Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse stability problems?

Options
  • 28-02-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where else to put it... but is anyone having any stability problems with the latest version of Eclipse (3.1.2) for Mac OS X? Just wondering, because I'm working on an assignment at the moment, and Eclipse has crashed 3 times in the last 30 minutes for me. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭toString

Not sure where else to put it... but is anyone having any stability problems with the latest version of Eclipse (3.1.2) for Mac OS X? Just wondering, because I'm working on an assignment at the moment, and Eclipse has crashed 3 times in the last 30 minutes for me. :(

not here, on XP, but that shouldn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

you have any plugins installed in it? Also are you using a gold release vs a nightly build?

What sort of crash is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't have any plugins installed, and it's a gold release, the most recent one(3.1.2). I'm using Java 1.5.0. When I'm just typing something, it will randomly just freeze and give me the spinning beachball of death. When I force quit Eclipse from the dock, I get the error code 143 with it.

afair, Eclipse should generate an error log when it dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Valehru

Check the error log, it should give you more of a clue where to look. Perhaps you're working on a large project and Eclipse is just sucking up as much memory as possible in order to keep up?

When in doubt just uninstall, reboot and re-install.

• Advertisement

yea thats a point. Try launching with a different workspace.

Advertisement