Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Man on Pat kenny show.LINK

• 28-02-2006 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

This was Interesting, heres the link http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/ Fast forward using real player to about 1:26, ie the show started at 10 and BB man came on @ 11.26AM approx. Probably wont be online till lunchtime as It was only todays show. That guy hates the word "SMART TELECOM" Comments welcome after you have listened to this, But in fairness he did ok, considering the onslaught from customers...Big "PHEW" when he left RTE I'd say !!

ONLINE NOW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

How do you listen to it, i have downloaded some .smil file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

See Next Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

You need to download realplayer http://www.real.com/freeplayer/?rppr=rnwk
    then click on RTE link in first post, find todays show, click play...Bobs your uncle !! As I said, probably wont be online till about 1pm :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

It's up, interesting interview.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

MarinoMark wrote:
    You need to download realplayer
    ...or, better yet, Real Alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Hmm, even I made it onto the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

eircom have written to all those who had queries, here's what i got yesterday from one Maria Jonsson:

'You recently contacted the Pat Kenny Show concerning the currently inability to qualify for eircom broadband. eircom are investigating every query that was submitted to RTE on a case by case basis.

Eircom continues to enable dozens of telephone exchanges each month, and there is a possibility that your line may now qualify.

In order to respond to your specific query, I would be grateful if you could provide the land line telephone number that you would like to receive broadband.

Once we have the correct telephone number, eircom will investigate and respond to you within the next two weeks.'

My query was the first read out by Pat. I'm not very hopeful, but you never know I suppose.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure you cc every email between you and eircom to Pat Kennys program .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭federerfan

The guy said that broadband is a technology...

Broadband is a generic term for a bunch of technologies...

Typical Eircon muppet

Fedfan

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Broadband is using many frequencies (or a broad band of frequencies) to transmit data.

I'd call it a technology- much as PSTN or narrowband is a technology.

Anyways he was obviously a PR guy, didn't do too bad- havent seen any other telco explaning why they are not offering broadband to everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I can't find the show. It only has mondays show and tuesdays is last tuesday i think cause when i fast forwarded it, that guy wasn't on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

McCalvin wrote:
    didn't do too bad- havent seen any other telco explaning why they are not offering broadband to everyone?

Probably because they needed eircom to explain it first as they're mostly reliant on eircom's infrastructure to deliver said broadband...?

Advertisement