Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New WWE Drug Policy

• 28-02-2006 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I was posting this and it got messed up..so here I go again....

WWE announced their new drug policy today. You can see it here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2209162

The actual policy is viewable here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/22092481

It seems to be very strict. Basically, if someone is found to test positive, they'll be suspended for 30 days without pay. If they test positive a second time, it's 60 days, and maybe rehab. 3rd strike you're out

An interesting point I noticed was that there's a distinction with alcohol and marijuana. They only test for them if there's reasonable need. So maybe RVD's goin to be alright afterall!

Each worker will be tested at least twice a year, with an average of 4 times a year

Every worker will also do a cardiovascular stress test

It'll be interesting to see how they explain a guy being off tv for 30 days, because I'm pretty sure a few are going to fail by the end of the year. A very big step in the right direction though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

The part about alcohol abuse; what about when Austin shows up for a beer bash etc etc?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

A big step in the right direction if they fully enforce it and if they don't give up on it after a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

A big step in the right direction if they fully enforce it and if they don't give up on it after a few years.

yup thats the hard part....interesting to see how it will go when it starts and who falls victim to it first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

To be honest, if you look closely you can already see the effects of people beginning to drop off there cycles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Dragan wrote:
    To be honest, if you look closely you can already see the effects of people beginning to drop off there cycles.

Who have you noticed dude? The only person i've noticed getting smaller is Orton. Guys like Masters still look just as big. I dunno - maybe i havnt looked closely enough or wouldnt realise some of the effects you've noticed.

• Advertisement

Edge is smaller than he was when he came back, which shoudn't really be because Edge was never really big to begin with, but he has lost a lot of size and a lot of detail, which i find suprising as he has always maintained his build very well up to recently and he was in the shape of his life just before he had to leave smackdown.

Rey has gotten progressive smaller for a while now, so i won't count him in as i would put that down to road time more than anything.

It's pretty obvious that Trip's groin injury hampered his training, but when he came back he was very "heavy" and lacking in his usual detail, i would even go so far as to say that he had a little bit of a belly. All in all, this is extrememly out of place for Trips as i think we all know the level of pride the man takes in his build! Sure, he would have had to suffer from the lack of excercise and the lay off, but i would have expected him to come back in decent shape and was suprised when he did not. Funnily enough it was around this time that WWE first announced a new testing program. Did someone get a tip off?

I reckon Master's is a whole load of genetics and no doubt he has helped himself a long a little bit or a lot with the juice i would say his condition is quite natural even if his size is not!!! From what i have been told about that dudes training and diet he is a machine and in fantastic shape for a reason.

I would not expect too many people to show signs very early, as it is quite easy to keep most of your muscle for a very long time as long as you can train and keep you protein up and your diet right!!

That said, i would put Edge and HHH in the catoagory of "starting to show signs" Then again, i could be wrong and imagining things......thats happened before. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I definitely noticed Edge looking a lot different at NYR. He looked kinda fat when I first saw him. And his wife has said that he uses steroids, so it all seems to point to the one thing

It's all good news for CM Punk though! It'd be deadly if this gave him his chance on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Poor young C.M. Punk. The guy that Triple H says "cant' work. Punk is seemily one bad move away from beig fired after appearing at an Ring of Honour show last week even though he asked permission from Tommy Dreamer. There was also a bit in the observer this week were he was condsidered to be "dangerous around woman". He's dating sweet, little Maria at the moment.

If I get time, I'll write the rest of it up. It sounds like someone wants him out the door to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard about that. It's a load of **** in my opinion. It seems to be mainly Dreamer's fault. And apparently HHH, HBK, Hayes and Arn Anderson don't like Punk because he "copies too many moves from Japan". Bull****! And how Anderson can look down on the same guy Harley Race has praised a **** load is beyond me! It's funny, because Punk actually reminds me of HHH and HBK a lot at times

I didn't hear the bit about being dangerous around women though. Kinda strange, I'd imagine him to be a friendly guy

Maybe a lot of the guys are just jealous of him because he's gotten so far without drugs or steroids or painkillers. Maybe this drug policy will add more to that

Fozzy wrote:
    Maybe a lot of the guys are just jealous of him because he's gotten so far without drugs or steroids or painkillers. Maybe this drug policy will add more to that

The guy is either great or crazy, one or the other!!! We're talking about a guy who refused pain meds when he cracked his skull for crying out loud.

You gotta love true Straight Edge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement