Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth to record the next album in Dublin?

• 28-02-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

From Bravewords
    MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message in the forum section at the band's official website:

"Droogies and She-Wolves!

Wow, did the last four days of rehearsal fly by. I am pleased to say that we are going to be completely ready for business in Dubai, and can't wait to see what lies ahead in the Persian Gulf. It is just a shame that while going so far around the world, that we aren't visiting some other strange and exotic land.

James Lomenzo has fit in well. He is just as likeable and pro as James MacDonough and David Ellefson were, and promises a new era in Megadeth sounds. The Drovers and I went over every single note of our own parts as well as each others, and we made a lot of improvements. We also dug real deep into the bass parts that Ellefson and Jimmy Sloas had cut and James was well equipped for the days ahead preparing for our next round of rehearsal.

I had mentioned to the guys about maybe having a small group of you in Hollywood drop in for a few minutes to see how we're doing before we leave. I am going to mull this over and if we feel good, and it did feel good, our beloved webmaster will let y'all know.

I am also considering recording out of the country. Maybe Dublin, Ireland, maybe London, England, who knows? I do know that creative juices are dripping and I am excited about the next season in the land of 'All Things Mega.'

Lastly, congratulations to all of the winners and losers of the 2006 Winter Olympics. When they have the 1000m Riff Off, man I'll go to watch that!!

And now, off to bed to rest my swollen digits.

COG2

MSGD!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

as long as it doesnt go sounding like Risk then ill be happy, but it would be interesting to see Dave in Ireland, strutting his stuff, going for the odd drink in fibbers....being tossed out at closing cause he spent the night telling everyone he used to be in metallica.....but it opens the door to a 2 night gig possibility in the Ambassador, which would be cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I don't think he'd go to Fibbers :p

He seemed keen to go to an Irish music bar last time he was here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

He's just saying that probably. I'd rather he come and play again than just record an album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Hehe yeah he was joking about..someone recommended Bruxelles to him and he said

" a metal bar? why would I want to go there? That's just like work!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Hehe yeah he was joking about..someone recommended Bruxelles to him and he said

" a metal bar? why would I want to go there? That's just like work!"
    haha legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm playing mandolin on the new album.

Advertisement