Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL from Ship Street

• 28-02-2006 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick query here. Is anyone on netsource dsl from Ship Street? Got it installed today and cant push any more than 500k out of a 3mb connection (Origin plus). I suspect some of the wiring in the building but just wanted to check to see if others were getting an ok connection before I start pulling cables around or worse still, trying to get Eircom to do it! Im only about 1km from the exchange.

Pete

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Pete Reed wrote:
    Hello all,

Just a quick query here. Is anyone on netsource dsl from Ship Street? Got it installed today and cant push any more than 500k out of a 3mb connection (Origin plus). I suspect some of the wiring in the building but just wanted to check to see if others were getting an ok connection before I start pulling cables around or worse still, trying to get Eircom to do it! Im only about 1km from the exchange.

Pete

Have you checked your line quality in your router/modem?

This site might of interest to you (apologies if you know this stuff already)

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

Advertisement