Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB controler suggestion for DJing

• 28-02-2006 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi can anybody suggest a good USB controler for realtime mixing / trigering / scratching ect... At the moment I'm using a 12" Powerbook runing Live 5 with an M-audio keyboard which is great, but I'd like to be able to do a bit more.

I was looking at the Hercules console. It looks good. Does anybody know if it works with Live?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

At the moment im using this Link

Its a fantastic controller for live. The knobs are "endless rotary" and any changes you make in live with your mouse/keyboard that is also assigned to a button/knob on your controller is replicated on the controller via a feedback system.

The controller is about the area of a laptop and a very good build.

Im actually going to get this next LINK as it is much more suited to DJ'n. I might even use the two in conjunction. Now there is a great combination if you have the skill to extract their potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

thanks man. looks interesting! what kind of stuff are you doing with Live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

I did a collab session recently with a friend. He was exclusively on vinyl and we ran his outputs through my inputs and was able to remix his stuff live!..was fun, was messy, was a disaster...was focking brilliant. I havent even scraped the surface of ableton...a life long thing id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

uusing the m-audio trigger figger, pretty good and great for trigger
    loops and drum samples over tracks, only critism would be that
    there's not enough controllers on it & it has a slight toy kinda feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I'm using an M-audio Keyboard and already I've run out of buttons. I'm trying to figure out what else can be done with Live. Obviously beat-matching, trigering loops / samples, and adding FX are all pretty straight forward.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gregeri

Couln't see the links above, but highly recommend:

Faderfox micromodul LV2 (specifically for Ableton)

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/8779

Advertisement