Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard to take

• 28-02-2006 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Rejection is hard to take isnt it? relationship-wise.

You kinda loose a little self-esteem.

Well I did anyways. You start thinking if there is something wrong with you. Kind of consumes you a little. Thought Id be feeling better by now but still hurts alot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

you're right it does hurt. and it hurts for a friggin long time too, u might never forget it but you will get over it, it doesnt get easier or simple, eventually u learn to just accept it and move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The other person wasn't worthy of you anyway ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

I think you should never ever judge yourself based on someone's rejection. If someone found you to be inappropriate to have relationships with, all this means is that there's some incompatibility between the two of you.

It doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, or that everything's better with the person who rejected you.

Just think about it for a while. How being too different to stay together could be anything to do with your self-esteem?

You will feel better as soon as you realise it's wasn't necessarily your fault.

This person just never contacted me again! One day just never contacted me again.
    Feel like a bit of a fool. Feelings all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

NortSoide wrote:
    The other person wasn't worthy of you anyway ...

Expanding your head might work as a shield against rejection and also make you look like a snob.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Rejection wrote:
    This person just never contacted me again! One day just never contacted me again.

Pretty spineless not even giving you an explanation. And it can very hurtful. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and try not to let it effect you or to take it too personally. Just because you're not compatible with someone does not necessarily mean that YOU are the one to blame. Onwards and upwards....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Wow, that was such a cruel way to go about things.

Now you know what the person is really like, too spineless to even talk to you about it.

There is nothing necessarily wrong with you, you two were just incompatible and now you can stop wasting time on that and move on to find somebody who you are more suitable to.

Good luck :)

Rejection wrote:

Not to put you on a downer again, but do you not think that there was maybe a reason the person never contacted you again, did you treat him/her badly?
    It might have been more painful for the person to stay in contact with you if they thought the relationship could go nowhere???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fear of rejection / that people won't be our friends anymore is very diffficult. I personally assocaite it with people thinking I'm a "bad person" or I am "bad". It can be very diffficult.

maybe they just not bothered with you to start with..

• Advertisement
Advertisement