was built over two houses.

It could be that there was an old boreen where the house is too .
    A lot of places have things that are unexplainable but people don't talk about them .
    In older generations it was a lot easier to have these discussions . If you are ready to do so prehaps speak to a local clergy man . If anything just to get the place blessed .
    If that is not your thing maybe locate a medium . Prehaps the forum may be able to provide some recommendations .

A lot of places have things that are unexplainable but people don't talk about them .
    In older generations it was a lot easier to have these discussions . If you are ready to do so prehaps speak to a local clergy man . If anything just to get the place blessed .
    If that is not your thing maybe locate a medium . Prehaps the forum may be able to provide some recommendations .
    Spoke to the parish priest so at the moment we are waiting for him to call to us until then im going to do a bit of investigating see if i can find out any more history and capture some of the stuff with the camera or video camera

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

defo keep us updated, sounds very interesting!

• Advertisement

celica00 wrote: »
    defo keep us updated, sounds very interesting!

I certainly will, Its been very quiet since the toy incident.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's a booreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

What's a booreen?

A boreen (or bohareen) is a small road or lane. I always assumed it came from the word bóthar (i.e. road in Irish) and een (meaning something small). Open to correction though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JKM wrote: »
    A boreen (or bohareen) is a small road or lane. I always assumed it came from the word bóthar (i.e. road in Irish) and een (meaning something small). Open to correction though.

Cheers for that :)

@sniperviper, the entities in your home may not be attached to the land or house. I say this because the house I grew up had a lot of activity and it had been built by the previous owner, and before that, it was just a field. I regularly saw several shadowy figures walking through the house as if they knew where they were going and I can't explain who or what they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Indeed...I always thought it to be a semi-permanent, very often ancient green lane-way sided by hedges, probably not paved, just earthen track with possibly random cobble stones and the likes...

"Near Banbridge town, in the County Down
    One morning in July
    Down a boreen green came a sweet colleen
    And she smiled as she passed me by"

@ Rasmus I was thinking that maybe they lived and maybe passed away in the houses that where here before my home was built

U are right . Small road /lane that would not necessarily be on ordnance survey maps . It might be a weathered path between houses that are long gone .

Link http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boreen

Hope all is quiet for you OP

@ Rasmus I was thinking that maybe they lived and maybe passed away in the houses that where here before my home was built

Yeah I know, but maybe they weren't even attached to those houses - is there some way you or someone else might have brought something back with you from somewhere? The old houses wouldn't really have had the same footprint as your current house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I would be a natural skeptic, but reading some of the posts in this thread have given me some serious second thoughts.

Advertisement